+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Newbie

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Ok, I am so addiced to this show. I want to point out something someone else had to see it. CHYNA AND BRIGETTE, seemed to chummy, I did not watch the show they were on. Do you all think that they may be a couple as they seemed to have this attraction to one another. I need your input on this.
    Thanks!

FORT Fanatic

I really like Dr. Drew also. I work for a psychiatrist who specializes in addiction medicine (but not in a treatment center) and their demeanors seem very similar to me. It's a mix of treating the patients as real people - not talking down to them, just talking to them, and also not falling into their games. Some clinicians choose to take the all-powerful, "you will listen to me, or else," stand. That way might work every once in a while, but not on the whole. There will be much more success if the patients are treated as people, but not taking any of their b*lls***. Dr. Drew seems to embrace that technique.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine59;2772481;
    Ok, I am so addiced to this show. I want to point out something someone else had to see it. CHYNA AND BRIGETTE, seemed to chummy, I did not watch the show they were on. Do you all think that they may be a couple as they seemed to have this attraction to one another. I need your input on this.
    Thanks!
    No, I don't think so. They got to be very good friends on The Surreal Life. I think they are just acting like young girls, happy to see their old friend again. I believe that Brigitte got married to Matti (we heard of him on The Surreal Life, and then saw him when Brigitte and Flavor Flav had their show). When the families/friends came to visit on this last episode, I think he was there visiting. I saw Brigitte hug a younger-looking guy with flowers, who looked a lot like him. (it was just a split-second shot, but I think it was him)

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat;2772482;
    I really like Dr. Drew also. I work for a psychiatrist who specializes in addiction medicine (but not in a treatment center) and their demeanors seem very similar to me. It's a mix of treating the patients as real people - not talking down to them, just talking to them, and also not falling into their games. Some clinicians choose to take the all-powerful, "you will listen to me, or else," stand. That way might work every once in a while, but not on the whole. There will be much more success if the patients are treated as people, but not taking any of their b*lls***. Dr. Drew seems to embrace that technique.
    Exactly! Very well put, aramcobrat. That's what I like about Dr. Drew so much. He's very no-nonsense but caring and treats them like real people, as you said. His sense of compassion as a human being and skill as a doctor dovetail nicely together and that's why I'm so enthralled with watching him.

I have a crush on Dr. Drew, too. He's seems to be kind and compassionate, and he can totally rock a black tee.

Yes Bridgitte got married to Matti.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2772559;
    I have a crush on Dr. Drew, too. He's seems to be kind and compassionate, and he can totally rock a black tee.
    dr. drew for president.

I've thought he was handsome for years now. Is he married?
    Yup, with donuts!!

He is married and has triplets that are around 15 years old (2 girls and a boy), according to wiki.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;2771798;
    Yup, it is on VH1...I just went to the online site and something is going to happen with Daniel and Mary and Daniel
    Click to see Spoiler:
    may have to leave the show for inappropriate texting with Mary.
    Oprah Magazine has an article on Celeb Rehab and an interview with Dr. Drew. Dr. Drew was kind of freaked out going into this project. Not sure if he explained why he did it though. And Danny Boy did something inappropriate but it wasn't what you read online. Well it could have been, I don't know if Oprah Magazine is any more reliable than online but it just seems to be. Anyway, we are on what? Day 4 of the rehab? The Danny incident happens day 6, I think.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Oprah interview said he showed pictures of inappropriate body parts - assumably his own - to Mary. He disappears from the show without much hoopla. He is just there one day and gone the next - they don't focus on the incident at all
    :
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread