+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 127 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1267
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Most definitely. I agree, and I've seen some pretty bad ones. lol
    When is this on? I cant seem to find it. Thanks BSL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have thought that extensions would help thicken my hair, but I have never found a hairstylist who installs them. I have gone to the same guy for many years and he's at a upscale salon in a large city, but they don't deal with them. Is that usual? I don't know of anyone personally that I can ask about it.

Is the worth the cost and time? I have also been afraid that they would damage the existing hair and cause it to thin out. Does it?

How can you tell if Patti or someone has extensions, unless they tell you. Sometimes it's quite obvious, but other times, I can't tell.
    There are two types of extentions. Clip ons and those that individual pieces of hair are glued to your own hair close to the scalp. You cannot run a brush or comb through your hair as it will catch on the spots where they are attached but other than that you can wash your hair normally. I have a friend with very fine thin hair who has had them for many years. I don't know how often they have to be replaced. I have not heard her mention that they have damaged her hair but that does not mean it hasn't! She would never go without them.

Weaves are a horse of a different color and not to be confused with extentions.

You can pretty much guess that if someone has hair long enough to cover their breasts and it falls in those ubiquitous curls, it is not their hair. Patty's look good because she wears them straight. Another tell tell sign of extentions if the person wearing them constantly touches the pieces that fall in front. Mariah Carey is over the top with touching her hair. JLo never does this.

I think it is fair to say that most everyone in movies and TV have some form of added hair. Joan Rivers often takes a clip on off and hands it to a guest if the subject calls for it.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 02-01-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Okay. It's settled. I'm going to try some clip ons and see how they look. It's probably the kind of thing you need to try in person though, right? I'm going to buy them and take me with me to the salon next time when I get a trim. Certainly, they can help me place them in, right?

I would guess you match your hair color, but today, I see hair color all over the place. It really doesn't matter how the color comes together. It's all okay.

I kid because for the last couple of years, I have touched up my own roots between visits. I'm not too concerned over a color mismatch, since most people would assume I intended for it to be that way however it turns out, blonde, light blonde, auburn, etc. LOL
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-01-2013 at 12:52 PM.

I tried clip on, there is a store in the mall, they only do wigs and clip on , all sorts of extensions. It looked pretty good, not too long, just thicker.I just cant be fussed with all that.I would keep them for date nights with hubby
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Okay. It's settled. I'm going to try some clip ons and see how they look. It's probably the kind of thing you need to try in person though, right? I'm going to buy them and take me with me to the salon next time when I get a trim. Certainly, they can help me place them in, right?

I would guess you match your hair color, but today, I see hair color all over the place. It really doesn't matter how the color comes together. It's all okay.

I kid because for the last couple of years, I have touched up my own roots between visits. I'm not too concerned over a color mismatch, since most people would assume I intended for it to be that way however it turns out, blonde, light blonde, auburn, etc. LOL
    Dont buy them first. Talk to the stylist. They have inventory. If they don't, walk out.

I hadn't seen the show this season.
    Then the other night, I caught the tail end of a repeat with Denise Richards' dad. Good for him. I've seen him when he was on Denise's show and he seems very well grounded and affable.
    As far as Patti, she's had a lot of work done this year, it seems. Eyes, cheekbones, lips. I do wish she'd lose the heavily frosted lipcolor. Not real attractive.
    I do love that Rachel and the husband have been toned down. She looks actually pretty without the garish do and he looks so much better without the Mohawk.
    I do prefer the other Matchmaker - the one from New York with the long straight blond hair. I guess Andy likes Patti though - probably the crazies she has on bring bigger ratings. Looks like the other Matchmaker got sent packing. Too bad, as I found her way more believable in terms of her clients.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Yeah, Patti claims that her lips are natural...I disagree..she has that weird line/indentation around them, esp at top.
    and they aren't pretty. And I really don't care what people do re plastic surgery...but if it looks strange, I'm happy to say so.

The extensions I had were pieces of human hair...you could get straight, wavy or curly and you could get different colors to look like your hair had different tones in it. I went w/my friend who is also my hair stylist....and here in So Cal, hair shops are everywhere.
    my new extensions were attached with a little metal band to a few strands of my hair....she worked a few lines around my head, from ear to ear.
    I didn't know that I shouldn't put them in if I was losing hair, which is why I wanted them. But it didn't seem to make a difference. I don't think I'd like the idea of gluing pieces of hair to my hair.
    They annoyed me....I hated not being able to really run a brush or comb thru my hair. It felt really weird to run your hand thru your hair. You have to be careful that your hairdo doesn't show these little attachments because that looks really bad.
    But it did what I wanted it to do and that was important and worth putting up with small negative things. If you have really thin hair and always wanted it to be fuller, go for it...but I still wouldn't use glue.
    I would never know that Patti had extensions except when she and Rachel acted nicely envious of one girl with lots of thick long hair. Seems like Rachel has them too....and doesn't she look so much better??!!! She looks wonderful.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I believe her lips are real. That indentation never happens with lip augmentation. I have a friend with those lips.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Perhaps they are. However, they appear to have grown quite a bit since the show initially premiered.
    holly71 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The way you apply lipstick can make your lips look larger than they are, too. You can contour with makeup....many different body parts.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread