+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Fogey

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4120204;
    To me, Dummy Bear is the most offensive. Janice, however, has trashed plenty of people on reality tv and hopefully she will be able to see that words do indeed hurt. I'm not sure that Janice is capable of making that connection, though.
    Perhaps that's why he annoyed me more than Janice. I didn't expect anything else from Janice, but as I didn't know him, I didn't know what to expect, but, being a reasonably decent person myself (I hope), I hadn't anticipated someone being so self-involved and rude. Of course, I really should have, as often the addicts on this show are that way, whether because it's their real personalities showing or because their addictions are ruling their actions (or a combination of both).

weird . . . . being from cali and having attended uc berkeley, i've
    "seen" a lot of weed smoking in my day. very rarely have i seen it turn anyone into a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4118924;
    Nope alcohol never made me a jerk. I was thinking about it after I posted too about all the pot smoking people I knew and honestly I can count on one hand the number of them that didn't get infused with some some kind of jerkiness after toking up honestly. A majority of them at some point turned into jerks. However, the difference was we were all high so that jerkiness was "funny" to a degree. Having cleaned up and stuff now I can look back and see the jerk in it. In the moment I couldn't.

i thought that's what he said too.

his daughter is actress emma roberts and his sister is julia roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by perennialprince;4119352;
    I watched the two episodes last night. I thought Eric Roberts said that he was a nasty person when he was sober, not when he was high. I know who his famous sister is, but he mentioned a famous daughter - who would that be?

I used to not like Janice Dickenson, but last night she showed a few good qualities, I hope she can clean up her act

my darn dvr cut off the end of the show so i missed frankie's flip out.

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos;4119569;

Even though Frankie overreacted about the security cameras in the bedroom, I did empathize with her and didn't think, as Shelly did, that she was trying to start drama so she could leave and use. For someone who has prostituted themselves and been abused sexually to be in such a vulnerable environment as a rehab center, and then find this information out, would have been really upsetting to me as well in the same circumstances.

LOL, i don't know how i missed the news stories about this . . . . i need to google him. that was the most ridiculously ridiculous story ever, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4120025;
    Jeremy London. That story is insane. He must think we're all high.

wow. are you serious? whether he pushed or tapped her head, bottome line was it was sexually inappropriate and harrassment. also, who cares if others have said/done worse to her!??!?!?!? that doesn't make his actions okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4120201;
    Fatso Bear didnt really push her head down, he just kind of tapped it. I find it hard to believe that as an aspiring model she didnt have far worse things said or proposed to her.

Dummy Bear is a spoiled, self involved jackwagon whose actions toward Janet in regards to tapping the back of her head in order to suggest a sexual act are reprehensible and should lead to him being told to leave. However, I think it was important that the cameras showed how Janice exagerated the incident (which was bad enough as it actualloy occured). It shows a woman who is highly manipulative. So, why I sympathise with her situati0n I do have to question her ability to be honest as opossed to melodramatic especially when there's no need to be-as I wrote what Dummy Bear did was inexcusable, so to embelish it as she did makes me curious as to why she needs to do so.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4119602;
    I watched last night. I just love Dr. Drew. He is so calming for everyone in distress.
    That woman, Frankie, yikes, she has issues. Screaming about the cameras. How is she a celebrity?
    Gummy Bear, whatever his name is ... ugh, he is so freakin' annoying. How is he a celebrity?
    Jason from Laguna Beach, ugh, how is he a celebrity?
    For that matter how are any of them celebrities?
    Eric Roberts is an Oscar nominated actor whose early body of work is considered outstanding. (Runaway Train, Star 80) Due to issues with manic depression he temporarily left the idustry to deal with his illness as well as his self medicating which led to unpredictable behavior and several arrests. Before his diagnosis he was prone to making `out there' career decisons which sabotaged his abiligty, in the long run, to get good roles. He had such amazing potential and is a far better actor than his younger sister Julia. Though he supported her financially by sending checks home during his early years as an actor, they no longer speak. Or rather, she no longer speaks to him.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4121256;
    Eric Roberts is an Oscar nominated actor whose early body of work is considered outstanding. (Runaway Train, Star 80) Due to issues with manic depression he temporarily left the idustry to deal with his illness as well as his self medicating which led to unpredictable behavior and several arrests. Before his diagnosis he was prone to making `out there' career decisons which sabotaged his abiligty, in the long run, to get good roles. He had such amazing potential and is a far better actor than his younger sister Julia. Though he supported her financially by sending checks home during his early years as an actor, they no longer speak. Or rather, she no longer speaks to him.
    Thanks, redsox girl, I do believe than that ER is the ONLY celebrity in "Celebrity Rehab"!

OT, Lived my whole life in Boston and moved to SD in March. I had the pleasure of watching Adrian Gonzalez all summer long as I attended so many PADRES games! WooHoo for the Sox to get our best player, kinda sad for the Padres to llose him, yet everyone here does wish him well in Beantown.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4121271;
    Thanks, redsox girl, I do believe than that ER is the ONLY celebrity in "Celebrity Rehab"!

OT, Lived my whole life in Boston and moved to SD in March. I had the pleasure of watching Adrian Gonzalez all summer long as I attended so many PADRES games! WooHoo for the Sox to get our best player, kinda sad for the Padres to llose him, yet everyone here does wish him well in Beantown.
    Which makes it all the more sad to see him there,although he may be one of the rare serious about getting sober particiapnts as he hasn't involved himself in any melodrama or acting out swo far. It seems every season of this show there is one participant who works hard and succeeds and that person is usually removed from any drama. Rodney King comes to mind. He's still clean and sober and he was so quiet on the show, so focused on the work of getting better.
    I hope that is the case for Eric Roberts. It would be nice to see him have a chance at a second career on the big screen in great parts. Also, as a teenager I had a huge crush on him so I'm a bit biased in rooting for him

+ Reply to Thread