+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Parking Wars!

Re: Parking Wars!

I like this show. People are funny.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I had to laugh at the guy who recognized Garfield as he was booting his car. The man had $ 3000 rims on the car and yet never paid his $1500 fines and tickets.

Thanks alot FORT, another show I am addicted to. I just read about it on here & have started watching & Tivo'ing it.

I'm always in awe at the price of the fines in Philly. NY traffic violations are so much more expensive. An expired meter will run you $35 last time I checked, unless you're below 86th street in Manhattan, where in many areas you only get 15 minutes per quater, and you will pay $70 for an expired meter. I understand why they do this, as $35 is a bargin for parking in some parts of Manhattan and people would take the ticket and park there all day for $35. Alternate side violations are something like $65, while parking too close to a hydrant (which is always subjective because in some areas they let people park way too close to the hydrants and in others you can't get far enough from the things) that will run you $115. A no standing zone-$115, a bus stop $115. If you choose to fight a ticket you have no rights to win a reduction-it's all or nothing. To qualify for a reduction you have to plead guilty to the ticket without a hearing. We have good and bad agents here, but we also have a lot of questionable tickets written here that have to be fought. There's been tons of those news stories done to try and expose unfair practices. I wish they would follow around the NYCTA. Most of them are okay, but the bad apples have made them a pretty hated bunch. They could use some good PR.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Newbie

Besides the fact the PPA and the city of Philly are criminals themselves towing peoples cars for minor infractions to "keep the streets safe" (Yeah,RIGHT)and collect ridiculous towing fees,this is a hilarious show.

The guy that ran out and said "Garfield...NO!!" was funny.

In parts of San Francisco you get 10 minutes for a quarter. My son and I were at the orthodontist waiting and I asked him to run outside and feed the meter. I just assumed he would fill the meter (we have a stash of meter money in the car). After the appointment, I discovered a ticket for an expired meter. I asked my son how much money he put in the meter, he told me two quarters! I couldn't really get mad at him, he didnt realize that you really have to fill the meter to the max all the time to avoid a ticket because you never know how long you're going to be but, man oh man does $50 hurt!!!!

FORT Newbie

Maybe someone can settle a bet between me and my bf. I say there is someone singing along with the crazy sounding theme song to parking wars. Kinda like the old Peter Frampton (I know I'm showing my age) guitar waa waa stuff. I have looked everywhere for any info regarding the opening theme song. Please help!
    BTW...anyone notice that in the first episode, Garfield had an awful rug and ow he's bald and beautiful. I guess vanity gets the best of everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878;3242051;
    Besides the fact the PPA and the city of Philly are criminals themselves towing peoples cars for minor infractions to "keep the streets safe" (Yeah,RIGHT)and collect ridiculous towing fees,this is a hilarious show.

The guy that ran out and said "Garfield...NO!!" was funny.
    I am amazed how upset people get when they actually have to pay for doing something that is wrong. It's funny I have never had a parking ticket because I actually take the time to be aware of the time limits for where I park my car. Imagine that.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3262281;
    I am amazed how upset people get when they actually have to pay for doing something that is wrong. It's funny I have never had a parking ticket because I actually take the time to be aware of the time limits for where I park my car. Imagine that.
    I agree. It's amazing how many people go off on parking enforcement when they were the ones to break the law. There's a reason for these laws, like ensuring emergency vehicle access or constant flow of traffic. Part of me would love to see them go on strike and show everyone how well the city would run if people could park wherever and for however long they please. They'd be begging for the PPA within 3 days

I just realized my post sounds like I work for parking enforcement , I don't it's just a pet peeve to see people park in a way that inconviences everyone but them. It is necessary to park right in front of a store & block traffic when there are 30 empty spaces just 10 feet away?

OMG did anyone see the "lost pilot" episode? Garfield had a guy partner and he was booting this woman's car and she kept pushing him. He got half the boot on and she got in the car and was trying to drive away, tore the crap out of her front fender in the process

+ Reply to Thread