+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Parking Wars!

Parking Wars!

Is anyone watching this show? I am totally loving this. People never cease to amaze me with the thinking that they can park their vehicles anywhere they please. This show follows the PPA(Philadelphia Parking Authority) as they do their daily job of ticketing meters,booting heavy hitters with over $700.00 in tickets. The people who are ticketed are delusional and funny at the same time.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 01-13-2008 at 12:55 PM.

Premium Member

Re: Parking Wars!

My husband saw this was on and is recording it. We'll probably get a huge kick out of watching it later.

I finally caught it! I had to laugh at the woman who had the Honda Odyssey. She just could not accept any blame for her actions. D'uh! She annoyed me at the end when she said how rude the male official was at the PPA. I thought he showed quite a bit of restraint!

I also had to laugh at the idiot who paid for 1-1/2 hours in the meter at 3 or 3:30 when the whole area goes to a no-parking zone at 4 because of rush hour!

What channel is it on? Thanks
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2752753;
    What channel is it on? Thanks
    Tuesdays @ 10pm on A&E! I have seen 2 episodes. I think it is great. How about the lady who had $700 in tickets for a car she paid like I think she said $1700.00 for and that it has been sitting in front of her house for 2 years!!!! She was out taking pictures of it as they impounded it.

Interesting idea for a show.

They cracked me up. The young guy who had the man screaming at him because he was on hold for 30 minutes trying to get the ticket reversed.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Ok The idiot guy who felt they ddin't need to boot his sisters car was nuts. The simple fact he told the PPA agent he has over $900 in tickets for slmost two year is proof. I was hoping the PPA agent asked where he lived so he could boot him,lol.

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2752690;
    I finally caught it! I had to laugh at the woman who had the Honda Odyssey. She just could not accept any blame for her actions. D'uh! She annoyed me at the end when she said how rude the male official was at the PPA. I thought he showed quite a bit of restraint!

I also had to laugh at the idiot who paid for 1-1/2 hours in the meter at 3 or 3:30 when the whole area goes to a no-parking zone at 4 because of rush hour!
    I agree!

I don't think the dude at the PPA he was rude at all. He explained to her what was needed in order to get her car. In the woman's eyes he was only rude because he wasn't intimidated by all her ranting and raving.

The dude in the BMW who thought by paying for 1 -1/2 hours on the meter and the upside down sign exempted him from the ticket at 4PM was priceless.

It's a little frightening that there are people like that driving on the road. I worry that they would make the "executive decision," to not follow rules and regulations, at the wrong time and put peoples safety at risk. I can see the woman running a red light or not stopping at a stop sign and her denfense would be well I was late to pick up my kids and thought it would be ok. Or the dude in the BMW I can see him driving way over the speed limit and saying, well I always drive this fast in this area and no one has said anything so I figured it was ok.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

I've been watching reruns of this show today. It's pretty funny, but I do feel bad for the people whose cars get booted. I know they should have paid their tickets, but it would be hard to come up with hundreds of dollars to get that boot off.

I love the Philly accents. They sound like a cross between New York/New Jersey/Pittsburgh accents.

FORT Newbie

Man to Officer: "Now, if she had been carrying her license you wouldn't be towing it, right?"

Officer to Man: "Yessir, that IS correct."

Man to Wife who didn't carry her license while driving: "You RETARDED, Man!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast