+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

OMG that Shawn guy has a temper issue I could envision his face turning red and steam pouring out of his ears LOL...that poor girl, personally I would of walked out on him. He did not deserve another moment of her time,, she was very brave for coming into the office and confronting him face to face -- I am sure Patti and her crew would of stepped in if it got out of hand. No wonder he has never been married and he had to nerve to say he would be a great father, heaven help those kids! I think he needs to step back from dating and really deal with is issues.

I think any woman or man for that matter that goes into Patti's office are all gold diggers -- why else would they be there? They are looking to score a fish that is loaded. I don't even know why anyone would sign up to be in the millionaires matchmaker pool -- I would be worried that all they would want is my money and not me. If I were rich and unknown (lets face it, many of them are unknown), I would prefer the guy to get know "me" and I learn about them before I start announcing I am a millionairess. Don't know how to cover up the fact that I am loaded but I come from a humble background so I am sure it would easy at least for me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You can love a rich man/woman just as easily as a poor one! Rich is just one more asset! That stupid Hello Kitty woman is definitely OK with somebody being mainly interested in her money, but notbody seems to be able to stand her personality; interesting conundrum. If you can get love and rich, I say go for it but just rich, in the long run, may be more costly than it's worth! It could be like selling your soul to the devil....which some people are happy to do.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I found the part about her finding her birth mother a little puzzling. Several years ago, they referred to her being a "third generation matchmaker" and showed her as close to her (adoptive) parents. Now, no mention was made of her adoptive parents and how they feel about her looking for her birth mother. Granted, it's only an hour long show and mostly focuses on the couples she sets up but, I was surprised when she referred to "my Mom's ring." Seems like she would have referred to it as her birth mother's ring and would save the term "Mom" for the woman who raised her, especially since she never met her birth mother. Oh well, I hope she finds happiness with her new man, whom I thought was a lot better looking in that initial cell phone photo than in person, lol.
    Debb70 likes this.

I think that people who don't have the usual parents (birth) that other people just take for granted have a need/strong desire to use the terms Mom/Dad just like all of their friends have done all their lives. I think they just need to see how it really feels, and I don't think that's a slight to adoptive parents, but it can be a bit of a touchy area for the adoptive parents, I would think. Yes, they are usually grateful to the adoptive parents for what they've done for them, but it's still different. Adoptees, a lot of times, tend to wonder "What was wrong with me that she gave me away?" My heart breaks for them in their unsettled-ness, if they do have that. They will either come to their place of peace, or they won't. That's for them to determine.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    I found the part about her finding her birth mother a little puzzling. Several years ago, they referred to her being a "third generation matchmaker" and showed her as close to her (adoptive) parents. Now, no mention was made of her adoptive parents and how they feel about her looking for her birth mother. Granted, it's only an hour long show and mostly focuses on the couples she sets up but, I was surprised when she referred to "my Mom's ring." Seems like she would have referred to it as her birth mother's ring and would save the term "Mom" for the woman who raised her, especially since she never met her birth mother. Oh well, I hope she finds happiness with her new man, whom I thought was a lot better looking in that initial cell phone photo than in person, lol.
    I never realized until recently that the parents who were in some of the earlier episodes of the show were not her birth parents. When they showed the photo of her birth mother, I didn't see the resemblance that both Patti and the investigator saw, saying she had her mother's face. Didn't look like that to me, but granted the glimpse was a quick one.

David seemed to be smitten with Patti, but I thought she made too much of the money he supposedly spent on her birthday present, as if that was the most important thing to making her feel special. I also thought he looked somewhat like Jason, Bethenny's estranged husband. I could have done without the shot of her stuffing her tongue into his mouth.

Jason is an extremely handsome man; David missed that boat, by a mile! Unfortunately.

Did anyone see Patti and her boyfriend on Andy Cohen's show last week?

I was interested in seeing the woman who found Patti's birth mother. She had a show on tv awhile ago and I enjoyed watching it. It may still be on...don't know. I also can't remember her name but she seemed really good at hunting people down.

that is one thing I did not understand...how can someone like the lady find out who her mother was but yet the children of these people cannot they say alot of the times the records are sealed.

You've got to know the "tricks". There are "back doors" for everything. Information connections are very important, too.

+ Reply to Thread