+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 101 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

I hope they were listening when Jeremy's father said "One day at a time ... "

I'm glad Eric's stepson took that step and hope they can continue to have a healthy relationship from now on.

I hate that Jason Davis is poking fun at all of this ... asking Leif to bring him a drink? Why is he even there? Either he wants to get better - in which case, remove the cameras - or he doesn't, in which case remove him from those that do.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Wow - what an emotional episode. The stepson, Jeremy's dad's talk, Frankie and Rachel's moms letter just made me cry. I'm totally moved.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Regular

Scummy bear is just Even Dustin Diamond has a minimal level of acting ability. I literally don't see any redeeming human quality that he might even possess.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4134292;
    I hope they were listening when Jeremy's father said "One day at a time ... "

I'm glad Eric's stepson took that step and hope they can continue to have a healthy relationship from now on.

I hate that Jason Davis is poking fun at all of this ... asking Leif to bring him a drink? Why is he even there? Either he wants to get better - in which case, remove the cameras - or he doesn't, in which case remove him from those that do.

Do you recall a session that Dr. Drew had with Frankie and they discussed maturity levels. Dr. Drew says a person stops maturing at the age they became an addict. So if Frankie became an alcoholic at age 14, then she's mentally about 14 now. The same goes for Jason. He obviously has the maturity level of a 10 year child. It's pathetic.

I find it amusing how these patients are so adamant about how THEY know what they should and should not do, not the profiessionals. It's almost funny. It's like Dr. Drew said to Leif. Would Leif argue with the doctor about how to treat colon cancer or hypertension? No, they would not rely on their own knowlegde to treat it, but they constantly stand up in opposition to what the professionals advise.

I think Shelly is really suffering from burn out. I think she needs to take a different job for a few years. She has lost her patience and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4140366;
    I think Shelly is really suffering from burn out. I think she needs to take a different job for a few years. She has lost her patience and it shows.
    I think that's partially true, but I also have to wonder if some of it isn't the type of ridiculousness that she has to put up with. It seems that the outlandish behaviours and over-the-top clients/celebs increases with every edition.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4140537;
    I think that's partially true, but I also have to wonder if some of it isn't the type of ridiculousness that she has to put up with. It seems that the outlandish behaviours and over-the-top clients/celebs increases with every edition.
    Yes, that's true, but she knows this and should expect it. You really have to have the patience of a saint. If you let their bizarre behavior pull you down to their level, it only makes the situation worse.

Mental health professionals have to have a very strong sense of self and not let the sick person nag them into lashing out...no matter what. It's a tall order, but it must be that way. You can't blame a patient for making a professional provider cross the line. I think this girl is very good at her job, but that she needs a change of scenery. She looks fed up and tired of those patients. They know how to push her buttons and she falls for it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4140537;
    This group is just too many people who are way too difficult and seem to have no intent of changing. To me its almost like she knows this and is sick of the TV show exploiting the disease. I agreed with her 100% that she should get mad about Leif and Bob was acting like a douche about the whole thing.

Eric really is the only one I can see benefiting from this. Rachel, I have yet to see what purpose she has on this show. Jeremy London is just a needy 'look at me, look at me' tool. He should have acted like a man and confronted his wife instead of those passive aggressive jabs he took at her. I would bet 1000 bucks that Frankie leaves and buys a bottle of Vodka and drinks it immediately. Scummy Bear, he has no chance. He should just go OD and save his family the years of torment he is going to bring upon them.

I loved how Janice was crying when they showed the video. Not one tear down that plastic face of hers. Cant wait til the Janice Show next week. God I despise that attention whore.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4140598;
    Mental health professionals have to have a very strong sense of self and not let the sick person nag them into lashing out...no matter what. It's a tall order, but it must be that way. You can't blame a patient for making a professional provider cross the line. I think this girl is very good at her job, but that she needs a change of scenery. She looks fed up and tired of those patients. They know how to push her buttons and she falls for it.
    I haven't seen the episode yet so I'm not sure I can comment exactly how it happened.

I agree though that MH Professionals have a certain decorum that they need to adhere to. Though, to call someone on their BS can also be extremely important. But there is a difference between calling someone on what they're doing and lashing out at them.

FORT Fogey

I sometimes wonder if Shelley takes the brunt of the nastiness from some celebrities simply because she is a woman. I don't think some of the stuff that gets flung at her would get flung at, say, Will. She has to take the crappy sexist comments from people like Jason, but aside from that, because she doesn't have the physical presence of Will, the patients may figure, "Well, really, what can she do to me?" Not that I think Will would whale on anyone, but the patients may feel that if he lost his temper, he could do more damage than someone like Shelley, so she's safer to bait.

There are times when I think Dr. Drew should really stand up for Shelley more. And, yeah, maybe she needs a break, at least from the celebrity rehab side of things. They obviously treat other people there who perhaps aren't so used to expecting others to treat them as if they are special or privileged.

By the way, I thought Dr. Drew was a bit short with Leif, when Leif said that Mackensie's piece about having to put her dog down got to him because his own dog was very ill. Dr. Drew responded that no one loved animals more than he did, but he was tired of putting people in the ground and he wanted the focus to remain on that. I don't think that the fact that Leif mentioned the dog's death affecting him meant that he was thinking solely about that dog or his dog. I think he was probably identifying with Mac too, which means his focus wasn't entirely straying from humans. Besides, it was an honest reaction that Leif was willing to share that was clearly important to him (and to the rest of them, as basically all of them, except for Frankie, were tearing up at that point). I don't think it should have been brushed off or treated as if it was inappropriate or tangential to the matters at hand. Also, as a therapist, Dr. Drew really ought to know how often dogs and other animals are an important part of the therapy process for patients. Or maybe I'm just being hyper-sensitive about that remark because my dog, who does therapy work, is having some health issues at the moment.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4141069;
    There are times when I think Dr. Drew should really stand up for Shelley more. And, yeah, maybe she needs a break, at least from the celebrity rehab side of things. They obviously treat other people there who perhaps aren't so used to expecting others to treat them as if they are special or privileged.
    There are entitled and unappreciative people from all walks of life, and there are definitely people in rehab centers who are simply there to placate family members or follow mandatory court orders, rather than expressing a true desire to get better. Even though some of the behavior on Celebrity Rehab is over the top and probably for the cameras, I get the impression that some of the crap Shelly puts up with is probably just par for the course in her profession. Not every patient can be an Eric Roberts.

Even though we haven't seen very much of Rachel Uchitel or Jason Wahler, I get the impression that it's because they're trying to keep a low profile and work on their recovery. Based on some of the "after show" updates floating around the web, it appears that they are among the most successful cast members in keeping their sobriety and working on their issues. Rachel apparently still sees Dr. Drew and Bob for regular weekly sessions. Whether or not you agree with what she did as far as the Tiger Woods scandal, I think her effort on Celebrity Rehab is sincere.

As far as Scummy Bear goes...I agree with Giggity that he would probably be better off OD'ing. He doesn't seem to possess any sort of redeeming quality to society. Even if he were to get clean, which the odds seem to be slim to none on that, he's still overprivileged, lazy and spoiled, and would just slowly suck his trust fund dry.

+ Reply to Thread