+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

  1. #1141
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,894

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    I will withhold judgment until more information comes out. Anyone can make an accusation that you said something threatening to them. It's he said, she said. I wonder how far it went and what proof there was. Many women are truly in need of protection, but it's sad that some use the system as a means for revenge or some other tool. I'll await to see if it turns out to be true. I bet Patti will get to the bottom of it.

    And as far as child support goes. I haven't seen any court orders yet. Many people get behind on child support if their obligation is based on one income and then they lose their job and are making much less. You have to file a motion in court to have the amount revisited. It can take a long time to get it changed to the proper amount. I'm not saying that is what happened to this guy, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, until it's proven otherwise.

    That said, I still thought their relationship seemed strained or forced or something off. Who knows?

  2. #1142
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    I am soooo over "benefit of the doubt". I've come to believe that that is a very naive stance.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #1143
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,366

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am soooo over "benefit of the doubt". I've come to believe that that is a very naive stance.
    I don't know about that. As I've gotten older, I've become less harsh on people. When I was younger, I was very critical & viewed things as more black & white. As I've gotten older, I've come to see many more shades of gray in between. I will say though, I do tend to go with my gut instinct on what kind of vibe I get off a person, & it's usually pretty accurate.

    P.S. - I'm not speaking to this situation with Patti, since I didn't even click on the link to read the story, because honestly, I just don't care enough to read about it. I'm just saying in general.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  4. #1144
    FORT Fanatic lilymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    666

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I don't know about that. As I've gotten older, I've become less harsh on people. When I was younger, I was very critical & viewed things as more black & white. As I've gotten older, I've come to see many more shades of gray in between. I will say though, I do tend to go with my gut instinct on what kind of vibe I get off a person, & it's usually pretty accurate.

    P.S. - I'm not speaking to this situation with Patti, since I didn't even click on the link to read the story, because honestly, I just don't care enough to read about it. I'm just saying in general.
    I agree with you. You've said it so well I can't think of much to add except possibly benefit of the doubt should be assigned on a case-by-case basis; then again by saying what you did about shades of gray, you probably covered that.

  5. #1145
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,366

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I agree with you. You've said it so well I can't think of much to add except possibly benefit of the doubt should be assigned on a case-by-case basis; then again by saying what you did about shades of gray, you probably covered that.
    Absolutely on a case by case basis, for sure.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  6. #1146
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    I loved Patti in the short wig....she looked so much younger and prettier. But who on Bravo has short hair?? without long extensions??
    holly71 and Shoepie like this.

  7. #1147
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,366

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I loved Patti in the short wig....she looked so much younger and prettier. But who on Bravo has short hair?? without long extensions??
    Tabatha is the only woman I can think of. Which reminds me, she's back on this week (I think it's April 4th...gotta go check)
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  8. #1148
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I loved Patti in the short wig....she looked so much younger and prettier. But who on Bravo has short hair?? without long extensions??

    I think shorter hair is soon to be back in style. By shorter I mean shoulder length, at least. Guilanna Ransic looks fabulous. I am waiting for the day. I am tired of everyone looking the same.

  9. #1149
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am soooo over "benefit of the doubt". I've come to believe that that is a very naive stance.
    I have come to believe the same thing. Dr Phil's new book sounds like a good one. He talks about how this is not a wise train of thought. Do your research instead, he says. Makes sense in most situations, however there are exceptions. He is talking about situations that will effect your life, not the bagger at the grocery.

  10. #1150
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,366

    Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think shorter hair is soon to be back in style. By shorter I mean shoulder length, at least. Guilanna Ransic looks fabulous. I am waiting for the day. I am tired of everyone looking the same.
    I love Guilanna's hair now that she has taken the ombre extensions out! It looks 98257653 times better! It's perfect for her! Now if she'd gain about 10 lbs & ditch the brown eye makeup, she would look even better. I have her same coloring, with brown hair & brown eyes, & all that dark brown eyeshadow just makes her (& my) eyes look tired. She needs to go with plums. It will look so much better, I promise.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.