+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2272112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1266
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

  1. #1211
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Wouldn't using your own dating service be, kind of, a conflict of interest.....and don't ask me how, but it just seems that it would. It's kind of like a drug dealer who does his own drugs. Just seems inappropriate to me; that whole, "you don't crap where you eat" thing. I never believed in blurring the work lines by getting involved with somebody with whom you work; just not a good idea.
    I suspect that there are drug dealers who definately use their own products.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-30-2013 at 08:29 PM.

  2. #1212
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,098

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am more interested in her new boyfriend being exposed as a marketing ploy. It has to come out. Wonder how much she got from Plenty of Fish to drop their name? It really is hysterical to think she would go on a free dating site when she has access though her own business!
    What makes you think this is a marketing ploy? It would make sense, because it is the biggest free site out there but the owner of POF hasn't said a word. Not on his site or on his blog. OK, there is ONE link to Patti's interview with Wendy Williams. That guy is making tons of money and is kind of an ego maniac so you'd think that he would be shouting it from the rooftops. I can't imagine he even knew who Patti was until she made her announcement. What does make sense is the fact that the posts up thread indicate that the guy is kinda shady and maybe not what he appears; THAT convinces me that she met him on POF. LOL
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

  3. #1213
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    What makes you think this is a marketing ploy? It would make sense, because it is the biggest free site out there but the owner of POF hasn't said a word. Not on his site or on his blog. OK, there is ONE link to Patti's interview with Wendy Williams. That guy is making tons of money and is kind of an ego maniac so you'd think that he would be shouting it from the rooftops. I can't imagine he even knew who Patti was until she made her announcement. What does make sense is the fact that the posts up thread indicate that the guy is kinda shady and maybe not what he appears; THAT convinces me that she met him on POF. LOL
    I meant having a boyfriend being a marketing ploy for her show and business. Many think it is better if their matchmaker has a partner, I would think.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 05-01-2013 at 08:18 AM.

  4. #1214
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,098

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I meant having a boyfriend being a marketing ploy for her show and business. Many think it is better if their matchmaker has a partner, I would think.
    Oh OK, gotcha. I agree with you, it gives the matchmaker more credibility to be in a successful relationship. That she is in her late 40's and hasn't even been married is a ding to her credibility. Hey, she's a success on TV with a nice chunk of change, so good for her!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

  5. #1215
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,660

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    She's 51.

  6. #1216
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,346

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Do as I say, not as I do?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  7. #1217
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,892

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    holy cow! Patti is 51??!!
    and never been married.........but makes a living at matchmaking????
    not someone I would go to.

  8. #1218
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,098

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    She's 51.
    Ok, I stand corrected. That's even worse!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

  9. #1219
    FORT Fanatic CharmOffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    452

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    I think Patti is getting played by her boyfriend. (Ironically ignoring her own rules = epic fail.)

    I don't think Patti is single because of a failure to use a match-making agency. It's not her looks, either. She's rich and successful. The issue is character. She's a crazy-a$$ psycho b1tch according to her own show. Any man would see this instantly. She's a loose canon. Men her age don't wait years to settle down with an angry woman. Lol@ her numerology session and psychotherapy counseling. She needs to grow up and stop her child-like tantrums.

    There's a big sign on her which says: "High Maintenance." Think about how much time would be wasted in a relationship with Stanger listening to her rants and tirades, and picking up the pieces afterwards, trying to calm her down or getting over her BS.

    Her name should be Stinger.

    P.S. She was in a long-term relationship previously for about five years (?) That was supposed to end in marriage, too.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

  10. #1220
    FORT Fanatic lilymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    594

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive View Post
    I think Patti is getting played by her boyfriend. (Ironically ignoring her own rules = epic fail.)

    I don't think Patti is single because of a failure to use a match-making agency. It's not her looks, either. She's rich and successful. The issue is character. She's a crazy-a$$ psycho b1tch according to her own show. Any man would see this instantly. She's a loose canon. Men her age don't wait years to settle down with an angry woman. Lol@ her numerology session and psychotherapy counseling. She needs to grow up and stop her child-like tantrums.

    There's a big sign on her which says: "High Maintenance." Think about how much time would be wasted in a relationship with Stanger listening to her rants and tirades, and picking up the pieces afterwards, trying to calm her down or getting over her BS.

    Her name should be Stinger.

    P.S. She was in a long-term relationship previously for about five years (?) That was supposed to end in marriage, too.
    I agree with you, she isn't married because she's totally nuts.

    Does anybody remember how she hooked up with two guys her employees set her up with on an episode? Well, she mentioned that in a relationship with a guy, she's totally different, shy and so on.... in that episode, I detected a huge amount of BS. She DID act differently on those dates, and it totally was not believable to me. I don't know about you guys, but I didn't buy it for one minute. She was acting all sweet and shy! Nothing like her usual bs and bluster on the "job".

    I figure if she's like that when she first meets a guy, she's faking, and he's in for a really nasty surprise when he gets to know her better. And if she only acted that way for the show and usually is herself, they know she's nuts right off the bat. Either way, she's not going to get a man with all that crazy.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.