+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

TMZ reported yesterday that Seth was out of the coma! That's good news! Get into a long term rehab Seth! I'm sure Dr. Drew would help him with that.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Wow! That is great news. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and into a long term recovery program!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I really hope this was his rock bottom and he finally gets sober and stays sober. He's got a lot to live for.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Like Debb and cablejockey said, the recovery rate for addicts is very low, no matter who their doctor is or which rehab they check into. Addicts generally relapse many times before they find long-term sobriety, if they ever find it. It's not realistic to expect all of the people on this show to get sober and stay sober. Addiction is just more complicated than that.

No way I was blaming Dr.Drew - I'm just saying whatever he is doing is not helping. I know far to well about addiction - have many in my family. Are there any celebs that are still clean?

I don't know, but I'd argue that if even one of the celebs is still clean, the show is worth it.
    beerbelly and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    No way I was blaming Dr.Drew - I'm just saying whatever he is doing is not helping. I know far to well about addiction - have many in my family. Are there any celebs that are still clean?
    About six months ago, Bob, the counselor who helps Dr. DRew, hosted a "Where are THey Now" special. He traveled around meeting with all their patients from Season ?, I can't recall the number. Bob even asked one girl to take a drug test to confirm she was actually clean. She did and she was clean! He also talked to their family members. It was pretty good and most of them were sober. You may be able to view it on VH1's website.

In this one he went to visit Seth and he was doing good according to the mother of his older child and his new girlfriend. Too bad he took a turn for the worst.
    NEPASue likes this.

My problem has been and always will be that there are many people on Dr. Drew's show that need a higher level of care than 28 day inpatient treatment or treatment that is specifically designed for dual diagnosis people or people with TBI's. But mostly that he has people in that treatment program who are not appropriate for that level of care and Seth was one of them. In the real world (where those of us mortals live) he would have gone to longer treatment.

Also the reality is that when he's detoxing these people as part of treatment they don't get any good treatment until they're fully detoxed. So Seth when he was there got maybe 1 week of treatment. Detoxing and treatment should be two separate programs. And if it's combined then the time in treatment thusly extended to compensate for the fact that one can't effectively receive treatment while detoxing.

He does these people a disservice by not putting them in the right level of care.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    About six months ago, Bob, the counselor who helps Dr. DRew, hosted a "Where are THey Now" special. He traveled around meeting with all their patients from Season ?, I can't recall the number. Bob even asked one girl to take a drug test to confirm she was actually clean. She did and she was clean! He also talked to their family members. It was pretty good and most of them were sober. You may be able to view it on VH1's website.

In this one he went to visit Seth and he was doing good according to the mother of his older child and his new girlfriend. Too bad he took a turn for the worst.
    I agree with Critical if even one person was helped it was worth it - I hadn't heard of anyone staying sober so I am glad there are a few

Here's a link for one of the shows. Celebrity Rehab:Revisited. It was done in four parts I think. One featured Leif Garrett, Janice Dickinson and Rachel Uchitel.

Celebrity Rehab 4 News, Celebrity Rehab 4 Videos, Celebrity Rehab 4 Photos

Rodney King was found at the bottom of his swimming pool today. No details yet if anything was found in his system. Amazing how many particiapnts of this show have died....

+ Reply to Thread