+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 127 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Fogey

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Shauna could have shown some grace, and at least gone to dinner with the guy (can't recall his name). I thought he was handsome, and seemed like a good guy. I really felt badly for him. Noone deserves to be treated that way. What a miserable, wretched woman she is.

I thought the girl the other millionaire chose was adorable. A mismatch for sure, though.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3816531;
    Shauna could have shown some grace, and at least gone to dinner with the guy (can't recall his name). I thought he was handsome, and seemed like a good guy. I really felt badly for him. Noone deserves to be treated that way. What a miserable, wretched woman she is.
    I thought he was hot! If that guy looks like he's 100, then sign me up! :llovestruc Maybe Shauna just had a complex about taking Heidi Klum's sloppy seconds! If it was me, I'd have an inferiority complex knowing he'd been with Heidi. ITA with Patty - she's just going to be alone for the rest of her life. I loved that, during the "selection process" the other client was seeing what Patty saw. Shauna's drooling over the young, hot guy and he's asking her why she's there, 'cause that 27-year old probably isn't relationship material.

I just think Shauna has a shocking lack of self-awareness, both emotionally and physically. If they hadn't old us her age, I would have thought she was in her late 40's or more. She's not all that attractive and is not aging well. Maybe it has to do with her nasty personality coming through. A man buys her a dress and all she can do is criticize it. He plans a really nice date and she can't even be bothered to go.

Someone needs to tell her that the only 42 year old woman who ends up with a hot 20-something guy is Halle Berry.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't really watch this show and only watched it last night because Shauna was on it (I saw last seasons episode that she was in). That woman is crrrrazy

The guy she was suppose to go on a date with looked kind of like John Forsythe (well not the way he looks now but about 30 years ago). In other words, he was very attractive. There is really nothing about Shauna that is attractive and instead of her getting botox she should consider a rhinoplasty. I'm glad Patty told her off. And didn't Shauna pick the '100 year old' man?!?!?! That woman has some serious issues that need to be addressed before she is even close to being ready to date someone.

The show for the most part is entertaining but some things bug me. It's very materialistic, which really shouldn't surprise me, but some of the things she tells her clients to do make me roll my eyes. I also don't like how mean she can be to women/men that could possibly be chosen as prospective dates. This isn't American Idol, there's not talent here, no need to get all Simon Cowell on them.

I had to chime in here because for the life of me I have been trying to figure out why this Shauna person would have agreed to appear on the show again. If it was to get good PR for her business, her vile personality surely had the opposite effect. She wasn't really interested in taking Patti's advice (one of the few times I really agreed 100% with Patti's tactics), yet knew that Patti was unwilling to set her up with another young studmuffin. The only thing I can imagine is that she really is that clueless, and thought that she was so appealing that a good-looking millionaire in his late 30's, early 40's would have any interest in her. Heidi's ex was way too good for her as it is. She is in need of a good therapist, not a matchmaker.

I also loved the rapper/swimmer girl, and thought Bradley Cooper lite was a fool to not give her a chance. He was nice but was in desperate need of a personality infusion, and she could have loosened him up/drawn him out of his shell a little if he'd let her. Maybe not a long term match, but a few more dates wouldn't have hurt.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bradley Cooper was more like a houseplant. Wonder how he managed to become so bizarre, personality-wise? He can't loosen up, relax, and have fun. He needs to be in total control. I also see why HE is alone.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3816533;
    Someone needs to tell her that the only 42 year old woman who ends up with a hot 20-something guy is Halle Berry.
    When she said that she's 42 years old, I couldn't believe it! She's obviously lying about her age. I'd put her more about 48 years old, quickly approaching 49.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3818125;
    When she said that she's 42 years old, I couldn't believe it! She's obviously lying about her age. I'd put her more about 48 years old, quickly approaching 49.
    and she looks much older than Patti, for sure. Plus, nothing ages you faster, imo, that a nasty attitude. If you're negative all the time, it shows on your face. Shauna seems to just say no to everything. She clearly hasn't matured emotionally if she's still interested in those young boys. What 42 year old wants to keep dating men 15 years younger....especially when the same thing keeps happening (i.e. they get bored and dump her for a newer model)? Maybe those young guys are her intellectual equal and more mature men her own age or older would call her on her b.s.

I thought "Bradley Cooper lite" was cute. I think he's just so painfully shy that he doesn't know how to behave around women. I think with some coaching and more dating practice, he'll be good to go. It worked for that client who showed up at the beginning of the episode with his fiancee. As I recall, he seemed pretty hopeless at first too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The Shauna comeback reeked of producer meddling. I think she probably is a difficult woman, but I think this episode was 100 percent staged.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3818156;
    and she looks much older than Patti, for sure. Plus, nothing ages you faster, imo, that a nasty attitude. If you're negative all the time, it shows on your face. Shauna seems to just say no to everything. She clearly hasn't matured emotionally if she's still interested in those young boys. What 42 year old wants to keep dating men 15 years younger....especially when the same thing keeps happening (i.e. they get bored and dump her for a newer model)? Maybe those young guys are her intellectual equal and more mature men her own age or older would call her on her b.s.

I thought "Bradley Cooper lite" was cute. I think he's just so painfully shy that he doesn't know how to behave around women. I think with some coaching and more dating practice, he'll be good to go. It worked for that client who showed up at the beginning of the episode with his fiancee. As I recall, he seemed pretty hopeless at first too.
    This guy has the affliction that seeems "cute", at first and, down the road, you come to realize just how neurotic it really is, and you're ready to tear your hair out! The "cute" wears off pretty quickly, if you're the one that is stuck with him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Just watched the Omar and Nick episode again (the junk haulers), and Omar seemed even more of a jerk than the first time I watched it! At least Nick took Patti's advice and seemed to learn something and mature greatly as a result, which paid off for him. Can't believe that Omar completely ignored Patti and the life coach and did something so stupid. Then I remembered that both of those guys were on an episode of Shark Tank last season, and all the sharks told them they were jerks!

+ Reply to Thread