+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 127 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

being a millionaire does not necessarily mean you are classy. i mean, look at most of the millionaires on this show. and, yes the millionaires all have a long list of who and what they want, and then they seem to pick the ex-stripper. I think she is giving them exactly what they want.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;3805950;
    I'm amazed that these "millionaires" would believe Patti's service was capable of finding the kind of women they say they want. If they were such clever entrepreneurs to become millionaires, I'd think they would be savvy enough to know Patti's business is a joke. She's coarse and vulgar, looks ridiculous for her age, and her staff is an embarrassment. Of course, some of these "millionaires" are no prize either, which may be the reason they're forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find someone, anyone who will fix them up with "hot chicks."
    This show is a joke. I agree will nearly all of the above except I submit that the millionaires who go on the show do so mostly to promote their businesses. If they find a partner (for the night or permanently) is just icing on the cake.

The contestants who go on the show are gold-diggers and/or hollywood wannabes. If they find true love along the way, it is just icing on the cake.

IMO, no one is in it for the reason the business - and the show - purports to promote, i.e. "love".

Patti + team are wanting on several counts, but I like them. And, I like Patti for having the courage to keep such an ecclectic group around. They are the most real part of the show (IMO).

FORT Fogey

I submit that the millionaires who go on the show do so mostly to promote their businesses. If they find a partner (for the night or permanently) is just icing on the cake.

The contestants who go on the show are gold-diggers and/or hollywood wannabes. If they find true love along the way, it is just icing on the cake.
    I agree with all of the above. I think most of us know by now that there's very little real in "reality" shows. The premise of the show -- millionaires who want to meet someone to develop a serious relationship -- sounds interesting but the reality is just as you describe.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else see Patti on "Oprah" last week? She sounded much more professional than she does on her own show. The outfit she wore in the taped piece was outrageous and befitting a young 20-something, but the dress she was wearing on Skype appeared to be more professional. Anyway, I think the advice she gave the woman they were fixing up was pretty good and delivered in a much more professional, authoritative way than she does on her show.

I watch the show for the amusement factor not because I'm looking for a representation of real life. The way many of these guys act looking for women they would be just as well served by an agency that charges by the date or by the hour.

And I do get a good chuckle when they join an agency which is based on their income and turn back around and state they don't want gold diggers. And the women join who apparently don't want poor guys....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Who, in their right mind, wants a poor guy??? Life is rough enough!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3806543;
    Who, in their right mind, wants a poor guy??? Life is rough enough!
    Touché!

That's where I went wrong.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Felt bad for Justin. A bias there, because Picket Fences is probably my all-time favorite show and he was quite a talented child actor. But he did make a perfect ass of himself. Have to laugh at the "angry hobbit" line, even if Patti repeated it too many times.

Also had to laugh at Eden's "Debbie Downer" impersonation. Anyway, for once a believable couple on the show. Either that, or Taylor and Tyler are better actors than Justin.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Loved the "Angry Hobbit" line!!! Some names just fit!!! I can see why he is single.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3806452;
    Did anyone else see Patti on "Oprah" last week? She sounded much more professional than she does on her own show. The outfit she wore in the taped piece was outrageous and befitting a young 20-something, but the dress she was wearing on Skype appeared to be more professional. Anyway, I think the advice she gave the woman they were fixing up was pretty good and delivered in a much more professional, authoritative way than she does on her show.
    It is hard to sound professional when you are talking about b@lls and peni$ all the time. She can be so crude, but I do like her methods for dating. I agree that a man should initiate the relationship...for some reason men have gotten away from persuing a woman.

+ Reply to Thread