+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 127 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Perhaps it would be useful to remember that this show is not a documentary, but rather it appears to be a heavily staged reality show. It probably would be a big mistake to take it at all seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3403737;
    Perhaps it would be useful to remember that this show is not a documentary, but rather it appears to be a heavily staged reality show. It probably would be a big mistake to take it at all seriously.
    thats the problem..i viewed it as a documentary..thats the way they set it up..i thought these were real clients and she was really trying to find a match for them..and thats what made it interesting..its wasn't another show filled with "actors" portraying these things..then to find out it is..just destroys everything...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3403761;
    thats the problem..i viewed it as a documentary..thats the way they set it up..i thought these were real clients and she was really trying to find a match for them..and thats what made it interesting..its wasn't another show filled with "actors" portraying these things..then to find out it is..just destroys everything...
    But you are watching Bravo... They jumped into the deep end of the reality cesspool pool a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3403983;
    But you are watching Bravo... They jumped into the deep end of the reality cesspool pool a long time ago.
    I'm not so sure about that. I love their programming and find their reality shows far more entertaing and less offensive than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3403983;
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3403985;
    I'm not so sure about that. I love their programming and find their reality shows far more entertaing and less offensive than most.

Seriously, I think E! is tied with MTV for the "reality cesspool" award!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

If this show is staged, why do they allow Patti to wears clothes that are not appropriate for her body type? Why did they hand her a script that portrays her as uneducated woman who uses improper grammar and acts mean? How come she says there are no excuses when it comes to love and then says she's concentrating on her business and not sure about her relationship? She has stated before that saying that is an excuse. Why did they use an office staff that could scare potential clients and acts unprofessional? If this is her real business, this show is bad PR for it. If this show is acted, they need new script writers, stylists, and makeup artists.

I just looked up Paul on the LA Clippers website and there's no Paul on the team roster. I wonder what we'd find if we looked up any other clients.

They let her look like that because it gets people talking and ratings. There's very little reality in reality TV.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3404494;
    If this show is staged, why do they allow Patti to wears clothes that are not appropriate for her body type? Why did they hand her a script that portrays her as uneducated woman who uses improper grammar and acts mean? How come she says there are no excuses when it comes to love and then says she's concentrating on her business and not sure about her relationship? She has stated before that saying that is an excuse. Why did they use an office staff that could scare potential clients and acts unprofessional? If this is her real business, this show is bad PR for it. If this show is acted, they need new script writers, stylists, and makeup artists.

I just looked up Paul on the LA Clippers website and there's no Paul on the team roster. I wonder what we'd find if we looked up any other clients.
    Who said the show was scripted? Not me. As with some other Bravo shows (Workout, Blowout, Queer Eye (for the Straight Guy), Style w/Tim Gunn, Make Me a Supermodel) the producers storyboard the episode and introduce their cast into specific situations. It's probably better to think of it as reality improv.

What I did hear from the person I know in casting is that Patti is very difficult to work with and is exactly as abrupt with the TV production crew as she is with the cast.

I know something of three of the millionaires (Lonnie - Geisha House/Dolce Group), Brett Jacobson (Her energy Drink) and the guy with the house in Malibu overlooking the ocean. All were there for publicity. The latter of the three pays his mortgage by renting out his house for TV and movie productions. "Her" even now has a group on facebook that started right after the CEO's appearance on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3404494;

I have wondered those things myself and I know last season when she was talking about her boyfriend she said that it was time for a serious discussion cause if he wasn't ready to get married then maybe it was time for her to explore other options and now this season its she doesn't want to and wants to concentrate on her career...BULL...I didn't like it when she told the girl she was too fat for a mixer and the girl was proabably a size 8 or so and Patti is NOT A SIZE 2 but she won't pick women that aren't
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Who is John Galt?

I didn't know the show was staged with actors or semi-actors simulating the experiences of the actual bachelors. I was enjoying watching until that was revealed. Now that I know it is all fake, it has lost its appeal for me. But, even being staged, it is still a trainwreck in many ways, as follows:
    1. I agree with another poster, Patti's crew look very unprofessional. I would never go to an agency that was supposed to be a classy matchmaker for high end clients that had a staff who looked like they do.
    2. Patti is an interesting lady, but her desire for the women to look like high priced hookers is even more interesting. And . . didn't straight ironed hair, skin tight dresses with super short skirts, and very low cut tops go out of fashion sometime in the 70's?
    3. If male millionaires really want 20 something girls who look like Patti's ideal and have very little between their ears, they aren't worth the effort (unless of course you are a gold digger and only want a guy for his $).
    4. And if any of these men want a woman with a brain (a few actually have, surprisingly), how many women do you know who look like No. 2 above and is an intellectual and/or a professional with a college degree. That doesn't mean an intelligent woman can't be beautiful or look like Patti's ideal, but few have the desire to conform to the kind of arm twisting that Patti uses on her stable of ladies.
    5. The 99% success rate is a ridiculous claim. If that is true, why hasn't she shown us the success stories, instead of all the clueless rich guys who fail to impress their potential lady loves?

+ Reply to Thread