+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Just saw the new lineup for Celebrity Rehab. I'm really shocked.

(Scroll up to see the story)

White House Party Crashers -- Headed to 'Rehab' | TMZ.com

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Whats starting to piss me off about this show is that all of the ones with the serious drug problems, relapse. Its setting a bad example for people who seek to get help because they see these people go in, see how hard is it and then see that in the end, they go right back to where they were and most of the time they are worse off.

If Drew had any sense he would starting doing real rehab or can the show. 21 days in basically a spa with therapy is not rehab!
    Relapse rates for addicts are extremely high - 75-95%. It wouldn't be realistic if every person on this show got clean and then never used again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

WTF? I know they get nobodies on this show but these are passed nobodies, I don't think these people even make the Z List as far as celebrities go.

Bai Ling? Michael Lohan? Yikes! And you know the Salahi's are only going on because RHODC isn't getting another season.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    WTF? I know they get nobodies on this show but these are passed nobodies, I don't think these people even make the Z List as far as celebrities go.

Bai Ling? Michael Lohan? Yikes! And you know the Salahi's are only going on because RHODC isn't getting another season.
    It's pretty lame, that's for sure. Maybe Dr. Drew thinks he can nab some big name at the last minute.

You know, it seems like Danny Bonaduce has been clean and sober for awhile now. Remember his show and all that drama with him? Now he seems clean and I see him from time to time as a guest speaker on substance abuse. He was very addicted. I wonder what his secret is. I know he and his wife are now divorced.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I'm curious about what their addiction is. This doesn't really seem the venue to receive help for compulsive lying, delusions of grandeur, or any of their other instabilities.

Well Doc Gooden is certainly the most famous of that bunch. Don't know why the crashers are there, or why you would treat a couple together.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Maybe for Salahi's are going to receive treatment for compulsive lying? It's a thing, lol.

Like Tommy Flanagan ... yeah, yeah that's it. That's the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie View Post
    Maybe for Salahi's are going to receive treatment for compulsive lying? It's a thing, lol.

Like Tommy Flanagan ... yeah, yeah that's it. That's the ticket.

Too funny.

I would like to see Charlie Sheen enter their rehab. Perhaps we could really see what he is going through. Remember how Dr. Drew has talked about how irritable, hostile and violent drug addicts become for weeks after coming off some drugs? It makes you wonder.

Debb, Charlie cured himself according to one interview. Nice going. He has had several clean drug tests. Now Brooke is in rehab again and her mother has the boys. His two Goddesses have to take tests too. I saw Dr. Drew discussing Charlie and he is quite sure that he is Bi-Polar, and appears to be quite manic right now.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

If people typically take uppers, which from the sounds of it Charlie did, it doesn't take much to pass a drug test as those drugs typically come out of your system very rapidly. So his passing of a drug test or two is not that impressive to me.

+ Reply to Thread