+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4121271;
    Thanks, redsox girl, I do believe than that ER is the ONLY celebrity in "Celebrity Rehab"!

OT, Lived my whole life in Boston and moved to SD in March. I had the pleasure of watching Adrian Gonzalez all summer long as I attended so many PADRES games! WooHoo for the Sox to get our best player, kinda sad for the Padres to llose him, yet everyone here does wish him well in Beantown.
    Let's hope the crazy baseball obsessed Boston Sports media doesn't get under his skin-San Diego is so layed back -so many good players get to Boston and self implode because of the pressure put on them by the sports writers and commentators.
    I just want to see one more world series win for the sox before I die. Because I still don't believe they finally won in 2004 and 2007
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4121232;
    wow. are you serious? whether he pushed or tapped her head, bottome line was it was sexually inappropriate and harrassment. also, who cares if others have said/done worse to her!??!?!?!? that doesn't make his actions okay.
    Im not saying what he did was right but she made it seem when describing it that he took her head and mashed it into his crotch. The kid is immature and thats what immature people do. It wasnt done with the intent of making her do the thing he was insinuating and he literally just tapped the back of her head.

Janice Dickenson as a person is garbage. How many times has she been on a reality show bashing the crap out of someone or belittling them? I cant even count the amount of times Ive seen her on The Soup screaming and yelling at someone who she deemed 'lesser then she'. Now the tides are turned and she cries about it. Reap what you sow.

Dont get me wrong, Fatso is a total piece of trash as well. Im just not about to feel sorry for Janice Dickenson.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4121297;
    Which makes it all the more sad to see him there,although he may be one of the rare serious about getting sober particiapnts as he hasn't involved himself in any melodrama or acting out swo far. It seems every season of this show there is one participant who works hard and succeeds and that person is usually removed from any drama. Rodney King comes to mind. He's still clean and sober and he was so quiet on the show, so focused on the work of getting better.
    I hope that is the case for Eric Roberts. It would be nice to see him have a chance at a second career on the big screen in great parts. Also, as a teenager I had a huge crush on him so I'm a bit biased in rooting for him
    I agree that Eric seems the most serious about getting better. Perhaps that's partially because he's already managed to kick all the rest of his addictions and is down to pot, so he knows he has the capability to conquer addictions. Though he used pot daily, he also doesn't use all that much--he said the equivalent to a joint or joint and a half a day--compared to the much greater abuse of harder core drugs/prescription drugs that the others are fighting. He also seems genuinely interested in the other participants and treats them nicely (so far, anyway).

While I think Janice is far from blameless, I do think the self-involved heir (whose name is escaping me) is worse about deliberately seeking her out to start fights. He did, after all, go off to find her when she was with her boyfriend and enter the room specifically to start aggravating her. I wonder if he isn't doing it deliberately in hopes of either driving her out or getting them to kick him out so he has an excuse to go back to using. I think it's more likely the latter, and Janice is just a mean to an end, because he made tacky remarks to Shelly too, until he figured out that he couldn't rattle her. If Janice didn't react to his taunts, he'd lose interest in tormenting her. I have noticed that he doesn't say much of anything to the men. It's just the women he targets with his remarks. He clearly has a very misogynistic attitude. Either that, or he's afraid the guys are more likely to clean his clock if he starts insulting them (though, really, I think Janice and Frankie are more than capable of knocking him on his butt if sufficiently riled).

we'll just have to agree to disagree . . . . to me, no matter how crappy of a person she is, that doesn't make it okay for him to sexually harass her.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4121476;
    Im not saying what he did was right but she made it seem when describing it that he took her head and mashed it into his crotch. The kid is immature and thats what immature people do. It wasnt done with the intent of making her do the thing he was insinuating and he literally just tapped the back of her head.

Janice Dickenson as a person is garbage. How many times has she been on a reality show bashing the crap out of someone or belittling them? I cant even count the amount of times Ive seen her on The Soup screaming and yelling at someone who she deemed 'lesser then she'. Now the tides are turned and she cries about it. Reap what you sow.

Dont get me wrong, Fatso is a total piece of trash as well. Im just not about to feel sorry for Janice Dickenson.

Janice is a drama queen. She needs to be in the spotlight, all the time. I think the attention is one of her "substances" - probably her drug of choice. And the only way she knows that she is worth something - by being in the spotlight.

Gummy Bear is sad. I doubt he has ever done anything on his own in his life. All of his so called fame and his money comes from other people's hard work. It seems like it makes him entitled, a brat but also empty. I also highly suspect that he is being edited to be the villain.

Eric seems really genuine, and I respect him for recognizing that marijuana is a problem for him, one that stops him from living authentically. A lot of people brush off pot use "it makes you mellow" etc, but if it is a problem for someone, than it is a problem for that person, period. It seems like he wants to learn how to be the nice guy without being high. Although based on what we see here - he really is a super cool guy and his perception is totally off.

Rachel....jugh.

Leif, man, what a trainwreck. Jeff Conway the II. I hope he makes it but s***...that "I bought a beer to see if I would drink it" - that's exactly what my father said when he bought a pack of cigarettes after having been smoke free for 3 years. Guess what! He did!

Frankie, poor thing.

Jeremy London - I honestly think he's told himself that stupid story about the kidnapping that HE believes it. Loves it that Janice just looks at him and then says..."Well I'm sorry you had to go through all that..." (BTW there has been an arrest in the kidnapping.)

Dude that's famous for who he dates - nonentity so far. I wish him luck.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 12-09-2010 at 07:46 AM.

I realize that all the banter may be annoying, but to leave treatment because of it, is just silly. From what I gather, this opportunity for treatment is free, plus, they get paid. Do any of them even have health insurance that would cover a stint in rehab if they walked away from this opportunity?

Leif is just creating a reason to leave IMO. He has a HUGE illness of addiction and he wants to ignore that and place his decisions on some people who aggravate him? Unreal. It's like a person deciding to jump into the ocean from their life raft because they got a splinter from the raft seat. He should examine his priorites. Ignore or tolerate the annoyance and focus on his survival.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4123206;
    I realize that all the banter may be annoying, but to leave treatment because of it, is just silly. From what I gather, this opportunity for treatment is free, plus, they get paid. Do any of them even have health insurance that would cover a stint in rehab if they walked away from this opportunity?

Leif is just creating a reason to leave IMO. He has a HUGE illness of addiction and he wants to ignore that and place his decisions on some people who aggravate him? Unreal. It's like a person deciding to jump into the ocean from their life raft because they got a splinter from the raft seat. He should examine his priorites. Ignore or tolerate the annoyance and focus on his survival.
    If I remember correctly, Dr. Drew said that withdrawal from heroin is extraordinarily difficult, and Leif's extreme crankiness and over-sensitivity may stem from that. That being said, it is, of course, a terrible, terrible idea for him to leave treatment, and if he were sober, one would hope he'd be able to see that. Trouble is, he's not sober and he's not rational. I'm not sure he's able to determine his priorities, much less examine them. If he's correct in saying he hasn't really had a sober day since he was maybe sixteen, he's got to be an incredible mess by now. It doesn't surprise me terribly that he can't put up with banter etc. In fact, given the severity of his addiction, I wonder if he wouldn't be better off in a more private, one-on-one kind of treatment for a little while, prior to joining a group situation, because right now, I'm not sure he can even hear anything anyone else is saying.

Watched last night ... aww, Huntington Beach, I heart HB!

I was laughing at Dr. Drew's outfit at HB, he was in this dark clothing with a dark baseball cap on ... it took me awhile to figure out who that was ... and you know why ... because Dr. Drew is the only celebrity there ... Everyone on the beach would have known him as vs any of the house guests.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4124264;
    Watched last night ... aww, Huntington Beach, I heart HB!

I was laughing at Dr. Drew's outfit at HB, he was in this dark clothing with a dark baseball cap on ... it took me awhile to figure out who that was ... and you know why ... because Dr. Drew is the only celebrity there ... Everyone on the beach would have known him as vs any of the house guests.
    He was wearing black jeans and a black tshirt! I've always had a crush on him, but this outfit...delish
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4124191;
    If I remember correctly, Dr. Drew said that withdrawal from heroin is extraordinarily difficult, and Leif's extreme crankiness and over-sensitivity may stem from that. That being said, it is, of course, a terrible, terrible idea for him to leave treatment, and if he were sober, one would hope he'd be able to see that. Trouble is, he's not sober and he's not rational. I'm not sure he's able to determine his priorities, much less examine them. If he's correct in saying he hasn't really had a sober day since he was maybe sixteen, he's got to be an incredible mess by now. It doesn't surprise me terribly that he can't put up with banter etc. In fact, given the severity of his addiction, I wonder if he wouldn't be better off in a more private, one-on-one kind of treatment for a little while, prior to joining a group situation, because right now, I'm not sure he can even hear anything anyone else is saying.

You are probably right about that, however, if Leif does not have insurance nor the money to pay for that individual care, he may have to accept with what he has. I hope he settles down and is able to stay sober.

+ Reply to Thread