+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Fogey

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Apparently, Patti really has a business, although, I couldn't locate it. Here's an article about how it's not as Patti makes it appear on her show though.

Is 'Millionaire Matchmaker' Patti Stanger's Dating Service A Sham?
    I think I tried to find it online when the show first came on the air, just to see what it was really all about, and couldn't find it. I wonder where Bravo came up with Patti in the first place. I would think they could have found any number of real matchmakers with interesting businesses and clients to do a show about. I would also think in this day and age of being able to find out about anything and anyone online, they would know that viewers would find out the truth about her business not being how they portray it ... but then again, I guess they just don't care! They also don't care that openly announcing that Patti met her "fiance" on a free dating site instead of going through a supposedly high-class matchmaking service makes what she does for exorbitant fees look like highway robbery.
    holly71 and Shoepie like this.

Really comments like that is why I don't even go to the beach anymore and pretty much want to wear head to toe, no skin showing clothes all the time. A very small percent of the population has a stereotypical perfect body. Even smaller at age 50 something. It's a rare day to find a female that hasn't got some cellulite somewhere on their body. And for someone who has had dramatic weight loss like she has had not having loose skin like that. I know many people who have lost a lot of weight but are horrible embarrassed to be unclothed anywhere (worse than when they had the weight) because of the loose skin that went with it.

Good for her for having the self esteem to go out knowing, I'm sure, that she doesn't look like a 18 year old hard body. Good for her for enjoying the sun and the beach without a care in the world from the looks of it.

And shame on people who seem to think that beach and the people on it should look a certain or apparently swim fully clothed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like that some people don't let other people dictate to them what they should and shouldn't do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I grew up in Miami Beach (at least during my teenaged years), and you should see what some of the people on the beach look like! Old (and I mean OLD) women in bikinis and old men in speedos with fat rolls, huge bellies, and saggy skin hanging down all around. They don't care. Patti looks great for 51 and also in comparison to many of the people on the beach there.

I think because Patti is so critical of people making poor appearance choices (in her opinion), people might be critical at her now! Also, I think, correct me if I'm wrong, when she hosts bikini mixers, she's usually in a hat and sarong.

I personally say go for it. Do what you want!
    Shoepie likes this.

Mitch and Bambi were a joy to watch. Mitch cooking the girl dinner on their first date. How many of the stuck-up filthy posers/losers on this show would even think of doing that, let alone actually do it? The attorney who had been on 500 dates and didn't buy his date jewelry?

Patti is a disaster. I don't like to criticize women for their looks, but I thought it was interesting when the millionairess who owns salons let rip and outed her lip-o-suction. Patti was absolutely vile to Shauna Raisch, poisonous, spitting venom.

Patti had no pithy comeback to the 'shocking' revelation that came after she initiated the cat fight. I was shocked the incident made it past editing.

If her new date's background is indeed as alleged, maybe Karma is going to get her. As vicious as she can be, and presumably the guy has watched her in action, the only way to overlook it is because he himself has the same type of anger issues. Or else he's just playing her for himself.

Speaking of background checks, my current beef with Stanger isn't that she doesn't do them for her own dates; it's that she doesn't do them for the millionaires who are her clients. If a single man or woman spends $25,000 or more to be in her club, the least she could do is run a background check on them. Preferably by a professional private investigator. Or how about look up their history online?

For example, she recently passed off one girl as "wholesome." How did she know that? Because the girl said she used to be Amish. The only background 'test' is the short Q&A at the casting call, FFS!

She spends more time mouthing off about girl's hair and clothes than validating their personal claims.

In under five minutes online, you can see the ex-Amish girl isn't exactly the definition of "wholesome." She was previously on Baggage with Jerry Springer, the dating show modeled after the original dating show from decades ago. (One person has to choose from three potential dates.)

What's her baggage?

1) She wears 1 lb of hair extensions every day.

2) She spends $400/wk on Botox and chemical peels.

3) She left her Amish life to star in a celebrity sex tape.

Just what every celebrity millionaire is looking for in a wholesome gal, right?

P.S. I believe if Stanger was legitimate enough to do BCs for her clients, she'd instinctively do them for her own dates.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

I guess it appeared that I was making fun of Patti because she didn't have the perfect Hollywood body in a swimsuit.
    I could care less what she looks like and what she wears.
    BUT:
    Patti is so incredibly mean, rude and obnoxious in her judgement of other people on her show and it seems to be ok and acceptable.
    I don't agree. If you're going to be so harsh in your judgement of others looks, then you better be darn near perfect.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive View Post
    Speaking of background checks, my current beef with Stanger isn't that she doesn't do them for her own dates; it's that she doesn't do them for the millionaires who are her clients. If a single man or woman spends $25,000 or more to be in her club, the least she could do is run a background check on them. Preferably by a professional private investigator. Or how about look up their history online?
    YES! I agree with you. A couple of years ago I did go to check out Patti's matchmaking business and looked around. I did find it odd that even though she charges an arm and a leg for her "services" that she really doesn't do much in the way of actually providing a service. What she had was a portfolio of photos/bios that clients could choose from. For the price she charges I would expect background checks, extensive interviews/psychological screening/STD tests. There was a disclaimer on the site specifically stating that no background checks were done. Heck the Bachelor does all of those for the contestants so it can't be that expensive to do. At the time I checked out that website I thought that it seemed like a database of attractive people and that you had to pay all that money just to get the contact details of the person(s) you were interested in, not an actual matchmaking enterprise.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Anyone have the link to her official business site? I have not been able to find it. Tx

+ Reply to Thread