+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gone Country - CMT starting 1/25/08

Gone Country - CMT starting 1/25/08

Yet another music competition show... with a itty bitty twist.

Known for pushing the limits of mainstream country music with the genre-bending MuzikMafia, John Rich, of the hit country duo Big & Rich, takes on his biggest challenge yet. He takes seven established performers from every realm of the entertainment and music industries and immerses them in all things country for a chance to break out as the next big country superstar. The one who is most successful at crossing over by the end of the series will have a country single produced by Rich.

The series features an eclectic cast of performers including:

Bobby Brown -- R&B singer, former member of New Edition

Carnie Wilson -- singer-songwriter, former member of Wilson Phillips and author

Dee Snider -- radio personality, lead singer Twisted Sister

Diana DeGarmo -- recording artist, Broadway actor and 2004 American Idol finalist

Julio Iglesias Jr. -- pop singer

Maureen McCormick -- singer-actor, The Brady Bunch

Sisq -- R&B singer, former member of the group Dru Hill

Gone Country uproots these seven musical celebrities and moves them into a Nashville mansion together to embark on a two-week adventure, hosted by singer-songwriter John Rich. Each celebrity will be paired up with some of Nashville's finest songwriters in an attempt to prepare them for a career in country music. In each episode, the cast competes against each other in challenges that will test them musically and physically to adapt to a country music lifestyle, both on and off the stage. At the end of the two weeks, the artist who is most prepared to impress a country audience, as determined by Rich, will record and release a song.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Re: Gone Country - CMT starting 1/25/08

We saw, what I am guessing, is a rerun last night of the first showing. It caught our attention enough for me to set the DVR to record the series. It is kind of fun and I think there will be many surprises from Bobby Brown and Dee Snider. Maureen, while I hope she does well, is just really insecure and will have much to over come. Really like the choice of contestants, so very, very different from each other. I will keep watching this, unless it gets to "over the top" to handle.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I've watched a couple of shows and I like it. I even had MrCoz watching it and he hates country music. I think he was only interested because of Dee Snider Of course this past show they didn't sing country music. Maureen is a big softy but a bit of enabler too it seems. First the sympathy for Bobby and then the pampering of Julio. But the interaction between Maureen and Bobby is really sweet.

FORT Fan

I tape just about any reality show on my dvr and then check em out if I am bored or can't get to sleep.....I was glad I taped this, as it is proving to be really fun and funny! I sort of like the 1/2 hour format of the regular episodes. Some shows drag along but this one is snappy !

Like you, JustCoz, I am not a country fan but this is pretty interesting. I also got a kick out of Marcia, Marcia Marcia...it was sweet when she posed with fans in the supermarket. Oh...and that log cabin mansion is truly amazing! I am glad I happened upon this show!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'm loving this show, and my daughter loves it cuz she loves john rich.

but bobby brown is a jerk ... why is everyone surprised at how he's acting? he's a drunk and addict, and a wife abuser. he's a pig.

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar

I was surprised that Julio won because his song didn't sound "country" enough for me... I thought Maureen or Bobby were going to win. I love Carnie's voice.

Hopefully Bobby will get help for his sleep walking/ peeing problem.
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

FORT Regular

I never heard of anybody on this show besides Sisqo, Bobby, and Maureen.

Quote Originally Posted by 702loves205;2830481;
    I was surprised that Julio won because his song didn't sound "country" enough for me...
    john rich made it clear that he chose julio simply because of the reaction from the women. i cried when maureen was singing ... i think she should have won.

This show really surprised me with the camraderie that developed among the singers. It was a really refreshing change from some of these shows where there is so much nastiness. I seriously teared up over the episode when they visisted the sick kids at the hospital. Bobby seemed a lot more human after that.

I think JR didn't pick Maureen because of her emotional issues. He's in the business to make music and make money and although I'm sure he likes her as a person, I can't imagine him trying to coax her every time she had to perform!

One other thought...love John Rich, but those fur coats made me want to gag!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;2832542;
    One other thought...love John Rich, but those fur coats made me want to gag!
    i agree ... he talks through the whole show about how down to earth country folk are, and yet he flaunts his money parading around in those hideous coats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast