+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Not to appear materialistic, but I agree with you. Many women, however, don't really care so much about engagement rings. I just thought the whole idea of a "promise ring" was so high school; it seemed an odd thing to say. I always catch this show on Tuesday evenings at 11. I don't know what the regular time is so I always just assumed that they were repeats that I was watching. I did hear that she is engaged so I wonder if we will see that happen by the end of the season. Did anyone catch her comment about "what kind of rock are we talking about"? I don't think her beau was too happy with that comment.
    Very high school, indeed! And he didn't even bring up a "proposal", Patti did!
    Lame. She can do better than this!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Debb, you know it struck me the same way as well. They just don't seem like a real couple to me.

I also wanted to add that last night's millionaires were scraping the bottom of the barrel. Party Marty looked at least 45 and I could not believe when they said he was 32. I guess all that drinking/partying really does age a person. The gal who had the date with the magician looked like a prettier Kristin Stewart.
    I had to rewind when Party Marty said he was 32! I thought I heard wrong! That guy is at least 42, if he's a day. 32, pfft, please, who does he think he's kidding?!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

The show does really highlight just how immature some men of a certain age are.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

I would love to see an update in about ten years. I would bet that Party Marty, never turned into Mature Martin and is still single, living the bachelor life.

ITA with you, but some love those scenes of heli rides, hang gliding, etc. If anyone watches The Middle, Frankie was obsessed with the Bachelor and cited some of those scenes as an escape to her own life!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The first red flag in Patti's relationship was meeting on Plenty of Fish. That site is free. I joined that and found a bunch of men posing in front of their pick up trucks and got responses from many who clealry did not read my bio. It stated several key things that would have quickly weeded out those who sent me messages!

Wouldn't you think she would have chosen Millionaire Match or another that you pay for?

I understand why the spots on the show were strained and lacked authenticity; they were rehearsed. I don't know what to think. I guess only time will tell.

I tend to believe they are a real couple and looking clumsy or fake because of the way it has been worked into the show.

Why do producers think viewers want to see hang gliding, bungie jumping, rapelling, sky diving and I could go on, interesting. The Bachelor is the biggest offender. Eating Chinese take out on the couch discussing their favorite movies gives better insight into the level of connection among many other things.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good points on the dates they set up. I did read a possible explanation though. I read that the reason they cause excitment on the date is that the bodies' adrenalin gets going and it simulates love hormones. So when you get all hyped up by flying, skydiving, risky stuff, it creates a desire and connection with the person you are with. Not sure if that is junk science or not.

This could explain why my first big love interest stands out in my mind as the PERFECT date and day I fell in love, because we went sailing on a magnificent day. It was out of a dream. Sailing to an island, running on the beach, jumping into the water, kissing and looking into each others eyes, etc. The trip back to shore was scary, but he comforted me. What a memory. It was many years ago, but I still remember it like it was yesterday. lol
    Yes! Of course. I have read this too. I guess Jake and Vienna sold that point when they bonded on a first date bungee jump. I shudder to even recall that.

Something doesn't seem right about Patti and her boyfriend...I won't call him finace yet. He made such a big deal out of the proposal of Moving In Together, I was sure he was going to ask her to marry him.
    I haven't read Patti's book but she's very old fashioned in her "rules." Moving in together without an engagement + ring (that's a must) doesn't sound like what Patti would advise so why is she so gung-ho? She'd tell a client not to do it.
    I truly believe she wants to get married because she's 51 and never married. It's also not so good for her business to not be married. How long before people say if she can't get married, what the heck does she know about it??
    holly71 and jenniferboston1 like this.

FORT Fogey

I finally watched the episode, and the conversation between Patti and David was definitely not straightforward about getting engaged. All he brought up was the topic of moving in together, and said he knew from reading her book that she would need a promise to go along with that. Somehow she maneuvered him into saying what she wanted to hear. He never really came out and said "will you marry me." He said something about a ring, and she asked how big of a diamond would it be. He was really uncomfortable with that. Then when Patti came back to the office, she said something about him offering her a ring as a "placecard holder" or something like that. It was all pretty vague and unclear. If a guy asks you to marry him, it shouldn't be so confusing to interpret!
    holly71 and Shoepie like this.

I can see the flack Patti gets in the media about not having a man and being in her business, but honestly, if she can do her job well, what does her private life have to do with it? Not all weight loss advisors have struggled with obesity. Not all child therapist have children. If the proof is in the pudding, so to speak, then let her do her job with others and leave her personal marital status to her. I can see the critics point, a little, but if her clients pay their money and are satisfied with her services, then that's what should matter, IMO.

If this boyfriend is arranged and it gets out, it will be much worse on Patti than just facing the truth. Either way, it doesn't look good. I do think her show has improved though. The total lunatics they used to have on the show never appealed to me.
    holly71 and bee stung lips like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can see the flack Patti gets in the media about not having a man and being in her business, but honestly, if she can do her job well, what does her private life have to do with it? Not all weight loss advisors have struggled with obesity. Not all child therapist have children. If the proof is in the pudding, so to speak, then let her do her job with others and leave her personal marital status to her. I can see the critics point, a little, but if her clients pay their money and are satisfied with her services, then that's what should matter, IMO.

If this boyfriend is arranged and it gets out, it will be much worse on Patti than just facing the truth. Either way, it doesn't look good. I do think her show has improved though. The total lunatics they used to have on the show never appealed to me.
    I agree with you. U personally have never understood why someone would automatically assume Patti's love life would be perfect just because she's a matchmaker. Can a doctor prevent himself from ever getting sick? A lawyer from ever having legal troubles? If course not and its the same thing in Patti's case. She's human like the rest of us out in search of that perfect happy ending. Personally I find it endearing that a woman like Patti, who has the perfect life as far as materialistic things go, is still searching for that one enchanted love like so many out there. It also proves that turning fifty doesn't mean you give up on love and just shrivel up and die, but instead keep optimistic that Mr or Mrs Right is out there somewhere.

I say you GO Patti! Keep on keeping it real for us forty / fiftysomething gals!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread