+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Newbie

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

I wish they would provide the last names for Roxbury twins. It would make it a lot easier to find German's alleged dissertation. I went to UNC Chapel Hill's (assuming that was the correct campus) website hoping that the neurobiology program would list the names of all of its Ph.D. recipients over the years, but no such luck. Not all departments publicize that info and I'm not even sure I picked the right UNC campus.

Off-topic but, I had forgotten that people in MD/PhD programs finish their PhDs in only four years; I wonder if they extend the program for some knowing that the timeline for PhD research can be unpredictable.

FORT Newbie

Wow! I found him. German Garcia-Fresco. He does have a Ph.D from UNC Chapel Hill, but I doubt he got it when he was 23. I think he studied with Dr. Manzoor Bhat at UNC, having published with him both in 2001 and 2006. Thus, he just got his PhD a couple years ago. Isn't he 33?

Legacy Life Group - German Garcia Fresco

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Aranea;2799906;
    Wow! I found him. German Garcia-Fresco. He does have a Ph.D from UNC Chapel Hill, but I doubt he got it when he was 23. I think he studied with Dr. Manzoor Bhat at UNC, having published with him both in 2001 and 2006. Thus, he just got his PhD a couple years ago. Isn't he 33?

Legacy Life Group - German Garcia Fresco

At least, he does indeed have a phd.
    Regarding the timeline, if he has an international Baccalaureate that could considerably speed things up.
    How did he make his $ and earn a phd at the same time?
    Boy genius?
    He seemed genuine to me.
    Who knows?

FORT Newbie

A description of German's BFF, Tai Lopez, can be found on the same website.

I might be over this show. I fell asleep both times that I tried to watch it last night. I don't know what it is but it's just not as good as the other reality shows on Bravo. Maybe it's because there aren't enough "regulars" to care about or they need to stick with more of the clients or show us a little of her private life. Who knows but I don't know anyone who's watching it but you and me!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2798876;
    One of the girls on the yacht was Tanya from Paradise Hotel 2. I had to laugh at her wanting a man to open doors and treat her like a princess!
    OMG!! I so recognized her, but could not, for the life of me, place her face. Thanks.

FORT Newbie

I think they both were legit--if a bit exageratted, but I don't know if it is just me or not, but I think Tai is much moe into German than anyone else, and German seems just more naieve or blissfully ignorant of that fact.

I've watched a few more episodes since I last posted and I have to say I am enjoying the show. I agree that you don't get to care about the clients but I think the staff is going to be the focus of some ongoing attention which could be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by limom;2800030;
    At least, he does indeed have a phd.
    Regarding the timeline, if he has an international Baccalaureate that could considerably speed things up.
    How did he make his $ and earn a phd at the same time?
    Boy genius?
    He seemed genuine to me.
    Who knows?

I got the impression that these two boys inherited money and invested it to make more.

FORT Newbie

I'm in agreement there was something not quite in sync with what the show was leading us to believe. Firstly German having a degree in Neuro Biology and doesn't have a career as such .... strange all that money in school and not following a particular field ... odd. Also into property and not science after spending all that money on education... well......

Secondly living in Sunset Heights just North of West Hollywood questionable.

Thirdly on observing the show when comments were made about their dates they were always looking at one another, there was also the remarks made by Tai when on the boat regarding astrological signs " that's why I married German".

Fourthly in the restaurant 'Honey' they mentioned touching one another and wanted to sit next together instead of having the girls together or male female male female.

There is definitely money with this Duo as they turned up at Hugo Boss in Beverly Hills in a Maserati not a cheap car.

I think the show is a bit of a scam as someone that works for me said they were holding auditions at the Kodak Center for eligible females......
    In my opinion you called it as it is

+ Reply to Thread