+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 101 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

You know my opinion on Celeb Rehab is that it simply is way toooooo short a stay. It seems like these celebs check in with some serious addictions and before we know it they are 'graduating' …

I watch the show Intervention, and the celebs on CR are no different than those shown on In. AND about 100% of these addicts are off to rehab for 90 days and then they
    are off to a sober house after that …

CR is just way too short. I wonder what the stats are of those that completed CR and stayed clean … hmmm …
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Not surprised about Mike. He was a sad case.....totally living in the past.

Yeah, they do have some seriously addicted people, however, there is hope. I sometimes think of VERY serious drug addicts who recovered from the past such as: Eric Clapton, Keith Richards and Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) If those guys made it and have stayed clean for all this time, certainly others can.

FORT Regular

So sad about Mike Starr but not unexpected. I was really rooting for him to succeed.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Seriously? He got arrested for having 6 xanax? And he came to Utah to start a band? Hmmm. Questionable judgement, at the least.

Jason Davis Charged -- Felony Heroin Possession

2/23/2011 4:30 PM PST by TMZ Staff

Jason Davis -- grandson of oil mogul Marvin Davis -- was just charged with felony possession of a controlled substance stemming from his heroin arrest last month ... this according to the Orange County D.A.'s Office.

Davis -- who was arrested in Newport Beach, CA on January 27 -- was also charged with being under the influence of a controlled substance and possessing drug paraphernalia -- both misdemeanors.

According to legal documents, Davis was allegedly high on a "Central nervous system stimulant (prescription medication) and narcotic analgesic (painkillers)" at the time of his arrest.

Davis faces up to three years in prison If convicted of all charges.
    Jason Davis Charged -- Felony Heroin Possession | TMZ.com

Sadly, I don't think he's hit bottom yet. Call me cynical, but I think his rock bottom may be in a morgue.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Jason Davis Charged -- Felony Heroin Possession | TMZ.com

Sadly, I don't think he's hit bottom yet. Call me cynical, but I think his rock bottom may be in a morgue.
    Well, like Lyndsay Lohan, the Judge should give Davis time in jail detox first and then off to jail.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Well, like Lyndsay Lohan, the Judge should give Davis time in jail detox first and then off to jail.

Because of his claim to fame they may protect him in a jail, but if Jason had to go into a real prison, I can't imagine how he would survive. I think they would chew him up and spit him out. Can you imagine? Hardened criminals would not tolerate his attitude and spoiled, bratty demands. It would be pititful. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him, but maybe it would scare him into reality.

Robert Downey, Jr. was sentenced to a prison for drug addicts. I wonder if it still exist. Jason could use that.

FORT Fanatic

Whats starting to piss me off about this show is that all of the ones with the serious drug problems, relapse. Its setting a bad example for people who seek to get help because they see these people go in, see how hard is it and then see that in the end, they go right back to where they were and most of the time they are worse off.

If Drew had any sense he would starting doing real rehab or can the show. 21 days in basically a spa with therapy is not rehab!

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Whats starting to piss me off about this show is that all of the ones with the serious drug problems, relapse. Its setting a bad example for people who seek to get help because they see these people go in, see how hard is it and then see that in the end, they go right back to where they were and most of the time they are worse off.

If Drew had any sense he would starting doing real rehab or can the show. 21 days in basically a spa with therapy is not rehab!

It's just a small step that's for sure, but I think it's all they can convince these people to do. More than that and it may be a show without patients. I guess Drew figures it's better than nothing.

Also, relapse is a part of the condition. It's going to happen. There's no way to remove that possibility, but even for those who relapse a lot, there are some days they are sober and that's a plus.

Sad story I just saw on Radaronline. Photos of Andy Dick (formerly of Sober Living) doing lines of what appeared to be cocaine off a bar in LA. My question is why is Andy in the bar? He knows bars are very dangerous places for him to go. I really wonder if he will ever stay clean.

+ Reply to Thread