+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 127 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

What is the fee??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LapisLazuli;3351563;
    WOW. I usually love Patti but I was completely offended by her behavior tonight. I am half Jewish and still found her comments and behavior to be over the top and offensive.

I understand why many of her clients may be of a particular religious persuasion, but her comments towards the non-Jewish girls was WAY outta line, IMO.

This epi saddened me....

The line between what we are allowed to joke about and what is offensive is a fine one - and probably different for all of us.

As a non-Jew, I wasn't offended at all.

Regarding taking Patti and her agency seriously....I liken her work to that of the Hollywood stylist Rachel Zoe. People with lots of disposable income are too busy to find certain things on their own so they hire help. And, they hire whoever's taste best matches their own and is affordable.

Patti and Rachel are nothing more than human versions of stores. Stores serve to consolidate the things we want/need which makes it easier for us to them. There are lots of competing stores so we go to the ones that provide products that best fit our tastes and pockebooks. While I may be able to track down and purchase my favortie shampoo from the manufacturer or distributor, it's much easier for me simply to buy it at my local store. And, while both Target and Walmart both match my pocketbook, I prefer buying my shampoo at Target because I like the character of the store.

Patti and Rachel are Targets for the rich. One sells potential relatioships, the other sells fashion.

I see no harm in either, by the way. Another way to look at it, is that Patti is a real-life of Match.com. If I had the cash and felt Patti could do something for me, I'd go to her. It does seem as if she's in it for the long-haul with her clients, i.e. she'll keep working until something works out.

Regarding fees....I may be way off here, but I thought I heard on a previous episode that fees are $25,000.

Finally, just a note on the recent episode where the guy is looking for a 20+ girl. How old was the date in the red dress? I missed that.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-06-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Jexter, the lady in the red dress's age is something I missed. I'll watch a rerun and report back. She looked about 25-30 - but I'm a lousy judge of people's ages. She was the one who has been dating one of the bachelors I mentioned earlier, alhough I can't remember his name.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fogey

Thanks roses4me. I'm hoping the guy overcame his ageism with the girl in red, but she may be in her 20's afterall.

I could be wrong, but I thought that Patti stated that all the women interviewed were in their 30's.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Yep, she picked all the girls in their 30's. I was laughing at the musician who, after his date with the Asian gal, said she was a ballet-dancing, bandage wearing Mother Theresa.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3338372;
    I thought they were perfect together. I'd like to see one of the matchmaker's matches actually work.
    At the opening of each show, Patti's voice-over says she has a 99% success rate. I've wondered what she defines as "success" ... Marriages? More than one date? Dating for a certain period of time that she determines as a success? I'd really like to know what she means by that, as it seems at least half or more of the "matches" shown do not seem to work out. If she has a 99% success rate, why not show more of those?

An old show was on this morning, and Patti stated she charges between $10,000 to $150,000 per year for her services.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw that! Didn't she say that the $10,000 was a 6-month fee? I wonder if she charges the women less than the men?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Geez -- I LOVE Patti. She's hilarious. She's spot on regarding men and what they like/don't like -- and how ridiculous they are. I never care for the characters on the show -- just could watch her all day. She's so "New Yawk." One thing -- hard to believe there's that "mohawk" guy and his goth girlfriend work there (because she's so into "appearances") - particularly in that high-end environment in Westwood, yet. Doesn't bother me, personally, just find it odd. Actually, they look like receptionists for L.A. Ink with Kat Von D up there in Hollywood.

+ Reply to Thread