+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Doesn't he look like he's waiting for the right time to slip a drug into someone's drink? CREEPY
    Yup, with donuts!!

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

Why are they choosing gay men to be on this show?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by IstateTheFacts;2778323;
    Why are they choosing gay men to be on this show?
    Hah! That is so funny! These guys just don't think like the rest of the world. I work with guys like these....total disconnect; they don't get with the rest of the world gets.

I think having money has to really screw things up too. It would be hard to know if the girl likes the guy and not the money.

On a sidenote.....I think it's a real statement about our society that these are mostly older men looking for younger women. And....there haven't been any female bachelorettes yet (or does the matchmaker only work with men?)

I'm LOVING this thread! I wasn't going to watch this show but now I am. It's new and FUN!

It has great snarking potential!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by gemgirlco.com;2777171;
    I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if he would do better with a French speaking girl.
    Julien comes across very French and proper. He should go back to Europe to look for someone. He is too uncomfortable and doesn't understand women from the States and they don't understand him. I think he is trying too hard.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

I only watched the first show (Shoepie was right, I was folding laundry, and it was perfect forthat), but I noticed in the credits that it said that the men who were on the show didn't have to pay the fee for the service.

So, if you're a millionaire, but don't want to pay the $10,000+ fee, you can have your life splashed across cable television and show the world just why you're still single (and probably should remain that way).

I'm a natural redhead and I don't look good as a brunette or a blonde, and I've found I tend to have to beat the guys off. I think Patty's just envious.

FORT Fan

I also was wondering about that disclaimer at the end, that these particular millionaires did NOT pay for the service?

This show is some fun, but each episode leaves us pretty much up in the air. It would have been better IMHO to have followed these "cases" with a "update"....but maybe there is not much to update?? Presumably she keeps setting up her real clients til they make a match, but these "made for tv" guys are just given one show's worth??

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;2779376;
    I also was wondering about that disclaimer at the end, that these particular millionaires did NOT pay for the service?

This show is some fun, but each episode leaves us pretty much up in the air. It would have been better IMHO to have followed these "cases" with a "update"....but maybe there is not much to update?? Presumably she keeps setting up her real clients til they make a match, but these "made for tv" guys are just given one show's worth??
    Just what I was thinking! I want to see who these guys end up with (especially Julian).

That's why they don't pay. She only gives them a taste of what they might have had. Maybe she's trying to get them to actually join so she can make the fee from them.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

+ Reply to Thread