+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 127 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3338825;
    If they're living together, the matchmaker will not be happy. She lectures every woman to get the diamond ring, wedding, etc, before moving in together.
    The last I read on another list is that they did get engaged, but have not set a date. They were thinking several years down the road.

I don't believe Patty should have a say in when the timing is right for couples to move in together or get married. That guy that used Sydney last year was a different situation. He just didn't want to wait to have sex, so he used "getting engaged" as a way around her rule. While I believe Patty handled the situation horribly this season when he came back to the office, it was too obvious the crap he pulled on Sydney (or is it Cindy?).

FORT Newbie

I think it's Sydney- so you're right. That dude was a wolf in sheeps clothing and I guess Patty saw an opportunity to rip him a new one and set some ratings.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3338756;
    Actually Patrick & Lola are living together. So this is one (that we know of) that definitely worked. I doubt she would still be in business if she didn't have some success. I'm sure we only see a tiny fraction of her clients.
    I think I remember them. The girls was an older hairdresser with bleach blonde hair and huge collagen lips, right? They were cute together.

On the same episode, the young restaurant owner was thoroughly disgusting. Talk about Peter Pan syndrome. bleh.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-23-2009 at 02:08 PM.

FORT Newbie

WOW. I usually love Patti but I was completely offended by her behavior tonight. I am half Jewish and still found her comments and behavior to be over the top and offensive.

I understand why many of her clients may be of a particular religious persuasion, but her comments towards the non-Jewish girls was WAY outta line, IMO.

This epi saddened me....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LapisLazuli;3351563;
    WOW. I usually love Patti but I was completely offended by her behavior tonight. I am half Jewish and still found her comments and behavior to be over the top and offensive.

I understand why many of her clients may be of a particular religious persuasion, but her comments towards the non-Jewish girls was WAY outta line, IMO.

This epi saddened me....
    Oh goodness! I didn't notice that she was mean to the women for being non-Jewish.
    I thought the guy with the goatee was so horrible. I understand why he is single. How can you be upset with a woman for not flying home with you, insist that she has to be the one to call you because she offended you, and then hang up on her when she does call you.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Goatee-guy just tried waaaay tooooo hard. I could see why any woman would be uncomfortable with him. Everything comes with a price, and the price on what he likes to do for women is way steep, I guarantee you. He just doesn't get it, and probably never will. Prostitutes are bought; he needs to get it through his head that that is what he needs.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Watched this for the first time. Total train wreck. What I can't understand is why anybody would take Patty and her agency seriously. If I stepped in there and saw the guy with that crazy hair in a business that charges a ton of money, I'd run for the hills.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3357694;
    Watched this for the first time. Total train wreck. What I can't understand is why anybody would take Patty and her agency seriously. If I stepped in there and saw the guy with that crazy hair in a business that charges a ton of money, I'd run for the hills.
    But remember, that's LA. First impressions are different there than in Middle America (& even Eastern Seaboard). I doubt there's anything in LA that anyone would consider "odd" - or very little.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3358974;
    But remember, that's LA. First impressions are different there than in Middle America (& even Eastern Seaboard). I doubt there's anything in LA that anyone would consider "odd" - or very little.
    I've lived here most of my life and I still would not go to that agency.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Last night's episode featured 2 returning bachelors who drive the matchmaker nuts. However, she was able to get one of them to settle down (more or less) with a young mother who wanted more kids. She looked like the model who won on ANTM, Nicole. The other guy was basing his decisions on looks alone. Naturally, he failed miserably. It was a good episode as it shows that the matchmaker really doesn't give up easily, if at all.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread