+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 127 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

On the dating sites, I once tried to arrange a date with a woman who sounded like that - very successful and driven, very used to getting what she wanted. She was absolutely brilliant in email, seemed like she was truly beautiful from her pictures (imagine Shauna without the botox) and I was looking forward to talking.

I didn't survive the first phone call. Oh, my. She just kept ripping me new ones every time I disagreed on anything. I felt like I was trying to talk law with a Supreme Court justice. Before the phone call, I was struggling to figure out how a woman that accomplished and intelligent could have been through two divorces. Afterward, I rather imagined she'd be on her third by that time next year.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Fogey

Old guy was so sweet and a great catch! Botox lady is such a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog;3822018;
    On the dating sites, I once tried to arrange a date with a woman who sounded like that - very successful and driven, very used to getting what she wanted. She was absolutely brilliant in email, seemed like she was truly beautiful from her pictures (imagine Shauna without the botox) and I was looking forward to talking.

I didn't survive the first phone call. Oh, my. She just kept ripping me new ones every time I disagreed on anything. I felt like I was trying to talk law with a Supreme Court justice. Before the phone call, I was struggling to figure out how a woman that accomplished and intelligent could have been through two divorces. Afterward, I rather imagined she'd be on her third by that time next year.
    My boyfriend (a lawyer who specializes in litigation) is like this...it sucks. I use reverse pyschology on him becasue he always disagrees with my opinion or what I want to do....but using my new strategy has helped!!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3822034;
    Old guy was so sweet and a great catch! Botox lady is such a loser.
    I agree that Shauna is her own worst enemy. I don't know why these guys keep telling her how hot she is. Maybe if someone told her the truth (besides Patti), she'd wise up a little. Had to laugh about you calling that guy "old." I guess it all depends how old the observer is. To me, he was not old at all ... and if Heidi Klum dated him, who is Shauna to stalk off in a huff and not even give him a chance. He planned a dinner for her at Spago's, for cripes sake!

FORT Fogey

Anyone see the show last night? I was really surprised that neither of the two matches worked out. I thought that Patti did a good job of putting those couples together, and I felt bad that Gummy Bear's match dumped him. He was a train wreck to start out with, but I think he had a good heart and was really sincere about wanting a relationship. David pssst me off. He's just another cliche' of the older guy saying he wants someone a little older (although in his case, able to bear children) and then going for the one half his age. He and the beautiful, smart millionairess had tons in common, but just because she had grownup kids, he dumps her. The other woman Patti had to talk him out of at the mixer was nearly the same age as the milionairess's oldest kid! I suspect it's not only a matter of age for him, but also that he is insecure and feels threatened by women who are smart and successful.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3831370;
    I suspect it's not only a matter of age for him, but also that he is insecure and feels threatened by women who are smart and successful.
    I agree, and I will never understand guys like that. As Patty said, they could've worked on building wealth TOGETHER.

Also, it was hilarious (but definitely unprofessional) when Patty called that one woman an ugly firecrotch. I can't believe she even showed up to the mixer to begin with!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought that "Gummi Bear" dumped his date, instead of vice versa. She was looking for his money, anyway, from what I could tell. Why was he walking with a cane? He looked like he could have had a stroke, or something similar. He sure looked older than "almost 25". Looked to me like his date was going to "play" him, and keep her other guy on the side, too. Anyway, I found "Gummi" gross. It didn't help that he smoked.

The David guy shows what happens when you think you are so good-looking that you don't have to develop any other aspects of your personality. I couldn't believe that he said, to the millionairess, "Patti said that I wouldn't have to worry about a pre-nup with you." Guys can be so stupid. Why doesn't he just go out and make a baby, and be done with it? He could do it all in a very sterile environment where a personality would not be required. He's got the money for a surrogate.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3831384;
    Also, it was hilarious (but definitely unprofessional) when Patty called that one woman an ugly firecrotch. I can't believe she even showed up to the mixer to begin with!
    It was kind of ironic for Patti to call the woman "firecrotch," as Jason "Gummi Bear" Davis' brother, Brandon, is infamous for being the one who first named Lindsey Lohan "firecrotch," in his caught-on-video rant.

When I watched Jason last night, I noticed he actually needed the cane that he carried to walk with, and it wasn't just some eccentric prop. I googled him, and read that he was "recently hospitalized for a foot infection." Doesn't surprise me - did anyone notice how GROSS his toenails were when he was having the pedicure with Destin?! Yuk!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The toenails were YELLOW, which screams nail fungus!!!

And his fingernails had GRIME under them!!! You don't have to have a lot of money to tend to your nails....fingers and feet!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3831405;
    I thought that "Gummi Bear" dumped his date, instead of vice versa. She was looking for his money, anyway, from what I could tell. Why was he walking with a cane? He looked like he could have had a stroke, or something similar. He sure looked older than "almost 25". Looked to me like his date was going to "play" him, and keep her other guy on the side, too. Anyway, I found "Gummi" gross. It didn't help that he smoked.

The David guy shows what happens when you think you are so good-looking that you don't have to develop any other aspects of your personality. I couldn't believe that he said, to the millionairess, "Patti said that I wouldn't have to worry about a pre-nup with you." Guys can be so stupid. Why doesn't he just go out and make a baby, and be done with it? He could do it all in a very sterile environment where a personality would not be required. He's got the money for a surrogate.
    Being blunt, what good-looking young woman with anything going for her would be interested in Gummi Bear for anything other than his money? He may have a heart underneath the grimy exterior, but he also seems to make a practice of testing his dates by being nasty to them and calling it his sense of humor, until he feels he can trust them. I can't imagine many non-desperate women putting up with his "issues" without the money being a large incentive.

The other guy, David, was a big disappointment. I had a feeling that once he saw Leslie in the bright sunlight and you could see that she couldn't pass for 30 anymore, that he would dump her.

+ Reply to Thread