+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 127 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Fogey

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3843124;
    I watched a rerun from last season, in which Patti matched both clients at a mixer: millionaire Bill and millionairess Heidi. Bill was about in his mid-40s, good-looking; Heidi was 41, gorgeous blonde, with a 1-yr-old daughter.
    I remember that episode, and I've wondered if they stayed together.

FORT Fogey

After posting, I googled them (gotta create distractions to avoid doing any actual work ) and found only one article about Heidi's experience on the show (she said Patti is really tough). It mentioned she watched the show about 7 months after it was filmed, and at that time had not found her true love yet. So that doesn't sound too positive for her and Bill.

We must have both watched this weekend.

I think it points out that this show is a sham.
    Patti may actually have a business, but I think the people we see on this show are all reality wannabees and/or people wanting/needing publicity.
    Both Heidi and Bill seemed very real and normal and so I was surprised that either would sign up for this.

I also saw an episode with Marv Davis' grandson. He looked like he should have been in rehab instead of on t5he show. It was just very sad to watch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3843161;
    no
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Last night's episode could have been subtitled "You Should Have Listened to Patti." But I didn't get why Patti invited Angel to the mixer at all if she didn't want Jimmy D to wind up with her on the date. I know she said it was a "trap," but is that what an upscale matchmaker should be doing ..setting traps for clients to test them? Guess Jimmy D had to learn the hard way, if he really learned at all. As far as the other guy who wanted a Christian wife, he was just ridiculous to choose the Jewish woman. He said he was willing to try expanding his horizons, or however he put it, when what he obviously really meant was that he wanted her to expand her horizons to suit him. He expected her to agree to raise her children as Christians ... in exchange for the great honor of being his wife, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3847208;
    Last night's episode could have been subtitled "You Should Have Listened to Patti." But I didn't get why Patti invited Angel to the mixer at all if she didn't want Jimmy D to wind up with her on the date. I know she said it was a "trap," but is that what an upscale matchmaker should be doing ..setting traps for clients to test them? Guess Jimmy D had to learn the hard way, if he really learned at all. As far as the other guy who wanted a Christian wife, he was just ridiculous to choose the Jewish woman. He said he was willing to try expanding his horizons, or however he put it, when what he obviously really meant was that he wanted her to expand her horizons to suit him. He expected her to agree to raise her children as Christians ... in exchange for the great honor of being his wife, I guess.

I think patti felt that jimmy had changed from the experience with his injury but, she wanted to see if he had changed with how he picked women. You don't always get a match the first time around. So, i think Paattie wanted to know right out of the gate if jimmy had changed not only in his demeanor but, in his picker as she likes to call it. She wanted to know before she wasted anymore time with him. Plus, patti spends a lot of time with her clients trying to mold them into doing the dating process right and pursiuing the the right person for them. It's not just that she finds the girls for them. So, the trap and the experience after the date would allow her to refine the help that jimmy needed befor ehe could find and pursue the right girl and refine her choices of girls for future dates.

The other guy was trying to be open because he felt he had such a good connection with the jewish girl. He didn't want to pass up such a great connection without pursuing the connection further and determining how open he could be with religion. The problem was that the girl was even more closed minded about religion. I think if she had said she would be open to rasing the children knowing both faiths and her jewish religion and the connection continued strong, he might have pursued it further. But, when she shut it down right from the get go there was nowhere to go. I also think if he found a woman with a great connection who had a strong belief in god but, wasn't his exact faith he would pursue it. Especially, if the woman was willing to raise the children christian. The second girl he had was very vocal about being anti-religion. So, I think with the connection he had with the jewish girl she was his only choice of the two. jmo

FORT Fogey

The Jewish girl might have been the only choice of the two, but the two were his choice, not Patti's. In the Jewish religion, the children are always the religion of the mother. Patti, being Jewish could have told him that, and maybe she did but his "picker" led him otherwise. Many Jews marry outside their religion, but in the 10-minute date he could easily have ascertained how important her religion was to her. If religion were as important to me as it apparently was to him in terms of married life and children, I would certainly politely ask the other person how important their religion is to them. No big loss, I guess. Just a waste of a master date.

FORT Fogey

The Jewish woman who seemed to have crashed the mixer (although she said her friend told her about it or she came with a friend?) seemed like an opportunist to me. Just didn't get a good vibe from her, but could be due to editing.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3843161;
    Didn't he drop her because he found out she was older. I think Patti was upset about it because she told Heidi not to reveal her age. I might have the wrong epsoide but I'm thinking this was the show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3847698;
    Didn't he drop her because he found out she was older. I think Patti was upset about it because she told Heidi not to reveal her age. I might have the wrong epsoide but I'm thinking this was the show.
    No, the episode I think you're referring to was a couple of weeks ago? The episode with Bill and Heidi was around a year (or more) ago. They were both millionaires, and ended up choosing each other at the mixer. Patti did tell Heidi not to reveal her age, but the followup mentioned they were still dating. Someone read that they later weren't seeing each other.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 03-04-2010 at 06:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread