+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 127 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

The bachelors are specifically recruited for the show by Dorin Ofir Casting in Hollywood. They are not real clients of Patty's real matchmaking business. In some cases, the bachelors have initiated the contact for business reasons that have nothing to do with finding love (Lonnie, a partner in the Dolce Group, a bar/restaurant chain -- noteworthy due to an ongoing rape investigation at the time).

Many of Patty's comments are scripted/suggested to her by the producers. The "blacklis" comment, specifically, is one of those. In last week's episode, Cara's "date" with the the promoter from Chicago relied on her ability as an actress. She was cast specifically to play the role of ditzy LA blonde. She is anything but that -- and has been to the Getty museum on more than one occasion. Saying that she had not been there helped define her character.

(I have a niece who works of the show)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3402702;
    The bachelors are specifically recruited for the show by Dorin Ofir Casting in Hollywood. They are not real clients of Patty's real matchmaking business.
    This is disappointing to me. I thought I was watching actual matchmaking, albeit an edited version. You're saying the millionaires are all actors, either professional or laymen totally coached to portray a character? What about the Paul-Cidney episode from last year (my favorite)? Was that all staged, including Paul's return to Patti's office this year, when she yelled at him and kicked him out for not follwing through with an engagement? Was the botoxed millionairess matchmaking and her fight with Patti all staged? If so, I guess I'm really naive. I'm not a big reality show watcher. Sorry I wasted my time watching something that is so completely phony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3402784;
    This is disappointing to me. I thought I was watching actual matchmaking, albeit an edited version. You're saying the millionaires are all actors, either professional or laymen totally coached to portray a character? What about the Paul-Cidney episode from last year (my favorite)? Was that all staged, including Paul's return to Patti's office this year, when she yelled at him and kicked him out for not follwing through with an engagement? Was the botoxed millionairess matchmaking and her fight with Patti all staged? If so, I guess I'm really naive. I'm not a big reality show watcher. Sorry I wasted my time watching something that is so completely phony.
    No, I did not say they were actors. They are real people who want to be on the show for a variety of reasons having little or nothing to do with finding someone... I'm told the situations are representative of real ones that happen withing Patty's real business. The producers work with the personalities of the millionaires. Is there any reality? Sure. Is there enough to make it believable? No, not in my opinion.

FORT Fan

Last season we saw the "easy" girl from that Hotel 2nd class reality show

this time airhead Cara from silly Mama's Boys...

and it looks like that silly Josie from Farmer wants a Wife is on next

this has to be the most fake and scripted reality show ever

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;3402883;
    Last season we saw the "easy" girl from that Hotel 2nd class reality show

this time airhead Cara from silly Mama's Boys...

and it looks like that silly Josie from Farmer wants a Wife is on next

this has to be the most fake and scripted reality show ever
    And in addition to that, in two seasons of Millionaire Matchmaker, Patti has rarely (if ever) had any successful matches!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gosh! The millionaire basketball play is really robotic. He probably drinks motor oil for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. His monotone is maddening! The blonde girl he chose is as close to being a clown/kiss-arse as one can possibly get. She is really pandering to him.

I'm sure she HAS to be eyeballing his money and the lifestyle with which that he could surround her. He really disgusted me with continuously talking about her cleaning his apartment, but I can't imagine somebody with his money not having a maid service. That would be stupid. I can't believe that she would not be insulted with his suggestions...but that's just me.

And the rigidity of the blonde guy...warning bells should be going off. Sounds like it's HIS way or the HIGHWAY. That could be trouble.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-05-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3403203;
    And in addition to that, in two seasons of Millionaire Matchmaker, Patti has rarely (if ever) had any successful matches!
    That's what I don't understand! In the opening spiel, she says she has a 99% success rate. Why do we almost never see any suggestion of that? Have they ever shown or talked about an actual marriage as the result of her work? I remember there was one nerdy guy she fixed up with a big Barbie doll-looking blonde (I think her name was Lola) a couple of seasons ago, who supposedly got engaged, but that's the only one I can think of. I still don't understand why they are showing phony matches instead of real client situations.I understand that not every client wants to be featured on national TV, but surely there must be a few who would agree, and the producers (and Patti herself) should push for the show to be more realistic. Another thing that annoys me is that Patti frequently uses incorrect grammar and pronunciation. If the show is scripted, and even if not, can't they correct her and reshoot those parts? We used to criticize Jason the Bachelor for that, and Patti is much worse. Her clothes are usually too tight and unbecoming; the Goth guy in her office might be very competent but looks unprofessional, as does Rachel with the blue bangs and Chelsea whose chest always seems to be hanging out. I know being a millionaire doesn't necessarily equate to being classy, but this office menagerie of Patti's is not impressive in terms of class or professional appearance. JMO And yes, I know it's LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3403341;
    That's what I don't understand! In the opening spiel, she says she has a 99% success rate. Why do we almost never see any suggestion of that? Have they ever shown or talked about an actual marriage as the result of her work? I remember there was one nerdy guy she fixed up with a big Barbie doll-looking blonde (I think her name was Lola) a couple of seasons ago, who supposedly got engaged, but that's the only one I can think of. I still don't understand why they are showing phony matches instead of real client situations.I understand that not every client wants to be featured on national TV, but surely there must be a few who would agree, and the producers (and Patti herself) should push for the show to be more realistic. Another thing that annoys me is that Patti frequently uses incorrect grammar and pronunciation. If the show is scripted, and even if not, can't they correct her and reshoot those parts? We used to criticize Jason the Bachelor for that, and Patti is much worse. Her clothes are usually too tight and unbecoming; the Goth guy in her office might be very competent but looks unprofessional, as does Rachel with the blue bangs and Chelsea whose chest always seems to be hanging out. I know being a millionaire doesn't necessarily equate to being classy, but this office menagerie of Patti's is not impressive in terms of class or professional appearance. JMO And yes, I know it's LA.
    I think they show phony matches, because it's all a sham. I just can't imagine this woman and her office staff in business anywhere. And, why does Patti always knock these men and women forthe way they look. She doesn't exactly look like a fashion plate. And that hairdo is totally unflattering.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3403337;
    And the rigidity of the blonde guy...warning bells should be going off. Sounds like it's HIS way or the HIGHWAY. That could be trouble.
    ITA. Most of the millionaires on the show would set off my warning bells. They want everything their way and are very controlling, superficial, and inflexible. That's why it made me laugh for Patti to accuse the female millionaire ... I think her name was Shauna ... of being superficial when all the men are. That's why they almost always want a woman much younger than they are. For the most part, these girls have to be major golddiggers to put up with the demands and requirements of the men. They'll sell their self-respect (assuming they have any) for a chance to snag a wealthy husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3403458;
    ITA. Most of the millionaires on the show would set off my warning bells. They want everything their way and are very controlling, superficial, and inflexible. That's why it made me laugh for Patti to accuse the female millionaire ... I think her name was Shauna ... of being superficial when all the men are. That's why they almost always want a woman much younger than they are. For the most part, these girls have to be major golddiggers to put up with the demands and requirements of the men. They'll sell their self-respect (assuming they have any) for a chance to snag a wealthy husband.
    the men are after young girls IMO they can TRAIN and MANIPULATE...he figures he gets them young enough he can make her into what HE WANTS..where as most older women are secure in who they are and most won't hesitate to tell him to bite their A$$ when he tries to mold them and stuff..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread