+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Fogey

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

I've read different ages for her, but seems most say she's 51. If she's supposedly engaged, but doesn't have a ring, what happened? She's always yelling at men on the show that they have to buy a ring if they're serious about wanting to marry a woman. A "promise ring" is not an engagement ring. If a guy said he wanted to marry me and considered himself my fiance, he better not give me something he calls a "promise ring," or I will promise to punch him in the nose unless he forks over a proper ring!
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 04-10-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    holly71 likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I've read different ages for her, but seems most say she's 51. If she's supposedly engaged, but doesn't have a ring, what happened? She's always yelling at men on the show that they have to buy a ring if they're serious about wanting to marry a woman. A "promise ring" is not an engagement ring. If a guy said he wanted to marry me and considered himself my fiance, he better not give me something he calls a "promise ring," or I will promise to punch him in the nose unless he forks over a proper ring!
    Not to appear materialistic, but I agree with you. Many women, however, don't really care so much about engagement rings. I just thought the whole idea of a "promise ring" was so high school; it seemed an odd thing to say. I always catch this show on Tuesday evenings at 11. I don't know what the regular time is so I always just assumed that they were repeats that I was watching. I did hear that she is engaged so I wonder if we will see that happen by the end of the season. Did anyone catch her comment about "what kind of rock are we talking about"? I don't think her beau was too happy with that comment.
    holly71 and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of it. Her boyfriend asked her to move in together and at the end it said they were shopping for houses to move in together. When Patti mentions a ring, he says they can go ring shopping, but then later when Patti mentions a ring to her employee it's referred to as a promise ring. Isn't Patti pushing 50? I thought promise rings are for college students who want to commit, but need to finish school before getting engaged. Seemed lame to me. Please comment after you watch it.

I thought that Patti's last fiance was a fake. I thought he was paid to play her fiance. When they broke up, it was nothing to her or so it appeared. Now, I'm beginning to wonder if this is not a paid arrangment too. She has to look succesful in love to maintain her career as a love matchmaker. I don't fault her really. I hope I'm wrong.
    Debb, you know it struck me the same way as well. They just don't seem like a real couple to me.

I also wanted to add that last night's millionaires were scraping the bottom of the barrel. Party Marty looked at least 45 and I could not believe when they said he was 32. I guess all that drinking/partying really does age a person. The gal who had the date with the magician looked like a prettier Kristin Stewart.
    holly71 likes this.

I knew she reminded me of someone! I think it was Kristin Stewart. She was a pretty brave girl.

I don't trust strangers enough to put my life in their hands. I guess that comes with age. lol I have ridden on motorcycles with several men though. I guess that was risky. Not to be a big motorcycle fan, I have dated 5 different guys who owned bikes. They were thrilled to get out on the road with me on the back. I guess I was more adventurous back then. lol

I did think that haircut helped the one guy. I've had my fill of partiers though. I had enough of that and it holds no interest for me now. Maybe, it's something you have to get out of your system. I suspect a fair number of them are alcoholics and they use the partying as an excuse.

I so would have done the kite/hang gliding in my younger days; I had quite an adventurous spirit back then. We parasailed in Mexico on our honeymoon and that was way cool! I loved all the roller coasters and amusement rides that go upside down. 99% of the men I dated before marriage were into motorcycles and cars...I don't know why I was attracted to that sort, but I have been on my share of motorcycles. My husband is into antique cars and has a few bikes but we haven't ridden together since I became a mom, which was 27 years ago. I sort of lost my sense of adventure and now rarely go above 5 miles over the speed limit.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Not to appear materialistic, but I agree with you. Many women, however, don't really care so much about engagement rings. I just thought the whole idea of a "promise ring" was so high school; it seemed an odd thing to say. I always catch this show on Tuesday evenings at 11. I don't know what the regular time is so I always just assumed that they were repeats that I was watching. I did hear that she is engaged so I wonder if we will see that happen by the end of the season. Did anyone catch her comment about "what kind of rock are we talking about"? I don't think her beau was too happy with that comment.
    I didn't mean that there HAS to be an engagement ring, but if he's her fiance, then a promise ring doesn't make sense. Maybe the show was filmed so long ago that there was no talk of an engagement then. If "engaged," they should be beyond that point, and I agree with everyone who said it seems rather juvenile. This was the season finale, wasn't it?

Count me among those of you who thought the whole engagement thing was strange. I watched, and when he proposed to her, the first thing he asked was that she move in and live with him, then after that he talked about marriage. He spoke of how he's read her book and he knew what living together meant, that there had to be a ring involved and a promise. That said, he STILL talked about wanting to live with her not wanting to marry her and spend his life with her. It seemed really strange to me, and they don't seem like a couple to me either. I hope it's true but I don't buy it.

Gotta jump in on the risk taking convo. I was always afraid to ride with my fiance on his motorcycle when he got one. We were about 20 years old at the time. He talked me into it but I used to have to have a drink before I would get on it! I always had this bad feeling about it. Well sure enough we were going home from a gathering one night and he wrecked it with me on the back. Went off an embankment and rolled way down a hill into the dirt, rocks and weeds. Tore up my shoulder and skinned up my face and arms. Did some fancy flips going down that hill. Lol, he came by me the first time to see i was alive and ran after his bike yelling "my bike!!" Needless to say, I never rode with him on that bike again. I've always had intuitions about various things including whether I felt safe or not, and I just never felt I was safe on the back of a bike. I was the same way about some people driving cars. There were people and times when I just would not get in the car and go somewhere with somebody else driving. Go figure.

I'm no daredevil.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hated the way she kept calling him "Honey"................it was "Honey" this, and "Honey" that. I just find that "Honey" crap annoying.

His eyes have not improved. c-a-l-l-t-h-e-s-u-r-g-e-o-n.
    holly71 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

The first red flag in Patti's relationship was meeting on Plenty of Fish. That site is free. I joined that and found a bunch of men posing in front of their pick up trucks and got responses from many who clealry did not read my bio. It stated several key things that would have quickly weeded out those who sent me messages!

Wouldn't you think she would have chosen Millionaire Match or another that you pay for?

I understand why the spots on the show were strained and lacked authenticity; they were rehearsed. I don't know what to think. I guess only time will tell.

I tend to believe they are a real couple and looking clumsy or fake because of the way it has been worked into the show.

Why do producers think viewers want to see hang gliding, bungie jumping, rapelling, sky diving and I could go on, interesting. The Bachelor is the biggest offender. Eating Chinese take out on the couch discussing their favorite movies gives better insight into the level of connection among many other things.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-11-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Good points on the dates they set up. I did read a possible explanation though. I read that the reason they cause excitment on the date is that the bodies' adrenalin gets going and it simulates love hormones. So when you get all hyped up by flying, skydiving, risky stuff, it creates a desire and connection with the person you are with. Not sure if that is junk science or not.

This could explain why my first big love interest stands out in my mind as the PERFECT date and day I fell in love, because we went sailing on a magnificent day. It was out of a dream. Sailing to an island, running on the beach, jumping into the water, kissing and looking into each others eyes, etc. The trip back to shore was scary, but he comforted me. What a memory. It was many years ago, but I still remember it like it was yesterday. lol

+ Reply to Thread