+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1007
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

  1. #701
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4146934;
    I swore I saw Eric Roberts on the Y&R yesterday. I was flipping during the massive snowstorm and focused on this character and tried to figure out who he was....and I thought it was Eric since his face is so distinctive. Anybody know if he got a soap opera gig?
    Yes indeed, you saw him and I will say I have been watching him longer on Y&R (he joined the show in July '10) then his time on Celeb Rehab. When I heard (while watching him on Y&R) that he was doing CR, I was confused ... I did not realize he had any addictive issues.
    Anyway, it appears he is getting that all handled with the help of CR and Dr. Drew AND he plays a really evil lawyer on Y&R and does a FAB job of it. His term was to only be for something like 6 weeks ... he is STILL on Y&R!
    KAREN

  2. #702
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,174

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4145487;
    Im sorry you feel that way but I stand behind what I said. I have seen first hand what a selfish addict can do to a family. Its horrible. Family members doing whatever they can to help someone only to have them lie to their face and take advantage of whatever they can. Everytime when the addict pretends to be getting better only to be lying again, its a pain that family has to go through. Then when they finally do die, family members who tried to do so much are left to live with the pain that they didnt do enough and blame themselves. It ruins everyone else. I guess what I should have said is he needs to tell his family he doesnt care about them and then OD. That way they can move on knowing they couldnt do anything instead of having to watch him constantly relapse and ruin his life and rip their hearts out.

    I just read online that Davis' family had yet another intervention with Tom Arnold (guess hes a family friend). He went to Rehab and left after ONE DAY. Im sorry I sound like a cold hearted bastard but I cant stand that this entitled piece of garbage seems to have no desire to help himself.
    Great to hear that Eric is working. That's a good sign I guess.

    I have heard the interveners on the show Intervention and also the blonde woman that does them too, (Wondzyack) say this about family members of addicts or alcoholics. They say that when the family member is refusing to stay in recovery/rehab/treatment, then the family should say their goodbyes to them and go ahead and do their grieving as if the person is dead. They should not not acknowledge them in anyway except to give them a ride to a rehab facility or support meeting. They should not do anything else, including taking phone calls or allowing them to come on their property. Not to give them food and no money either. They say you have to protect yourself and it's the only way to show the addict just how serious you are about their condition. If you don't separate yourself, they will ruin your life too. Most families don't do that though and their lives' are totally consumed with the addict.

  3. #703
    FORT Fan RealityRealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EARTH the Reality Show
    Posts
    354

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4145487;
    Im sorry you feel that way but I stand behind what I said. I have seen first hand what a selfish addict can do to a family. Its horrible. Family members doing whatever they can to help someone only to have them lie to their face and take advantage of whatever they can. Everytime when the addict pretends to be getting better only to be lying again, its a pain that family has to go through. Then when they finally do die, family members who tried to do so much are left to live with the pain that they didnt do enough and blame themselves. It ruins everyone else. I guess what I should have said is he needs to tell his family he doesnt care about them and then OD. That way they can move on knowing they couldnt do anything instead of having to watch him constantly relapse and ruin his life and rip their hearts out.

    I just read online that Davis' family had yet another intervention with Tom Arnold (guess hes a family friend). He went to Rehab and left after ONE DAY. Im sorry I sound like a cold hearted bastard but I cant stand that this entitled piece of garbage seems to have no desire to help himself.
    Please don't feel sorry for my feeling that there is hope for everyone- I am glad to feel that way. You have stated in the above post that "he needs to tell his family he doesnt care about them and then OD." Really? You are saying that he should just OD. And how do you know if he cares about his family? Maybe he does but just can't care about himself. It still floors me that anyone would say that someone should just OD. With all due respect I think that is a horrible thing to say or think, and I have lost family members to addiction as well. If I could have them back I would give anything. To say that another person should just go ahead and die to me is heartless and lacking understanding about this horrible debilitating disease and suffering. Yes addicts' behavior is often horrible and hard to understand and hurts others. But to say oh they should just die? I don't agree at all. Yes families sometimes need to separate themselves, not enable, and not be consumed by the behavior. But that is not the same as just saying the person should go ahead and OD.

    Redsox girl's post says it all- wonderfully said.
    Last edited by RealityRealmer; 01-13-2011 at 11:28 PM.

  4. #704
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    444

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;4147601;
    Please don't feel sorry for my feeling that there is hope for everyone- I am glad to feel that way. You have stated in the above post that "he needs to tell his family he doesnt care about them and then OD." Really? You are saying that he should just OD. And how do you know if he cares about his family? Maybe he does but just can't care about himself. It still floors me that anyone would say that someone should just OD. With all due respect I think that is a horrible thing to say or think, and I have lost family members to addiction as well. If I could have them back I would give anything. To say that another person should just go ahead and die to me is heartless and lacking understanding about this horrible debilitating disease and suffering. Yes addicts' behavior is often horrible and hard to understand and hurts others. But to say oh they should just die? I don't agree at all. Yes families sometimes need to separate themselves, not enable, and not be consumed by the behavior. But that is not the same as just saying the person should go ahead and OD.

    Redsox girl's post says it all- wonderfully said.
    Part of my problem is that I just dont get addiction. I just dont see how someone who does Herion and becomes addicted to it has a 'disease'. They did the drug and knew what was eventually going to happen.

    Ive watch addicts Ive known who have no desire to change drag others into their addiction because they cant stand to do it alone. Ive found that addicts have no problem dragging others down with them. Given, that other person has the control and will power to say no but from what ive come to understand about Oxy/Opiates and Heroin, once you get started, stopping is next to impossible. If Jason wants to kill himself, more power to him. Maybe it was heartless to say he should just OD and get it over with but if it means he cant bring someone else into that world, then its fine by me. I watched a very close friend lose his life because of heroin while the person who got him hooked on it walks around without any remorse or desire to change. When I asked him how that person dying wasnt a wake up call he gave me this whole speech about how things like that make people use more because 'its how it is'. Like I said my friend made the choice to use but he might have never gone there had this person not brought him into it.

    I think its an amazing thing when someone seeks out the help they need, submit to their sickness and turn their life around. Watching this show and reading what has happened since the show was on the air, I just dont see Jason Davis doing anything but killing himself. Hes a disgusting entitled spoiled brat. A team of Drs tell him that hes going to die and he just laughs at them.

  5. #705
    FORT Fan RealityRealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EARTH the Reality Show
    Posts
    354

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Hey I think he is a jerk and a brat too. But I still don't want him or anyone else to just go and OD.

  6. #706
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,490

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Codependency is an addiction as strong as any drug. Many people have the misconception that their codependence is cured once their addict is either recovering or out of their lives. It most certainly is not. The addict, in the end, can contribute to your happiness or misery but they are not responsible for it. The addict need not die for someone to let go of the misery of another person's addiction. This is when the codependent has to decide to kick their own habit. It is not easy. It is far easier to believe that a rehabilitated addict will make their lives easier. Yes, it would, but the codependent will still be just that without help-a codependent. Driving themselves to the verge of insanity trying to pick up the pieces of everything around them. When the addict is "fixed", they will just seek out the next person, place or thing to fix. Or they simply will once again attach their happiness or sadness to someone else. A codependent will simply find another "host". Again, it is a deeper illness than people are led to believe. Often, family members need an Al-Anon or Nar-Anon program or maybe even Codependents Anonymous. For the young ones there is Al-Ateen In other words, they need to work 12steps the way an addict works 12 steps sometimes. In the case where minors are involved, and they can't step away from the situation and the sober adults around them don't remove them-well that's simply breeding ground for future addicts and codependents. Vicious cycle, but death is not the only alternative to an addicts recovery. The choice to rehabilitate yourself and recover is a far more realistic choice. The ruins of not being able to seperate yourself from the situation in a healthy manner will live on long after an addict dies.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 01-14-2011 at 12:44 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  7. #707
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Great post, KeepitReal!

    I agree with RealityRealmer... I would never wish death on a human being for being addict. Personally, I've had to withdraw from certain people in my life for my own sanity. It was the most difficult thing I ever had to do, but it is what it is. I would never wish death on them for the pain they have inflicted and I know that they will never change so I have no hopes for a relationship in the future. I've mourned but my life is better now and I have accepted that I will not have certain people in my life that others take for granted. This is due to psychological illnesses that have been unresolved and unaccepted by those who are ill.
    I can think of so many reasons families suffer. Psychological illness of a family member, addiction, abuse, the list goes on... none of these people are deserving of death because people have suffered because of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggety22
    If Jason wants to kill himself, more power to him. Maybe it was heartless to say he should just OD and get it over with but if it means he cant bring someone else into that world, then its fine by me. I watched a very close friend lose his life because of heroin while the person who got him hooked on it walks around without any remorse or desire to change. When I asked him how that person dying wasnt a wake up call he gave me this whole speech about how things like that make people use more because 'its how it is'. Like I said my friend made the choice to use but he might have never gone there had this person not brought him into it.
    I am sorry about the loss of your friend. I also understand your anger at the person who used with your friend.
    I guess all I'd like to say about it is that the guy who "brought him into it" was also "brought into" drug use at some point of his life. He really isn't any different than your friend in that way... though perhaps more advanced in his addiction.
    The key statement is "he may never gone there had this person..." He did go there, unfortunately. Drugs are rampant, and anyone could offer drugs to anyone at anytime. It is our choice to say no or decide to take them. I know it's hard to accept, and again, I am really sorry for your loss. But every addict was once a non-user and has at least someone who loved them and needed them before they changed into addicts. And everyone has the potential to change their lives... I've seen stories of the worst kind of selfish, ugly people turn their lives around completely. I hope that happens to Gummi-Bear, for his sake as well as those around him.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 01-14-2011 at 04:21 PM.

  8. #708
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    810

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    I still sob when I hear September 11 stories. It's so sad to hear how much pain these people are still in.

  9. #709
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,149

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    That was a satisfying ending for CR...I had more sympathy for RU having seen that.

  10. #710
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,174

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4156549;
    That was a satisfying ending for CR...I had more sympathy for RU having seen that.
    You know she wasn't a horrible person as I had expected. She did herself a service by going on there, because I think she came off in a much more positive light than when she went on. I guess she really had nothing to lose.

    Will they be filming those going to Sober Living? I hope Gummy Bear makes it. And Leif Garrett, man, that guy is stubborn.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.