+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 101 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4156549;
    That was a satisfying ending for CR...I had more sympathy for RU having seen that.
    her life story is a perfect illustration about never really knowing what another person has gone through-we all judge people but we don't really know them, even people in our own lives-they carry around secrets and sorrows but we don't know that. We judge them without knowing them. I'm not saying to excuse bad behavior, but you can at least understand it. Not only did she lose her fiancée in the 9/11 attacks but she was on the phone with him as the attack happened. Add in her father overdosing...
    in order to survive terrible life experiences people will do anything, in some cases, to survive-including destroying themselves and making terrible personal choices that can be morally bankrupt. I think a lot of people who have gone through very bad things believe they are bad and so engage in behavior that is self fulfilling. Whether that's drug addiction, sleeping with married men, drinking. I think a person can be so miserable, so despondent that they cannot see themselves as `good.' Especially if they have been subjected to repeated abuse-particularly verbal that makes them believe they are a piece of garbage.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4147627;
    Part of my problem is that I just dont get addiction. I just dont see how someone who does Herion and becomes addicted to it has a 'disease'. They did the drug and knew what was eventually going to happen.

Ive watch addicts Ive known who have no desire to change drag others into their addiction because they cant stand to do it alone. Ive found that addicts have no problem dragging others down with them. Given, that other person has the control and will power to say no but from what ive come to understand about Oxy/Opiates and Heroin, once you get started, stopping is next to impossible. If Jason wants to kill himself, more power to him. Maybe it was heartless to say he should just OD and get it over with but if it means he cant bring someone else into that world, then its fine by me. I watched a very close friend lose his life because of heroin while the person who got him hooked on it walks around without any remorse or desire to change. When I asked him how that person dying wasnt a wake up call he gave me this whole speech about how things like that make people use more because 'its how it is'. Like I said my friend made the choice to use but he might have never gone there had this person not brought him into it.

I think its an amazing thing when someone seeks out the help they need, submit to their sickness and turn their life around. Watching this show and reading what has happened since the show was on the air, I just dont see Jason Davis doing anything but killing himself. Hes a disgusting entitled spoiled brat. A team of Drs tell him that hes going to die and he just laughs at them.
    That laughter is fear. You learn to couch your true feelings in a cavalie, disrespectful attitude because real feelings hurt too much, so does the truth. That's part of addiction, numbing out feelings and ther inability to deal with reality. Every single recovering addict will tell you at some point they were where Jason Davis is now. Yes, he is rich and spoiled but we don't know him on a personal level so we don't know what his real life experiences have been.Would i like to smack him upsuide the head? Yes!
    I am quite sure a lot of family and friends at some point think to themselves, after their loved one has overdosed for the umpteenth time " I wish they would just get it over with because I can't take this anymore, I don't have a life, this is hell, othe people need me, I need a break..." but, it's just a feeling and certainly not the truth of the matter. It's frustration and exhaustion and sadness and anger all mixed together.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

FORT Fogey

The Network is advertising a "live" reunion show tomorrow. I don't recall that happening in previous shows, but I am interested to see who shows up and their situation.

Apparently, the reunion taping got postponed because Dr. Drew contracted Leptospirosis during a recent trip to the West Indies.

From Vh1.com

Due to an unforeseen illness, VH1’s been forced to switch up production on the Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew reunion special, previously scheduled to tape earlier this week, and will now air the show LIVE on Wednesday January 26 at 10pm ET/PT. Members of the cast, which included Eric Roberts (The Expendables), Jeremy London (Party of Five, 7th Heaven), Rachel Uchitel (infamous party planner), Janice Dickinson (The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency), Leif Garrett (musician), Frankie Lons (Keyshia Cole’s mother), Jason Wahler (The Hills) and Jason Davis (socialite), will make a return visit to Dr. Drew and share their stories of courage and redemption and in some cases, relapse - without the safety of editing. This sure-to-be explosive special will broadcast LIVE from a studio in Hollywood this Wednesday, January 26th at 10/9C.

I remember a reunion show on Mary Carey's season but I don't remember if it was live or not.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4163398;
    I remember a reunion show on Mary Carey's season but I don't remember if it was live or not.
    I think it was. They were all on a stage and all sat around in a big circle and talked. I can barely remember it as it was a few years ago. Wasn't that the season with Jeff Conaway?
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Mtlgrl;4163107;
    Apparently, the reunion taping got postponed because Dr. Drew contracted Leptospirosis during a recent trip to the West Indies.

From Vh1.com

Due to an unforeseen illness, VH1’s been forced to switch up production on the Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew reunion special, previously scheduled to tape earlier this week, and will now air the show LIVE on Wednesday January 26 at 10pm ET/PT. Members of the cast, which included Eric Roberts (The Expendables), Jeremy London (Party of Five, 7th Heaven), Rachel Uchitel (infamous party planner), Janice Dickinson (The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency), Leif Garrett (musician), Frankie Lons (Keyshia Cole’s mother), Jason Wahler (The Hills) and Jason Davis (socialite), will make a return visit to Dr. Drew and share their stories of courage and redemption and in some cases, relapse - without the safety of editing. This sure-to-be explosive special will broadcast LIVE from a studio in Hollywood this Wednesday, January 26th at 10/9C.

I can't wait. It looks interesting.

Poor Dr. Drew. I don't know what he caught, but it sounds horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4163646;
    I think it was. They were all on a stage and all sat around in a big circle and talked. I can barely remember it as it was a few years ago. Wasn't that the season with Jeff Conaway?
    I think that was one of the Jeff seasons. I can't remember who else was on. I just remember watching because I read in an adult magazine about Mary post-show and I was curious about what all was going to come out on the reunion. But overall it was a very uneventful reunion. Lots of relapses from what I remember.

Did anyone see the reunion show last night? They went ahead and broadcast it live last night at 10:00 eastern. It was really good. I'm sure it will be rerun for the next couple of weeks.

It was really good. I'm not sure how much I should say since many of you may not have seen it yet. I will say that Leif is so frustrating. Dr. Drew is very concerned about him. He is so stubborn. He's still on this kick that he has to do this recovery alone and so he won't go to meetings or any kind of formal support. Basically he's just trying to stay strong. I don't think he understands that his ego to kick it on his own is lying to him. Nobody cares about he doing it alone. Just so he stays alive. He made me angry.

They had some pretty good reports on some people and everybody was there, even Gummy Bear and Frankie! I hope you watch it soon. I would like to discuss it. I think that kind of show is a great idea.

I'm watching the clips on vh1.com - they don't have the full episode up yet, which is disappointing. But I was encouraged to see that Eric's relationship with his stepson has continued. Hopefully some real healing began there.

Also, Rachel looks gorgeous!

Jason Davis "after that i went to Malibu, a little relapse, went somewhere else, another little relapse..." he was so flippant about that part, it makes me nervous about his seriousness of what lifelong sobriety requires. I think *maybe* Jason Wahler gets it. We'll see I guess.
    _(Moo!)

+ Reply to Thread