+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Fanatic

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

The one thing I want to know about Rachel: How much money did Tiger Woods give her to make sure that his name is not brought up ONCE the entire season. Thats the reason shes famous! Had you been in a coma for most of last year and you turned this show on, you would have zero idea as to why she was a famous "tabloid celebrity".

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4179094;
    The one thing I want to know about Rachel: How much money did Tiger Woods give her to make sure that his name is not brought up ONCE the entire season. Thats the reason shes famous! Had you been in a coma for most of last year and you turned this show on, you would have zero idea as to why she was a famous "tabloid celebrity".
    It was a stipulation of her $10M payout. If she mentions him, she loses a huge chunk of that money, if not all.

10 Million Reasons Tiger Was Afraid of Rachel | TMZ.com
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4179110;
    It was a stipulation of her $10M payout. If she mentions him, she loses a huge chunk of that money, if not all.

10 Million Reasons Tiger Was Afraid of Rachel | TMZ.com
    I knew there was a payoff but I was just saying it had to be a hell of a sum of money to just have the thing totally forgotten about. 10 mil is quite a sum. I mean, thats why shes famous. For screwing up Tigers Woods' personal life. It wasnt even hinted at. Crazy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4180572;
    I knew there was a payoff but I was just saying it had to be a hell of a sum of money to just have the thing totally forgotten about. 10 mil is quite a sum. I mean, thats why shes famous. For screwing up Tigers Woods' personal life. It wasnt even hinted at. Crazy.
    I don't really think it's fair to blame Rachel for screwing up Tiger Woods' personal life. No, she shouldn't have been involved with a married man--but she wouldn't have been, had he not been equally willing to be involved with her. Tiger Woods' screwed up his own personal life by pursuing not only Rachel but, by all accounts, quite a number of other women while married. It's not as if he was an innocent bystander in all the affairs he chose to have.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4180865;
    I don't really think it's fair to blame Rachel for screwing up Tiger Woods' personal life. No, she shouldn't have been involved with a married man--but she wouldn't have been, had he not been equally willing to be involved with her. Tiger Woods' screwed up his own personal life by pursuing not only Rachel but, by all accounts, quite a number of other women while married. It's not as if he was an innocent bystander in all the affairs he chose to have.
    No I didnt mean that. I should have elaborated. I meant that the only reason shes famous is because she was the one that actually got the tabloids on the scent and then opened the flood gates for all the other attention seeking whores to come out of the woodwork. Look at what happened to all the other ones who came out after. No one knows nor cares who they were. Remember that one from another reality show who did whatever she could to get her name in the papers when it first happened? Jaime I think her name was. She was a total piece of garbage.

Tiger is 100% to blame for the entire thing. Rachel actually didnt want to be a part of it from the start. She actually had some decency and tried to lay low while the media went after her like sharks.

FORT Fogey

I see Gary Busey's picture on the previews for Trumps Celebrity Apprentice. Hopefully, this tells us that he has cleaned up his life and ready to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4179094;
    After thinking about it, you're right! The season finale was really the only time that they so obviously (yet subtly) alluded to it.

To me Rachel came across as someone who truly wanted to self destruct by choosing to treat herself with disrespect via indiscriminate sex and adultery. She didn't, IMO come across as elated or proud of her behavior and I had no trouble throughout the show picking up on why she chose to do what she did regarding Tiger Woods. She didn't mention his name, but she did talk about the addiction to `love' (even knowing full well it is a fantasy and a self destructive one at that) I think some women, when they loathe themselves, find meaningless sex and adulterous affairs addictive because in their minds it reinforces their belief they are not worthy of being treated with decency and that they are only good for one thing. I really thought, going into the show, I would hate her and judge her harshly, but the more I learned about her life and listened to her I realized she was simply trying to survive her own agonies-not in a healthy way and certainly she inflicted damage on Elin Woods, but knowing Rachel's life story a bit better and seeing her sincerely try to figure it all out(at least in my mind), I came away realizing we are all more than just one thing and one mistake or even a series of mistakes shouldn't be used to judge the whole of another person's life (well, Unless you are truly evil) We are all imperfect and frail morally, just in different ways.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

P.S. Hope Eric Roberts slows down a bit on his workload ( at least a half a dozen major movies now in the works as well as the on-going Y&R gig). Sounds like he could get side tracked from working on the feelings and memories he needs to address. Also happy to know he is so commited to working the program, showing up to all the meetings, calling Bob frequently. Such a contrast to the Jasons.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Rember Mike Starr? Seems like he may have relapsed. I just saw this.

'Celeb Rehab' Rocker -- Busted with Prescription Pills | TMZ.com

It seems like Mike used to do Herion. Hopefully, he hasn't gone back to that.

+ Reply to Thread