+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 127 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1267
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Fogey

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

I had to laugh at the in-your-face product placement of Patti's Birkin bag on the Jim-Jimmy show. Those things cost around $10,000, and I'm quite sure she got hers for free in exchange for prominently displaying it on the table when she was meeting one of the men (I forget which one). The camera focused on it sitting there in all its glory at least 2-3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I had to laugh at the in-your-face product placement of Patti's Birkin bag on the Jim-Jimmy show. Those things cost around $10,000, and I'm quite sure she got hers for free in exchange for prominently displaying it on the table when she was meeting one of the men (I forget which one). The camera focused on it sitting there in all its glory at least 2-3 times.
    Ha! I noticed that too!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I thought the cheapest Birkin costs about $30K.....and yes, I definitely noticed it's placement also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I thought the cheapest Birkin costs about $30K.....and yes, I definitely noticed it's placement also.
    No, you can get one for around $10K. There's another board that I used to post on & a lot of people on there were into fashion & that's the only reason I know that! I can't even fathom spending that kind of money on a purse! Insanity!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Last night's show was a little different; both millionaires were women. Neither one of them did particularly well. One woman was soooo alpha that she had trouble finding a man who could deal with her; she chose a real lemon for her date. Not only was he a lemon for her, but he had a nose that I just couldn't get past; he made the mistake to trying to relegate her to a girly-girl position, and SHE'S the one that put HIM in that position .....that made me laugh!! I've never seen a worse match. Another one of the guys that she could have chosen was a look alike for her ex-husband! I was glad that she didn't choose him, because he was overly-obnoxious in his attempt to dominate her.

The other woman was an African American woman, the owner of a bikini company, and wanted a Donald Trump-type (SHE ACTUALLY SAID SHE LOVED HIS HAIR!!!! ) She had a great body and had been the winner of an Arnold Schwarznegger competition, but wasn't all super-bulgy, but was defined. Her hair was gross; whatever kind of hair system she was wearing was nasty; ugly color, too. She picked a tall British educator, he liked her and she liked him, but there was NO chemistry. She'd told the men that didn't like to be asked a lot of questions, like she was on a job interview, and he was a questioner. You could tell that she didn't like that he was not spiritual; he seemed to be the type who liked to debate religion/spirituality.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

yes! the Bikini company owner had the worse hair! It looked like a wig but it seemed not to be attached very well at the forehead.
    Patti always tells the men and the women what they need to do to look better...so why didn't she say something to this girl?
    It looked like the lining of the wig was popping out at her temples...and it was a completely different color.

I know! Her wig/weave/extensions/whatever it was, was AWFUL! If she's a millionaire, why didn't she go to a better hairstylist? That was awful! And yes, the color was all wrong for her too! It was almost the same shade as her skin, making her look very ""blah". She should go a few shades darker for some nice contrast between her hair & her skin. Clearly, whoever she's going to to get her hair done sucks at what they do because it all looks bad!

Patty's extensions look bad too. They don't blend with her hair at all! Especially in the front. As I watched the scene between these ladies, all I could think was both of them make plenty of money, they can afford to go to someone who knows how to blend their hair into their extensions (both women) & what hair color is flattering for their skin tone (the client)
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Dragonlady like this.

FORT Fogey

Patti has beautifully done extentions. The color variation was done on purpose; it is called ombre. It was very much in style awhile back and typically blonde ends with brown hair and very contrasting. Patti has a beautiful ash shade and subtle.

Her millionairesses are a different story. The black girl had a horrible job! You can see her original bob and they just added length without blending her own hair. Yowza. Adorable woman though. I bet she went running back to have them taken out after seeing this show if she had not already done so!

I agree the color was way off on the other woman. Horrible with her skin tone. Olive/yellow skin cannot wear any shade of red or gold hair.......ever.

Patti was way off on choosing the men. I think she covers her mistakes by saying she threw in someone wrong for them for a test. Nah, she wants success as much as we do! She has to work with who she can find who wants to be on TV. Most come from general casting. I see them other places.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have come to learn that hair that is all the same color ages people. I've never seen anything that looks as fake as women who wear wigs that have no kind of highlights in them. I'm not a big fan of ombre, but not all of it is well done, either.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You learn something new every day. I have been wondering what "ombre" meant, because i've heard the term on Project Runway referring to fabric as well. Now I know. Thanks for clarifying that, lol. I suspected that's what it meant, but wasn't sure.

My daughter colors her hair, and I've never been ok with it, but i try not to be critical of her because she's a teenager and they're temperamental and cranky, lol. I grew up in a time when most girls did not dye their hair and i still like the natural look. I don't mind color, but still think it should look shiny and healthy and natural. She likes that two tone look right now, where the under layers are dark brown and the outer or top layers are blonde. She looks best with it all blonde, though. I figure one day she will settle on a color and keep it awhile. Maybe after her hair breaks off enough she will stop with the bleaching and dyeing. I have no idea what her natural head of hair even would look like now. I'm really curious.

The millionairess on the show did have a bad head of hair. Maybe people don't see what others do on themselves. She may think it looks good.

+ Reply to Thread