+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

I just read some stories about Rodney's death. Of course, you never know what to believe. TMZ is saying that friends doubt the girlfriend's story, but you never know. And that Rodney was drinking heavily and smoking pot for hours before this death. The details will come out after the autopsy. Relapse is symptom of the disease. I recall that the last they checked, Rodney was doing well and sober. What a sad thing to happen for his kids on Father's Day.

I recall reading an article around the 20th anniversary of the beating in which he stated that he still drank occasionally. Since it was one of those things I read in passing I wouldn't even know where to start to find it since I'm not sure where I found it in the first place.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

So very sad to hear that Rodney passed. He has struggled for so many years ....I was really hoping for his sobriety after he got off this show. He just seemed so troubled by his past. I really feel for him....and his family. Rest in Peace Rodney.
    its_glinda_now and Debb70 like this.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just read some stories about Rodney's death. Of course, you never know what to believe. TMZ is saying that friends doubt the girlfriend's story, but you never know. And that Rodney was drinking heavily and smoking pot for hours before this death. The details will come out after the autopsy. Relapse is symptom of the disease. I recall that the last they checked, Rodney was doing well and sober. What a sad thing to happen for his kids on Father's Day.
    Debb I didn't even make that connection that this occurred on Father's Day. Guess I got caught up in spending the day with my dad. So sad for his children. I hope that Rodney and his family are at peace.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fanatic

Another success story for Dr Drew. If you enroll in his program, I think your odds of an early death increase by 20%.

I guess time will tell if Rodney died from natural causes or not. I do wonder how some of the former patients stay alive if they live the way they are portrayed on that show. Recall the guy and gal who crawled on top of the roof of the center? Recall all of the screaming, fighting, threats, etc. Most of them live in a state of confusion and anxiety. Scary stuff.

When Rodney was on the show, he was very meek and mild. He was kind to others and had little to say. When he did speak, he was humble. He seemed to appreciate the treatment and showed such promise. It saddens me that his girlfriend says he was drinking and smoking pot the hours before his death.
    JunkieGirl and jucamer like this.

I guess time will tell if Rodney died from natural causes or not. I do wonder how some of the former patients stay alive if they live the way they are portrayed on that show. Recall the guy and gal who crawled on top of the roof of the center? Recall all of the screaming, fighting, threats, etc. Most of them live in a state of confusion and anxiety. Scary stuff.

When Rodney was on the show, he was very meek and mild. He was kind to others and had little to say. When he did speak, he was humble. He seemed to appreciate the treatment and showed such promise. It saddens me that his girlfriend says he was drinking and smoking pot the hours before his death.
    Well they are detoxing when they come in and I would imagine that the cameras add anxiety, frustration and anger. Plus many of these people are performers to begin with, so the cameras and detox could be a deadly combination. Nevermind the fact that these people are paid for their appearance on the show, some who may be low on cash to feed their addiction, now have money they might not have had before.

Look at how the show Intervention show works compared to this one. First off they are just regular joes, their family wants them to get sober and they are sent to a detox center before they enter a treatment center. Once treatment ends they have the option to go to sober living but they also get to deal with their sobriety privately compared to those on CR.

Debb where did you read that about his girlfriend? The first story that came out indicated there were no alcoholic beverages or drugs/paraphernalia around the pool. I did suspect that drugs/alcohol were involved just because of the time of day and the fact that he drowned. I also found it weird that she didn't pull him out of the pool, the first responders did.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Well they are detoxing when they come in and I would imagine that the cameras add anxiety, frustration and anger. Plus many of these people are performers to begin with, so the cameras and detox could be a deadly combination. Nevermind the fact that these people are paid for their appearance on the show, some who may be low on cash to feed their addiction, now have money they might not have had before.

Look at how the show Intervention show works compared to this one. First off they are just regular joes, their family wants them to get sober and they are sent to a detox center before they enter a treatment center. Once treatment ends they have the option to go to sober living but they also get to deal with their sobriety privately compared to those on CR.

Debb where did you read that about his girlfriend? The first story that came out indicated there were no alcoholic beverages or drugs/paraphernalia around the pool. I did suspect that drugs/alcohol were involved just because of the time of day and the fact that he drowned. I also found it weird that she didn't pull him out of the pool, the first responders did.
    Apparently, she either can't swim or is a very weak swimmer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I read yesterday that the girlfriend could not swim, but she told 911 she had tried to get him out of the water by using objects, but she wasn't able to do it. I'll try to find the link about the alcohol and drugs too. I think it was TMZ. But, I'm hoping it's not true. The toxicology report will confirm though.

Here's one link:
    Friends Doubt Rodney King Death Story - They suspect fiancée Cynthia Kelley is hiding something

I read yesterday that the girlfriend could not swim, but she told 911 she had tried to get him out of the water by using objects, but she wasn't able to do it. I'll try to find the link about the alcohol and drugs too. I think it was TMZ. But, I'm hoping it's not true. The toxicology report will confirm though.

Here's one link:
    Friends Doubt Rodney King Death Story - They suspect fiancée Cynthia Kelley is hiding something
    OK so she can't swim, that answers my question about why she didn't pull him out of the pool. She tried to get him out with a shovel?

No matter the cause of death (unless foul play is involved) drugs/alcohol will still be a factor. I hope that the investigation/toxicology reports come back quickly so that he can finally rest in peace, and that his family can mourn without paparazzi photographing their every move.

+ Reply to Thread