+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Yes Tilden. Gummy Bear is very annoying. I used to think after seeing him on the Millionaire Matchmaker that he was a rich, recluse who never learned how to socialize with people, but that is not accurate. They showed photos and video of Gummy Bear growing up in all kinds of social situations. It seems his grandfather was a good man who raised him and he went down hill after his grandfather died. He does know better, he just choses to be a bully to certain people. It's very childish. I think Dr. Drew or Shelly will handle it.

I was shocked by Eric Roberts confessions. It's not that I have lots of friends who are pot smokers, but I have known my fair share who do. They are NEVER mean or a jerk while smoking pot. In fact, it's just the opposite. The jerks usually get nicer when smoking pot. So, I don't understand that whole thing with him.

Did you catch the big old, smile, Shelly gave Leif Garrett when he came in? It was obvious she had a Leif Garrett crush when she was a teen. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4118667;
    Yes Tilden. Gummy Bear is very annoying. I used to think after seeing him on the Millionaire Matchmaker that he was a rich, recluse who never learned how to socialize with people, but that is not accurate. They showed photos and video of Gummy Bear growing up in all kinds of social situations. It seems his grandfather was a good man who raised him and he went down hill after his grandfather died. He does know better, he just choses to be a bully to certain people. It's very childish. I think Dr. Drew or Shelly will handle it.

I was shocked by Eric Roberts confessions. It's not that I have lots of friends who are pot smokers, but I have known my fair share who do. They are NEVER mean or a jerk while smoking pot. In fact, it's just the opposite. The jerks usually get nicer when smoking pot. So, I don't understand that whole thing with him.

Did you catch the big old, smile, Shelly gave Leif Garrett when he came in? It was obvious she had a Leif Garrett crush when she was a teen. LOL
    I was quite the jerk in my pot smoking days and mostly only when I was high. Other wise I was pretty mellow but get me high and I was a royal b.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4118882;
    I was quite the jerk in my pot smoking days and mostly only when I was high. Other wise I was pretty mellow but get me high and I was a royal b.

That is so rare. I guess it has something to do with body chemistry and personality. Were you mean on alcohol too?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4118910;
    That is so rare. I guess it has something to do with body chemistry and personality. Were you mean on alcohol too?
    Nope alcohol never made me a jerk. I was thinking about it after I posted too about all the pot smoking people I knew and honestly I can count on one hand the number of them that didn't get infused with some some kind of jerkiness after toking up honestly. A majority of them at some point turned into jerks. However, the difference was we were all high so that jerkiness was "funny" to a degree. Having cleaned up and stuff now I can look back and see the jerk in it. In the moment I couldn't.

I watch Millionaire Matchmaker sometimes but who is Gummy Bear? Was he a client? Is he straight or gay? I thought he was that guy that made that comment about Lindsay Lohan's crotch while walking with Paris Hilton out and about.....and I agree with you Debb....pot seems to mellow most people out as opposed to riling them up...guess its all about body chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;4119062;
    I watch Millionaire Matchmaker sometimes but who is Gummy Bear? Was he a client? Is he straight or gay? I thought he was that guy that made that comment about Lindsay Lohan's crotch while walking with Paris Hilton out and about.....and I agree with you Debb....pot seems to mellow most people out as opposed to riling them up...guess its all about body chemistry.
    yep, he's the one who named her FireCrotch during the time he hung out with Paris Hilton. (oh, lord, why do I know such information??!!! shame on me, what have I become???)

Count me in as one who thinks pot just mellows out people. Seemed to me that most people can't stay focused on one subject long enough to even be angry about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;4119062;

I didn't know that he was the one who called Lindsay firecrotch, but he was on The Millionaire Matchmaker show. He was so nasty that Patti had to send him to get his feet and hands professionally cleaned and trimmed. YUCK! He was a real mess. It made me wonder why he would want a girlfriend. I think he farted on the date. You get the picture.

I watched the two episodes last night. I thought Eric Roberts said that he was a nasty person when he was sober, not when he was high. I know who his famous sister is, but he mentioned a famous daughter - who would that be?

I used to not like Janice Dickenson, but last night she showed a few good qualities, I hope she can clean up her act
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by perennialprince;4119352;
    I watched the two episodes last night. I thought Eric Roberts said that he was a nasty person when he was sober, not when he was high. I know who his famous sister is, but he mentioned a famous daughter - who would that be?

I used to not like Janice Dickenson, but last night she showed a few good qualities, I hope she can clean up her act
    His IMDB bio cites his daughter from a previous relationship as Emma Roberts, who played Nancy Drew in the film of the same name a few years ago and had a recurring row on a TV show called Unfabulous.

I interpreted his statements about his demeanor while on/off pot the same way you did, which is to say, he is only a tolerable person while ON the drug, which is why he continues to take it, and is in treatment to learn how to cope without it.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Regular

Janice has shown a few good qualities and seems committed to a certain extent, but I still can't tell whether she's acting or not. The whole "I'm going home" thing was what she did just about every episode when she was on The Surreal Life. And even though Jason took his comments FAR beyond what Janice said, she did initially. instigate the incident at the pool

Gummy Bear is just ridiculous. I also think he has some serious issues with repressed homosexuality, and that going on the Millionaire Matchmaker show (in addition to recently getting engaged to a woman) is part of some kind of effort to convince himself that he's straight. It all seems very Andrew Shirvell-esque.

Even though Frankie overreacted about the security cameras in the bedroom, I did empathize with her and didn't think, as Shelly did, that she was trying to start drama so she could leave and use. For someone who has prostituted themselves and been abused sexually to be in such a vulnerable environment as a rehab center, and then find this information out, would have been really upsetting to me as well in the same circumstances.

+ Reply to Thread