+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 127 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by electrichub;2819188;
    I'm in agreement there was something not quite in sync with what the show was leading us to believe. Firstly German having a degree in Neuro Biology and doesn't have a career as such .... strange all that money in school and not following a particular field ... odd. Also into property and not science after spending all that money on education... well......

Secondly living in Sunset Heights just North of West Hollywood questionable.

Thirdly on observing the show when comments were made about their dates they were always looking at one another, there was also the remarks made by Tai when on the boat regarding astrological signs " that's why I married German".

Fourthly in the restaurant 'Honey' they mentioned touching one another and wanted to sit next together instead of having the girls together or male female male female.

There is definitely money with this Duo as they turned up at Hugo Boss in Beverly Hills in a Maserati not a cheap car.

I think the show is a bit of a scam as someone that works for me said they were holding auditions at the Kodak Center for eligible females......
    In my opinion you called it as it is
    All you say, I agree with and did hear about the auditions from a friend. As for showing up in the Maserati . . . . possibly rented? And the clothing places . . . . possibly comped for the show or they have credit cards.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wagegoth;2779128;
    I'm a natural redhead and I don't look good as a brunette or a blonde, and I've found I tend to have to beat the guys off. I think Patty's just envious.
    Yeah me too - I'm a natural redhead and I get lots of attention from guys. Everyone compliments my red hair. Suggesting that you should dye it brown so you can 'blend in', I guess, is lame. I'd never dye away my natural color. It's unique and memorable in a sea of blondes and brunettes. I think every girl should just go with what works for her individually.

I'm not sure WHAT color would look good on Patty.. unfortunately that girl is just not attractive. Period. She's the one in need of a serious makeover. Not us red heads.

Add me and my two daughters and now my granddaughter to the list of natural reds. I wasn't too happy about it as a kid growing up, as I was the ONLY redhead. But the day my older daughter was born, I was totally thrilled that she had red hair. When my younger daughter was born we knew she would be a girl, but were totally surprised she too had red hair. When my granddaughter was born, my son called from the hospital to tell us of her arrival and when he said, "Ma, guess what? She is a redhead!" I laughed and cried simultaneously. I still get quite the kick out of all of us being out in public together, say a restaurant, and having people look and comment on the red.

Guys were always attracted to my red hair. My daughters beaus have also said that they have loved the red hair too.

So I don't know what the heck Patti was thinking!

FORT Newbie

Patty just appeared on Chelsea on E! and clarified her comment about redheads. To paraphrase her, redheads can be beautiful but men still don't like them . Whatever. I'm sure Kate Walsh, Julia Roberts, Isla Fisher, etc. have no problem finding men. Patty probably heard a few men/clients say that they don't like redheads (and as everyone has their own tastes, I'm sure that titian-haired women do have their detractors) but this poor-man's-Cher should really stop generalizing. If men so disliked red-heads, this recessive gene would have gone the way of the dodo bird centuries ago.

Based on my own observations, men really have a thing for blonde hair. Especially in Socal. This trumps curly vs. straight and short vs. long anyday. So why hasn't Madame Patty made all of "girls" bleach their hair blond? She even pulled the blondes aside in private to meet D-bag Lonnie, so that the brunettes wouldn't get their feelings hurt. I think that hair color is Patty's issue. And let's face it, Patty has a lot of issues.

Patty needs to drop about 20 lbs., get a haircut, and hire a stylist.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy;2819890;
    Patty needs to drop about 20 lbs., get a haircut, and hire a stylist.
    I have been singing this song from the moment I saw her! She wears a wig. If her hair is too thin and she feels the need to wear a wig, she should choose another style. She is not a bad looking woman if you examine her face carefully. She should have left her lips alone though.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2792786 View Post
    That line about feeding 20,000 made such an impression on the twenty something that her response was, "I'm trying to cut down on carbs." I spit out my water at that one.
    Anyway, he shouldn't be bragging about his good deeds to anyone which proves he is so full of himself and not so spiritual. My husband commented that he should date himself which was based on the best friends who actually were dating themselves.
    My opinion: they were all really good actors.
    Christine Cearfoss (the redhead) was phony/manipulative and the millionaire was smart enough to sense it. She seemed nervous, as though she were hiding something. Isn't Christine a bit old to be on this show? Not attractive either.

FORT Newbie

Millionaire Matchmaker: Christine (the redhead) was totally phony and manipulative and the millionaire was smart enough to sense it. She (Christine) was obviously nervous, as though she were hiding something. Isn't Christine a bit old to be on this show? Not attractive either. It's hilarious to watch desperate and damaged women trying to meet "Mr. Right."

Cuz I got it like that d.u.m.b.o.'s Avatar

i cannot stand this show

the whole thing screams 'Russian mail-in bride' plus 'Gold digger'

I don't like the concept, nor the many many many trashy girls and weird deuschy loser rich guys. and to top it off, Patty is so so irritating.

Bravo needs to stop putting so much emphasis on this show

[QUOTE=electrichub;2819188;]I'm in agreement there was something not quite in sync with what the show was leading us to believe. Firstly German having a degree in Neuro Biology and doesn't have a career as such .... strange all that money in school and not following a particular field ... odd. Also into property and not science after spending all that money on education... well......

I can't comment on the 'reality' of this show or these two guys (and yes they did seem more into each other than the girls! ), but I guess I can about education and not working in their field. I also got my Ph.D. (not neurobiology, but genetics) and you just find that the career path afterwards isn't great. You get paid pitiful money for a postdoctoral job and then these days finding a good job as a professor is tough, and pharmaceutical/big biotech jobs depend on the market, as anything else. Many scientists choose alternative career paths such as consulting, sales, marketing, etc., because they just pay more money and seem more promising, and many employers choose these type of employees because of their critical thinking skills.

And if UNC's scientific Ph.D. programs are like most (and I imagine they are), you don't pay for graduate school at all. Because you have to spend all your time working in the lab as part of your education, your mentor's grant pays for your tuition and a stipend on top of that, so you actually make money. Granted it's not *good* money, but you're not paying to go to school like you would if you were in med school or some other graduate programs.

For what it's worth

+ Reply to Thread