+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 127 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Millionaire Matchmaker

FORT Newbie

Re: Millionaire Matchmaker

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2796116;
    They were certainly alarming and her lack of eyebrows enhanced her alien appearance. It is sweet that this nerdy guy found a woman he considers a babe who is sweet and loves him back. I hope she took her hair extentions off.

Actually I was talking about Stanger's lips. But now that you mention it the lips on the blonde girl who went on the date definitley hold their own next to Stanger's.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;2792786;
    That line about feeding 20,000 made such an impression on the twenty something that her response was, "I'm trying to cut down on carbs." I spit out my water at that one.
    Anyway, he shouldn't be bragging about his good deeds to anyone which proves he is so full of himself and not so spiritual. My husband commented that he should date himself which was based on the best friends who actually were dating themselves.
    My opinion: they were all really good actors.
    I had the same reaction. The remark was pretentious but still wasted on her.

After watching it, I'm of belief that the "cutting carbs" comment was part of an entirely different conversation that fell victim to creative editing for enhanced viewing. Don't get me wrong, she was a total flake for that guy but that scene on the horseback felt totally edited and choppy.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2798507;
    After watching it, I'm of belief that the "cutting carbs" comment was part of an entirely different conversation that fell victim to creative editing for enhanced viewing. Don't get me wrong, she was a total flake for that guy but that scene on the horseback felt totally edited and choppy.

You could be right. When I heard it I laughed. Either way it's kind of funny.

I loved the look on her face when he meditated in the restaurant. He is kind of jerky.

The 'I fed 20,000 people' guy was way too old for that 26 year old girl. I thought it was funny in the restraunt when he was eating his salad and she wasn't eating anything at all, just drinking.
    I think Tai and German might have been gay and just did this show as a joke or a way to be on TV.
    Patti disgusted me at first. Not really her appearance, but her personality. But after watching this show a couple times she is starting to make sense with her observations about men and dating.

One of the girls on the yacht was Tanya from Paradise Hotel 2. I had to laugh at her wanting a man to open doors and treat her like a princess!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2798859;
    You could be right. When I heard it I laughed. Either way it's kind of funny.

I loved the look on her face when he meditated in the restaurant. He is kind of jerky.
    It's so obvious that the editing is way overboard. "That's what happens" on all the Bravo shows which disgusts me. I'm glad viewers are on them.

As for Patty's dating advice: another poster said it makes total sense and it does when one pulls away from the screen and the weird people. She is following tradition, at least in my neck of the woods, and she is on to something should a person want to have a real relationship.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;2798873;
    The 'I fed 20,000 people' guy was way too old for that 26 year old girl. I thought it was funny in the restraunt when he was eating his salad and she wasn't eating anything at all, just drinking.
    I think Tai and German might have been gay and just did this show as a joke or a way to be on TV.
    Patti disgusted me at first. Not really her appearance, but her personality. But after watching this show a couple times she is starting to make sense with her observations about men and dating.
    Tai and German cannot be real. Listen to their credentials. One got his Phd in neuro when he was 23. A Phd comes way later than that, especially in that area and he does not come across as a prodigy in any way.
    Also, the businesses which one owns total 5 million. That is far from successful. Both those guys were weird and not honest. They come across as wanting to be the new "Night at the Roxbury" guys and are probably trying to get their own show.
    I don't remember when Bravo went to being the arty station to the NBC backlash but they are really insulting their viewer more and more, especially with people like these "twins".
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Newbie

One got his Phd in neuro when he was 23.
    Newmommy, where did you find that info on German? I agree that his claim sounds dubious. Neuro is usually a long Ph.D program. I know one person who finished her neuroscience doctorate in 4 (or was it 5 years), and that was fast. Other neuro grad students acquaintances have taken as long as eight years. Maybe he got his B.S. or M.S. when was 23, but if he is claiming that it was a Ph.D, I say B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranea;2799638;
    Newmommy, where did you find that info on German? I agree that his claim sounds dubious. Neuro is usually a long Ph.D program. I know one person who finished her neuroscience doctorate in 4 (or was it 5 years), and that was fast. Other neuro grad students acquaintances have taken as long as eight years. Maybe he got his B.S. or M.S. when was 23, but if he is claiming that it was a Ph.D, I say B.S.
    Patty proudly announces it when she is introducing them. My husband, who is a scientist, was listening and says to me, "That's b.s. More lies from these stupid shows!"
    Anyway, he did some research looking for this guy and says it's all fake. Also, my brother-in-law, who is a neurologist, knows people in the field. His Phd and MD which he got together, took him 8 years, after the BS and he was 22 when he got his BS.
    I'm going to watch their intro again to hear their stats. What I did find totally weird is that the two never discuss their work. Their conversations were all about dancing and music. Wouldn't the women want to know something about what they do in their daily lives?

+ Reply to Thread