+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Did you see that the two Jasons are living together? They are working on a joint venture involving a Sober Living TV Network. I think it's a great idea.

Hibernating

I watched the first 70 minutes then I had to get to bed. I really hope they all make it, but sadly, I think a couple of them still don't get it. Leif, Frankie, and Jason D. seem to be very high risk to me...they have to get in a program and stick with it. They cannot "do it on their own" no matter how stubborn they are.

This show and shows like Intervention really get me. It is heartbreaking to watch these people struggle...It also has helped me change my whole opinion about addicts. It just is not a black and white, cut and dried situation. I have learned not to be so judgemental...

I truly believe that no one really "chooses" this for their life. No one would really want this for their life. People are broken...many of us are all probably broken in some way or another...some people are just so broken that they cannot deal with life and I think they try to escape, and then with addiction, just end up stuck. When you are and addict, in the throws of it, you don't have to deal with your demons that sent you to that point to begin with...I think of the pain, dissapointment, fear, desperation, etc., that these people must have felt in life to drive them to this. It is like a vicious cycle...Like I said, heartbreaking.

I know Jason D. is a total jerk and comes off as arrogant and non-chalant about all of it, and I don't care for that, but all I see when I look at him is a hurt little dejected boy who just wants to be loved, yet doesn't really even know how to accept love. The mom in me just cries for him. It is heart wrenching.

I cried this season when Eric Roberts was having his epiphany during his one on one with Dr. Drew...when it hit him that he was never going to get what he had expected out of life...That was also so heart wrenching...watching a dream die and someone letting it go...I always loved him...He was such a critically acclaimed actor with all kinds of potential and it just never really completely happened for him. It must be kind of hard watching his sister (who in my opinion doesn't even come close to him acting ability wise) rise to the top. She acheived his dream. I don't know, it is just sad.

They all have sad stories and tugged at my heart this season. Each one of them really got to me. It was nice to see them all there last night. Hopefully I can catch the rest of the show on rerun or online. As I said, I hope thay all make it. I really do.

Luv2Lurk, I just realized who Eric's sister is (Julia). I had no idea. Oh well, I feel kind of silly. I can see what you mean about how he might feel about his career. Of course, acting is a career that you usually have to make it big while you are young and your looks are the best.

I think Eric is a much better actor than Julia. I have never liked her acting. It's too obvious for my taste. Eric is much more natural.

I tried to watch this last night, but there were so many sound problems, not sure if it was VH1 trying to jump the gun when Jason D was talking or if it was my cable carrier, but I got frustrated and turned it off. I will try to catch it on rerun. I havent seen every ep this season, but I did catch RU when she met the other widow at the towers site, I had no idea about the 9/11 issue in her past, but I see her in a whole new light.

This season has affected (or is it effected?) me more than past seasons, and I havent even see the whole thing! NOt sure why.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4166454;
    Did anyone see the reunion show last night? They went ahead and broadcast it live last night at 10:00 eastern. It was really good. I'm sure it will be rerun for the next couple of weeks.

It was really good. I'm not sure how much I should say since many of you may not have seen it yet. I will say that Leif is so frustrating. Dr. Drew is very concerned about him. He is so stubborn. He's still on this kick that he has to do this recovery alone and so he won't go to meetings or any kind of formal support. Basically he's just trying to stay strong. I don't think he understands that his ego to kick it on his own is lying to him. Nobody cares about he doing it alone. Just so he stays alive. He made me angry.

They had some pretty good reports on some people and everybody was there, even Gummy Bear and Frankie! I hope you watch it soon. I would like to discuss it. I think that kind of show is a great idea.
    Once a show has aired, we don't consider anything to be a spoiler and you can discuss it all you want.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watched it and overall thought it was a great show. I am so glad Dr. Drew is ok. Ugh, some illness he got overseas. Ugh.

Anyway, I applaud the two Jason's for starting a program that will keep them focused on their sobriety. The last epi of The Hills (or near the end) Jason was engaged, so I am guessing that is over.

Frankie, is the one that scares me. She has admitted to using alcohol since leaving the program. Oh, crap. And now with some family issues, that right there may be a red flag that she may go back to her bad habits.

Eric, I know is doing well. He is on Y&R and I watch him often as he has a recurring role on the show. It was suppose to be 6 weeks when he started in July and he is still on now!!!! And he plays 'evil' well!!!!

Not sure about Leif ugh.
    KAREN

Please tell me more about Eric's role on Y&R. I sometimes see it on the replay station. I haven't seem him yet though.

Franki just doesn't get it. She still doesn't understand that working fulltime on her sobriety is the most important thing in her life. She has no business trying to deal with family issues. Family issues my foot. She let alcohol and drugs keep her from her family. Why not give her sobriety a chance? Franki is not in a position to help or support anyone. She needs intensive care for a long time. The fact she casually says she' been tied up with family issues is just an excuse to avoid dealing with her issues. She is choosing to follow her own path rather than take the advice of highly trained professionals. It's insane.

Leif is the same way. Any guess what he will do when his mother passes away? He's so full of himself it hurts. He must have been so spoiled as a kid. He has never really grown up. He needs to have lunch with Robert Downey, Jr. I wish that Dr. Drew could get Robert Downey, Jr come and speak to the patients sometime. If they won't listen to him, they won't listen to anyone. I'd like to see him challenge Leif on his stubborn, know-it-all attitude.

Jason Davis Mug Shot -- Arrested For Drug Possession | TMZ.com
    Jason Davis -- the famously inebriated grandson of Marvin Davis and alum of "Celebrity Rehab" -- was arrested last night in Newport Beach, CA. for possession of a controlled substance ... TMZ has learned.

Jason Davis Mug Shot
    The arrest comes a day after the "Celebrity Rehab" live reunion show, in which Jason claimed to be clean.

Davis -- brother of Brandon Davis -- is otherwise known on TMZ as Gummi Bear. He's been busted for heroin in th past.

Davis is being held on $20,000 bail.

UPDATE: Dr. Drew, host of "Celebrity Rehab," tells TMZ, "Jason was honest about his struggles with his sobriety on the reunion show. Hopefully, now that there are legal conquesces, further treatment will be mandated, which he so desperately needs. As I said when I saw him Wednesday, we care for him very deeply and we are here for him."
    Well. That was quicker than expected.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4168735;
    OMG. That makes me wonder if his roommate Jason is really sober too.

FORT Fogey

He claimed to be clean, but he did make light of what he said were several relapses between the Malibu rehab and other attempts at rehab.....or did I not understand what he said? So what was his interpretation of "clean"---that he showered that day?? Really, no surprise at reading this.

+ Reply to Thread