+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2676116117118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1267
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

I also thought the guy from Cleveland, Jack, was not 57 years old. He looked more like 67years old. The idea that a not very attractive 67 (or so) year old guy thought it was appropriate or could possibly lead to a relationship for him to date someone like Marissa, or to be hones,t even Fiona, was pretty delusional. His insistence that he liked her because she was from Cleveland was laughable. It seem more like he wanted to meet beautiful young women for dating or maybe even having sex with than that he had any desire for a long-term relationship. Maybe if he was very sweet and kind and seemed likely to take great care of a woman, someone attractive would fall for him-- but that was hardly the case.

I'm not clear on why Patty hired a new staff-- but despite the entree to television, she seems to have trouble holding into staff. Her first assistant didn't stay with her either. I always found the couple who helped her in recent years to be odd-looking in a rather disconcerting way-- the self-presentation seemed highly idiosyncratic, and not very professional looking. But maybe they were very capable and did a great job-- it's just I wonder what new clients thought when they came around soliciting potential dates for the millionaires.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally agree with everything you said about Jack. I do not believe, for a minute, that he was only 57. He had no class, whatsoever. He's only good for one thing, that I can tell.

I got the impression he was raised by jackals. He needs to stick to ala carte female services, if you catch my drift.
    canuck and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I, too, thought Jack looked more like 67 than 57 ... or as Patty kept saying, 56. No way that man was in his 50s. But in that regard she was pretty ridiculous calling him grandpa and referring to his AARP card, because Patty herself is only a few years younger than he supposedly is, and she has an AARP card, too, whether she likes it or not. I felt sorry for Fiona being stuck with him on that boat after he turned on her in such a nasty way. That's the time you want to shoot back a zinger, turn on your heel and walk (or run) away. And how creepy was it for him to invite her into the hot tub, and then just stand there and ogle "the goods" while he stays fully dressed with no intention of joining in. Ugh, he was horrible! Fixing him up with any woman was like throwing a piece of meat to a hungry jackal.
    holly71, prhoshay and dreamonia like this.

I'm officially over this show. So is my hubs. It's always been pretty scripted, but at least it used to be somewhat entertaining. Now it's not even entertaining anymore.
    Done.
    Punkin and norealityhere like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Looks like a couple of decent matches came from Patty's Valentine's Day party. What's with her working her boyfriend into so many episodes ... unnecessarily, I might add? Does she feel she has to show the world that she has a guy and they're still together?

It seems like Patty is really scraping to get real millionaires now. The contestants, say things like they are worth just over a million or enough to be on this show.....really? They don't sound too convincing. She doesn't show their houses or swanky life style either. It makes me wonder if they are really millionaires after all. Plus, she's fudged with having people on like the relative from RHWONJ (although, I did like her,) and the singer from The Voice. (I liked her too. She's from my home state.) But, they are not millionaires. I wonder what's going on.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Property in CA is so expensive that having a net worth of just over a million dollars doesn't really buy an especially impressive luxury home.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

When ever they use net worth to describe an individual I'm always a little skeptical. If I put my assets into a net worth situation even I look impressive because I have few liabilities. Net worth and high income are two completely different things and not necessarily equal as that net worth can all be tied up in assets. Own a couple properties outright for a example in a place where property values are high and one can have a $1million net worth.
    holly71 likes this.

Plus, I wonder if these millionaires can just say they are one and it's taken at face value. I mean, would they really require documentation? Plus, if they are willing to pay the fee, I guess they aren't too picky. I would think that she would want to put only the best millionaires on the show though.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    When ever they use net worth to describe an individual I'm always a little skeptical. If I put my assets into a net worth situation even I look impressive because I have few liabilities. Net worth and high income are two completely different things and not necessarily equal as that net worth can all be tied up in assets. Own a couple properties outright for a example in a place where property values are high and one can have a $1million net worth.
    Exactly! I said something similar upthread. Hubby & I have a net worth of over $1M, & I can assure you, we are not millionaires!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread