+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Fan

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

STUPID QUESTION: Was Michaelle Salahi EVER featured this season? I don't have DVR and haven't had a chance to watch it....

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady View Post
    STUPID QUESTION: Was Michaelle Salahi EVER featured this season? I don't have DVR and haven't had a chance to watch it....
    NOPE. There was some "rumor" that she was going to be on. Probably started by her messed up husband. Anyway, no she is not and has never been mentioned this season at all. What would be her reason for being in Celeb Rehab.....'habitual liar' maybe????? Not sure if Dr. Drew can help her with that........ugh.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

I didn't locate the Rolling Stone magazine link, however, I did find this article! OMG. It's pretty good. They seem even handed, but do have many critical points. Check it out.
    It covers Dr. Drew's background, old shows, new shows, education, etc. Very infomative.

Dr. Drew Feels Your Pain - Features - Los Angeles magazine

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    He does have the credentials for his medical degree, but from everything I know/read he doesn't have his Psychiatry degree which is a whole other step. He certainly has the education, but I'm not so sure how current his practices are and whether those would stand up to the continuing credits/education, etc. Some of his methods, on the show, really seem outdated and have been shown to be less effective.
    I completely agree with you canadian_angel, he is a big fan of using the 12 step method which has an extremely low success rate.** I also hate the way that AA and NA will place a label on you for life, for example...let's say that you had a problem with alcohol while really young ( Drew Barrymore for example) and received help for it and you never touched an alcoholic beverage for the rest of your life but yet you are still labeled an "alcoholic". It is completely bizarre and degrading.

The biggest problem I have with Dr. Drew and this show is that these people are being exploited for the benefit of ratings, in other words....Dr Drew is making money hand over fist while these "celebrities" are being exploited on national television for the benefit of money. These people are at the rock bottom and signed a contract while intoxicated on their drug of choice. I am sure if they could sign up for treatment away from the public eye, they would. There has got to be some sort of "ethics" issue that comes into play here as I know that when doctors take their "hippocratic oath" which is an oath all doctors take which is to ensure that all doctors practice medicine ethically. To exploit patients the way he does for ratings must cross that oath somehow.

I am not going to say that I will not watch the show because I will and that is wrong with the whole idea, he knows full well that their is a certain percentage of the public that loves to watch celebrities (or psuedo celebrities) in their real world but should be private.

** "A 5% success rate is nothing more than the rate of spontaneous remission in alcoholics and drug addicts. That is, out of any given group of alcoholics or drug addicts, approximately 5% per year will just wise up, and quit killing themselves.6 They just get sick and tired of being sick and tired, and of watching their friends die. (And something between 1% and 3% of their friends do die annually, so that is a big incentive.) They often quit with little or no official treatment or help. Some actually detox themselves on their own couches, or in their own beds, or locked in their own closets. Often, they don't go to a lot of meetings. They just quit, all on their own, or with the help of a couple of good friends who keep them locked up for a few days while they go through withdrawal. A.A. and N.A. true believers insist that addicts can't successfully quit that way, but they do, every day."

** The Effectiveness of the Twelve-Step Treatment

What the heck was that with Jeremy's sister? How could she possibly think that anyone could get a chuckle out of the biggest mistake they've ever made being made light of? Not to mention that a woman out there was shot in the face and I'm sure even she wouldn't find it funny.

Amy's husband is another issue. He helps her to stay in the victim role. After the last episode things regarding Amy are starting to make a lot of sense.

Jeremy's family didn't make it any better by calling the cops. Part of the problem with some of these people are their families. The lot of them are bananas!
    Kanga and Debb70 like this.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

The episode i saw last night must be at least a week behind what the rest of you see--Michael Lohan getting all shirty over his girlfriend not allowed to visit and Bai's revelations about sexual abuse when she was 14.
    Even if the good doctor is exploiting his celebrities, they are in turn trying to exploit him to get back on tv, and back in the headlines. Even if they accidentally get some insight to their addictions and stop for awhile, I think they are still getting some good out of being on the show.
    I noticed that in the next episode I'll be seeing, Amy Fisher's husband is ranting. I was surprised to see how much older he looks than her! Did she never get over her attaction to older men? (JOey)

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I read an article about him in Rolling Stone (the actual magazine, or I'd post the link) and it made me nauseous. This man has the whole world fooled in a way that is both terrifying and dangerous.
    I can't remember when Dr. Drew said it, but he has said that he scores high on narcissistic personality scales/etc and it doesn't surprise me. It's probably that part of his personality that he uses to fool people.

Buttafuco Face Shooter? And she didn't know it would be offensive ... !

This is nothing more than a parody of Zlisters wanting to get their mangled faces back on screen. And yet ... I watch. (Head hung in shame.)
    luvsginger likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Micaele Salahi actually was on the show they just didn't air the footage of her. She got there and Dr. Drew realized she actually didn't even have an addiction and sent her packing. They brought in the girl from Survivor to take her place after she left....that is why on the premiere she arrived a day or two after everyone else. I'm glad they just entirely edited her out of the show and didn't give her any more attention.
    mom2 likes this.

It also goes to show though, how desperate they are for "names" on the show and are willing to accept them without really looking into their addictions or why they're there. As if it would have been that hard to background check Micaele. Just another sign of how illegitimate this show is.

I agree, though, with being glad they edited her out completely and didn't give her an ounce of air time.

+ Reply to Thread