+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Newbie

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by chadibuins;2809808;
    I think they both were legit--if a bit exageratted, but I don't know if it is just me or not, but I think Tai is much moe into German than anyone else, and German seems just more naieve or blissfully ignorant of that fact.
    here here!

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=science_geek;2823229;]
    Quote Originally Posted by electrichub;2819188;
    I'm in agreement there was something not quite in sync with what the show was leading us to believe. Firstly German having a degree in Neuro Biology and doesn't have a career as such .... strange all that money in school and not following a particular field ... odd. Also into property and not science after spending all that money on education... well......

I can't comment on the 'reality' of this show or these two guys (and yes they did seem more into each other than the girls! ), but I guess I can about education and not working in their field. I also got my Ph.D. (not neurobiology, but genetics) and you just find that the career path afterwards isn't great. You get paid pitiful money for a postdoctoral job and then these days finding a good job as a professor is tough, and pharmaceutical/big biotech jobs depend on the market, as anything else. Many scientists choose alternative career paths such as consulting, sales, marketing, etc., because they just pay more money and seem more promising, and many employers choose these type of employees because of their critical thinking skills.

And if UNC's scientific Ph.D. programs are like most (and I imagine they are), you don't pay for graduate school at all. Because you have to spend all your time working in the lab as part of your education, your mentor's grant pays for your tuition and a stipend on top of that, so you actually make money. Granted it's not *good* money, but you're not paying to go to school like you would if you were in med school or some other graduate programs.

For what it's worth

That makes sense.... maybe your right.... perhaps we are all to skeptical.... there is still something not quite right about the sync of their relationship. Not that there is anything wrong with their interaction, it's just that somehow it didn't feel as though they were truly looking for that someone else!

I missed the very end of last nights show where they do the updates. Did that couple really end up getting married?
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2824412;
    I missed the very end of last nights show where they do the updates. Did that couple really end up getting married?
    The end said they were living together in Vegas and planning their wedding. He's also still looking for the perfect ring for her. AAWWWW!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2824418;
    The end said they were living together in Vegas and planning their wedding. He's also still looking for the perfect ring for her. AAWWWW!
    Thanks. He was pretty hot but how hard is it to find a ring?
    CYA

do you really think they are going to get married? I hope they do a recap on them. I think he did pick the right girl for him between the two girls he had to pick from.

I would love to see a recap of this show to see if this couple got married. Hey, maybe they could do a reality show on them planning their wedding and getting married. They can call it Millionaire Marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2824434;
    Thanks. He was pretty hot but how hard is it to find a ring?
    Ok, I was only half watching the show last night and only got a glimpse of this guy.....I saw it today and what was up with his eyebrows? He looked like Dracula
    CYA

I loved them together... I cant believe he proposed thought... I really hope they get married!

ANTM is LOVE

I could believe he proposed. My husband proposed on the first date, too. We got married 3 months later so it was believable to me. They were cute together.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

+ Reply to Thread