+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I agree with you. U personally have never understood why someone would automatically assume Patti's love life would be perfect just because she's a matchmaker. Can a doctor prevent himself from ever getting sick? A lawyer from ever having legal troubles? If course not and its the same thing in Patti's case. She's human like the rest of us out in search of that perfect happy ending. Personally I find it endearing that a woman like Patti, who has the perfect life as far as materialistic things go, is still searching for that one enchanted love like so many out there. It also proves that turning fifty doesn't mean you give up on love and just shrivel up and die, but instead keep optimistic that Mr or Mrs Right is out there somewhere.

I say you GO Patti! Keep on keeping it real for us forty / fiftysomething gals!
    bee stung lips likes this.

I guess I just disagree. I don't think anyone should assume that Patti can't do her job, based on her "love life."
    But she presents herself as knowing how to find someone to "marry" and yet, she hasn't been able to achieve that. I wouldn't have an issue if she was married and had martial problems, which happens all the time. But she claims Her Way is the Right Way to find a mate so it should have worked for her. I also don't know if her track record of matching people is good or bad. I'd like to see those stats.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I don't judge her for not being married, but I do find it ironic that she turned to a run-of-the-mill online dating site with less than a stellar reputation to meet someone instead of using someone in her own field of (supposedly) quality matchmaking.
    holly71 and Shoepie like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Today on Kelly and Michael's show, Michael Strahan was talking about finding love on reality shows and he pointed out a friend of his in the audience who had found love on one such show. It turned out to be none other than Mitch, the football pro from the Minnesota Vikings who was retired and living in Canada. They introduced him and his fiancée Bambi and spoke with them for a few minutes. They got engaged in December, she moved to Vancouver and will be married in July. Mitch joked that Michael had still not responded to their wedding invite.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Today on Kelly and Michael's show, Michael Strahan was talking about finding love on reality shows and he pointed out a friend of his in the audience who had found love on one such show. It turned out to be none other than Mitch, the football pro from the Minnesota Vikings who was retired and living in Canada. They introduced him and his fiancée Bambi and spoke with them for a few minutes. They got engaged in December, she moved to Vancouver and will be married in July. Mitch joked that Michael had still not responded to their wedding invite.
    Aww really? Mitch was my favourite millionaire ever on this show... So sexy so classy. Congrats to them! Bambi's a lucky gal that's for sure!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Whoops! Sounds like "somebody" got called out!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You know who needs Patti's help? LaToya Jackson. She was on Wendy Williams recently and said she had NEVER been in love!!!!! The audience sighed with sadness. I can hardly imagine. She was abused in her marriage and has never been in love with a man. She says she's hopeful she will find it though. Poor thing. I'm really speechless.

FORT Fogey

I am with everyone who thinks Patti meeting her boyfriend on Plenty of Fish is the biggest fly in this ointment. We have seen several millionaires she has chosen for the show, express interest in her personally. Certainly she has many more avenues to find love than a free dating site. Why not go through her own agency for starters? Does she even really have one? I never hear about anyone using her and you think we would. I don't even know the name of it for google search.

Nowhere can I find the success stories from the show on her site either. One would think Bambi and the football player would be prominent, no?

The relationship may be staged for this season to take the heat off of her being single. It certainly appears to be forced and I don't sense any real affection in the few times we have seen them on camera. That could easily be due to a camera in your face but I don't think so.

I expect to hear of a break up at some point when this season is over. Did it already end?
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-26-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Apparently, Patti really has a business, although, I couldn't locate it. Here's an article about how it's not as Patti makes it appear on her show though.

Is 'Millionaire Matchmaker' Patti Stanger's Dating Service A Sham?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Apparently, Patti really has a business, although, I couldn't locate it. Here's an article about how it's not as Patti makes it appear on her show though.

Is 'Millionaire Matchmaker' Patti Stanger's Dating Service A Sham?
    Good find and not surprising.

+ Reply to Thread