+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Eric Roberts has been clean and sober sincethe show finihsed filming -I believe it's around 130 plus days at this point. He said that despite the mayhem he learned more in two weeks than he's learned in the last 30 years. He did say it was incredibly difficult to stay focused due to the chaos and that was a constant source of frustration for him as it set off all sorts of panic issues as much of his youth was spent in a physically and emotionally abusive environment. On the show He regrets lashing out the way he did, but often felt as if certain people in there were running the show and taking away valuable time from the rest of the group. Case in point, Shelly stopping a group only minutes in because she was being disrespected by three of the participants. He felt his needs and the needs of the serious patients were being compromised by the out of control behavior of the others. I think the interview ran on ET. Also, he continues to be a working actor and devotes much of his time along with his wife Eliza on creating better learning environments for grade school children-it's something he's been doing for years. They also work with various pet rescue leagues. He's consciously stayed away from full time acting since the mid 1990's as the stress tempts him to use. The turning point came when he pushed his wife Eliza back in the mid 90's. He said pot just took the edge of his panic, anxiety and mania/depression. In the show he talks about constantly feeling like his stomach was all tightened up and he realized that was the contant anxiety and depression he was dealing with. So, he's been working on that as well. And this has been your weekly Eric Roberts update
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Redsox Girl, I think that Eric Roberts was right in his analysis of the show. I'm not sure why Dr. Drew is able to put shock tv above the best interests of the patients when he allows the jerk patients to verbally abuse other patients and the staff. If he would enforce rules, I think it would be beter and people wouldn't have such a low opinion of Dr. Drew and the show. (I adore Dr. Drew, but the truth is the truth.)

It's my understanding that the celebs get paid to come on the show. THey get so much up front and so much when they finish the program. If they leave early, they don't get paid the second half. For most of those celebs, they need that money so they stay. I think that if Dr. Drew would send them home as a consequence of violating the rules and they were not able to collect that second check, they may take the rules a little more seriously.

Do you think that Janice has money problems? How about Leif or Eric Roberts? I think all of them do except for Gummy Bear, but his may be tied up out of his reach while he's using drugs.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I don't understand the question of money. These people are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to be on this show. I really don't think lack of insurance would be a deterrent. Also, as far as Janice goes.....I don't think she has cash-flow problems. I think she is an attention whore - it just may be a side effect of the show that she might learn something about herself....but she's not there for that. Same with greasy bear or gummy bear or whomever he is. I think my biggest problem with the treatment side of the show is the conflicting personalities. These vulnerable addicts should not be in there to work on relationships with adversaries. Aren't they supposed to be working on themselves?

I love Dr. Drew, but I think he is spread way too thin and maybe allowing his name be used in too many places. But he knows a hell of a lot more than I do....so more power to him. And the more he is on tv, the more I get to look at him. He is yummy.

However, none of this keeps me from watching the train wreck. I'm right there on the tracks with everyone else.

I could see how Leif burned through his money with his drug habit. It's not cheap and I'm sure dude is using an incredible amount of drugs to get a decent fix these days. Some of the people on the show I think go to it just to stay in the lime light and move along their reality tv career.

I sincerely doubt they are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to be on this show. And even if they were, Frankie (who isn't a Coles, BTW Keyshia was adopted, Frankie is her birth mother) Leif, Jason wouldn't have the money until after the show, right?
    And...if two out of eight are still sober? That's a great rate of staying sober.
    Can't stand Rachel - she's the one I think is on the show just to be on the show (and possibly Janice, but Janice is a stone cold mess. God bless her for making her own way in the world.) Butter would not melt in her mouth. She needs to grow the hell up. That stupid game of telephone where Janice said things were missing, Jeremy blows it up, and Rachel runs with it. So she gets to be the victim when she is the one that ran, and then realized she wouldn't make all the money unless she came back. Same reason she f***ed Tiger. More money!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by duplessis3;4128959;
    I sincerely doubt they are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to be on this show. And even if they were, Frankie (who isn't a Coles, BTW Keyshia was adopted, Frankie is her birth mother) Leif, Jason wouldn't have the money until after the show, right?
    And...if two out of eight are still sober? That's a great rate of staying sober.
    Can't stand Rachel - she's the one I think is on the show just to be on the show (and possibly Janice, but Janice is a stone cold mess. God bless her for making her own way in the world.) Butter would not melt in her mouth. She needs to grow the hell up. That stupid game of telephone where Janice said things were missing, Jeremy blows it up, and Rachel runs with it. So she gets to be the victim when she is the one that ran, and then realized she wouldn't make all the money unless she came back. Same reason she f***ed Tiger. More money!
    When Artie Lange turned down Celebrity Rehab, he said they offered him $200,000 to go on. I can see how they would have to offer that kind of money, to be honest. For the actual actors/models/singers on the show, their careers are DONE after this, more so than they might have already been. I haven't seen 90% of the Rehab participants anywhere after their time on the show, not even on another reality show. Tom Sizemore seems to be the only person getting legitimate work after doing the show. Brigitte Nielsen and Gary Busey have done a few reality shows and straight to DVD movies, but that's about it.

Believe it or not, I think that Rachel is actually okay on this show. Whether or not you agree with what she did with Tiger, I do think that she takes the program seriously and is trying to get better. She just did an interview on the VH1 site and said that she/Jason/Leif/Jeremy all get together at her apartment every week to watch the show.

Janice...ugh. The C-word doesn't even do justice in describing her.

Ref. Rachel. Far up thread, when it was first announced that Rachel was appearing on the show, it was said in the media that Rachel was going on just because she had a huge crush on Dr. Drew. They said she didn't really have an addiction.

Do you recall when Heidi Fleist was on last season? She made several comments about how all the women love Dr. Drew. She even commented about some woman who was stalking him. He has this amazing way with women. LOL Have you heard about his new tv show that airs soon? I think it's a talk show.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4128744;
    Some of the people on the show I think go to it just to stay in the lime light and move along their reality tv career.
    Yep!!! You hit the nail on the head!! This is exactly why I'm having such a hard time taking some of these people seriously. I don't see that they want to get better or kick their addictions, I simply see them looking at this show as a way for them to stay in the spotlight and further their career. I'm not saying ALL of the people, but two or three of them I definitely think are only there to be on camera and do not want to kick their habits at all.

From where I sit, Janice clearly accused Rachel of stealing specific things-a black jacket, pants and a lip gloss. The lip gloss was found by Frankie on a table. Rachel offered Janice the opportunity to look through her luggage and she repeatedly asked for a listing of `stolen items.' Janice refused to look through Rachel's things, which clearly indicates to me Janice was making up the whole Rachel stole my stuff' tantrum. Typical nd very tiresome. I frankly, understood exactly what Rachel was telling Dr. Drew while the others were at a rehab meeting-that Janice was being abusive and hostile and Rachel could not get anything done and felt that too much of her time and energy was placed on dealing with Janice's hostile nature. I found Drew's reaction to Rachel to be dismissive and disrespectful. If I could figure out what Rachel meant in the way she explained her concerns to Drew, I would think a guy with a PHD could put two and two together rather than saying `I don't think I understand what you mean.' I loathe Janice, yes I know she suffered a horrendous childhood but so did many of the other participants -it's no excuse to be abrasive, hostile, abusive and vulgar. She clearly instigates some of the disharmony and purposely ratchets it up then pretends to be the victim once she's pushed everyone's buttons. I loathe the use of the C word, I think it is one of the most offensive words any man can use, yet Eric Roberts had done everything reasonable to get Janice to listen...though I do not agree with him calling her the c word I do understand perfectly how she manipulated the entire situation in order to get him to come down to her level. She seems to enjoy `proving' how inferior everyone is, how imperfect. As for Frankie, I actually think once the detox is finished there might be hope for her-I see glimpses of kindness in her, especially in offering to share her room with Rachel. I cannot imagine in a million years, trying to concentrate on yourself and the hard work of sobriety when Scummy Bear and Janice are running the show. There's good reason Eric and Leif isolate themselves. Though isolating is in their natures hasn't it occurred to the staff that the extreme chaos that is allowed to reign there is further isolating some of the residents. If you truly want to get better or head in that direction how can you with so much noise, vulgarity and abusive behavior? The swearing, the antagonism, the confrontations have to be triggers for some of the residents there. Particularly those who alluded to violent upbringings. I would leave, too, to be honest. I mean what the heck is the point of going to a treatment center when your days and nights consist of either avoiding extreme confrontation or trying to break up extreme confrontations? I'd be emotionally drained and very angry at the staff, particularly Drew. I'm there to work on myself and to look to my peers for support-and the latter part is not happening in any way shape or form, causing stress and anxiety on people who are already fragile and given statistics, more likely than not to use, once they leave the program-why add to their stress by having severe cases such as Janice and Scummy Bear around? They clearly need a much higher level of care that deals with addiction and mental health issues. But, while they are staying at Drew's they should be held accountable for their choices in the way they interact with others.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I guess I'm sort of confused about the whole point of the show, and always have been. I get the entertainment value of it....but not the rehab part. The cast is just a mumble-jumble of has-beens. I understand that many do need help with drug/alcohol problems, but I also see a few who are just looking for face time (Janice). For the amounts of drugs these people have been ingesting and for the length of time they have been getting high, I doubt 3 weeks would even detox them, yet allow any sort of work on their true issues. It's a good jumping off point for them, but the whole graduation ceremony and pomp and circumstance is unnecessary and misleading.

I don't see any encouragement for substantial or even in-patient care. Going from detox to sober living is a pretty big leap. So...if it's entertainment value they are after, that's fine...but it shouldn't be an example of the actual work required to become and remain sober. Obviously we only see a wee bit of the treatment, however when the "celebrities" are asked what their goals are after the show, they seem unclear and unfocused.

I don't know, it seems so full of false hope.

+ Reply to Thread