+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Am I crazy but did I see Saen Young on a Swiffer commercial?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Steven has always been one of the most stubborn people I have ever seen. He is just totally into his own thing and no matter what, he will not listen. Maybe it's brain damage. Really. I hope he stays off the hard stuff. I have read that you cannot overdose on pot.

Jessica was so obviously looking forward to get out of Rehab so she could get high that it wasn't funny. I don't even think she looked like she really wanted to stay sober. It was such a joke.

Sean was in a dream land if she thought she could stay sober while going back to a husband who is an active alcoholic. Everybody knows that's crazy. I don't even know why she would have gone into Rehab if she intended to go back to that kind of home. Maybe she needed the money.
    Is he an alcoholic? I was under the impression she was exaggerating. He might drink and drink regularly, but there's a big difference between that and someone who literally can't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post
    Is he an alcoholic? I was under the impression she was exaggerating. He might drink and drink regularly, but there's a big difference between that and someone who literally can't stop.
    Really? I got the definite impression from Dr. Drew when he was meeting with Sean and her husband that he was also an alcoholic, but that he would not go to meetings or any kind of rehab. Perhaps I was mistaken. Perhaps we will get our answer when they do her follow up.

But you know what? Even if he isn't, but just drinks socially and keeps alcohol in the house for himself and guests, it's asking for trouble. Sean will not be able to stay strong in her recovery around that kind of temptation, IMO. Let's see what Dr. Drew has to say.

I don't know much about how Keith Richards, Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page have lived in recovery for so many years, but I think it would be a hoot and help to have them come onto the show for a guest appearance. They could tell their story, answer questions and sign autographs. Even Steven Adler might take note. LOL

All of these men were horribly addicted to heroin and alcohol and almost killed them Somehow, before Rehab was in vogue, they got sober. They got their health and career back. Today they work like men half their age performing on stages around the world. They know something IMO.
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-08-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by debb70
    But you know what? Even if he isn't, but just drinks socially and keeps alcohol in the house for himself and guests, it's asking for trouble
    This is so true! Anyone in recovery needs to live in an alcohol-free environment, and I would think that has at least occurred to her husband. He should get rid of it all and resolve not to bring any more into the house, for any reason. If he wants a drink, or needs to entertain his friends with alcohol, he can do it in a bar or restaurant. Having to pay for it glass by glass might help him control his own habit, too.

Keith didn't sober up until like 2009. I remember reading the news when he finally quit drinking. He had given up the drugs awhile ago but it wasn't until really recently that talk of him not drinking anymore came up. And he has gone on to deny that he stopped drinking. I definitely wouldn't use Keith as the poster boy for sobriety by any stretch of imagination.

I don't think this show could afford those guys' appearance fees...

Does anyone notice the resemblance (sp?) between Amy Fishe'rs husband and Casey Anthony's father? Or is it just me?
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Does anyone notice the resemblance (sp?) between Amy Fishe'rs husband and Casey Anthony's father? Or is it just me?
    I said the same thing some time ago. It was either upthread here or maybe on some other board. They resemble and even act a little alike. They are both also retired from law It. Isn't that odd?

What did you think of Part II of the revisit? You gotta hand it to Mike to go around the country keeping tabs on their former patients. I like that. It's nice to see how the patients are doing after their release.

Sean admits that she left Rehab and went straight out to have a Margerita. Unreal. It's good her husband is staying away from her when he feels he has to drink. He says he drinks in moderation, but then admits he has a problem. Drinking 6-12 beers at one time? Yeah, I've known people who did this and they were very addicted. They also did vodka shots with the beer.

I can't figure out the girl from Survivor. (Her name escapes me.) She is either contantly crying or constantly laughing. I find that very annoying. Most of the time they are talking to her about serious issues, but she is smiling from ear to ear. What's there to have this huge smile about when you are admitting to your continued use of pot and alcohol. I wish Dr. Drew would asked to why she does that. I don't even know why she agreed to go to sober living. She doesn't seem to even have the desire to stop drinking and smoking pot. Am I missing something.

Steven is so frustrating. He voluntarily places himself with a bunch of alcohol and drug users when he knows he is not stable in his sobriety. I guess I will never understand him. I agree with Mike. I really wonder if Steven will survive. It's great he's off the hard stuff, but he does just enough to keep himself in danger. Man, I have never seen eyes like his. They are scary looking.
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-12-2011 at 12:04 PM.

CORRECTION to my post above. I said Mike, but I was referring to Bob, Bob Forest. Sorry.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I always got the impression from Amy that she wanted to pretend like none of that happened but still live off the fame (infamy) she got from it. I never once got the feeling over the years that she ever once wanted to stand up and be honest about what happened and take ownership of her part of it. It's always Joey's fault. Or the media's fault. Or every single other person out there's fault. It's never Amy's fault.

I've never seen her really sit down and honestly say "I tried to kill this woman and I feel remorse for that... etc." She's not behind honest with herself until she can start owning her own choices and mistakes in life. And if she's not going to be honest with herself she's going to be in a precarious position to relapse and go right back to where she was before... but of course that won't be Amy's fault either.
    You are 100% hitting the nail on the head. She needs to acknowledge that her actions created this life for her. Yes she was young and stupid, she still has to own up to it. Bob And Drew are correct in that her playing the victim role is going to be her continued downfall.

+ Reply to Thread