+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

I am behind by a couple of episodes here in Canada! The latest one I saw was when the families came to visit. Wow that interaction between Dennis and his wife was sad. And the talk Mike had with Nancy was very emtional and something that may help him.
    The song and the montage of pictures of everyone in younger days was so sad and inspiring.
    As a side note I was shocked to hear that there has been a crazy stalker threatening Dr. Drew and his family. Thankfully he was caught before he could carry out his threat of killing the doctor's children and feeding them to his Wife!!!
    Charles Pearson, alleged stalker of 'Celebrity Rehab's' Dr. Drew Pinsky, is arrested and charged

FORT Fogey

ET reported that former "cast member," Mindy McCready, was admitted to a Florida hospital this morning. Her mother had placed a 911 call, stating Mindy was unconscious, and had had taken pills. She was released later in the day.

Listen Now: Mindy McCready 911 Call Revealed

Mindy McCready Leaves Hospital

Also, TMZ posted that Tila Tequila is supposed to be on the next season of Celeb Rehab -- if there is another season. VH1 is apparently "having problems finding other 'celebrities' to rehabilitate."

Tila Tequila to Enter 'Celebrity Rehab' | TMZ.com

'Celebrity Rehab' Lacking Celebrities | TMZ.com

You know Mindy is such a sad case. She has to be one of the most stubborn people I have ever seen I read that she had taken a narcotic, Darvecet, for pain after breaking her toe. She says she took 4. This drug is a controlled substance and is in the family of methadone. When you are an addict/alcoholic, you have to avoid all narcotic pain meds even post surgery. I have heard addicts talk of avoiding surgery because they cannot take narcotic pain meds or it will trigger them back into addiction mode.

Mindy knows all of this, yet she takes the meds for a small injury. She really needs to stop listening to herself because she gets herself into so much trouble. If her mom gave them to her, then she is using poor judgment too.

On Celeb Rehab she cried and talked about how she wants to get her child back, but she does things that prevent her from doing it. When she had the chance to go to Sober Living she said No, she wanted to get back to her child, but we know that was an excuse. She is no good to her child as long as she makes excuses and continues to use such poor judgment.

I predict she will be back on the show if there is another season. She needs it. She actually needs a long term residential stay to really help her. Oh, did you catch where she actually went to live with another patient that was on the show when she left Celeb Rehab. The girl's name was Carrie Ann. She was living with Carrie Ann of all people when she was discharged, NOT going back to be with her son.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3914415;

I predict she will be back on the show if there is another season. She needs it. She actually needs a long term residential stay to really help her. Oh, did you catch where she actually went to live with another patient that was on the show when she left Celeb Rehab. The girl's name was Carrie Ann. She was living with Carrie Ann of all people when she was discharged, NOT going back to be with her son.

The Carrie Ann/Mindy episode was given quite a bit of publicity because CA accused Mindy of stealing the sex tape off her computer and selling/releasing it

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3915974;
    The Carrie Ann/Mindy episode was given quite a bit of publicity because CA accused Mindy of stealing the sex tape off her computer and selling/releasing it

I saw that. What a mess. I wouldn't trust either lady any further than I could throw them. Sad situations for both. They definitely should not be living together. Don't they know that?

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

TMZ is reporting that Jason Wahler (Laguna Beach) is close to signing on for the next season of Celeb Rehab.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Oh, great. We have Kate Gosselin with her two new shows, never going to die out it looks like, one of those monsters that just keeps on raising its ugly head to terrorize again. Now we have Jason from way back at Laguna Beach and Tila Tequila from some slutty matchmaking show and no other claim to fame.

We vote with our remotes as they say. The only thing I can say is that its our own fault that these people have more than the fifteen minutes they should have. We make these nobodies into celebrities because we watch.

I would love to see a show with real celebs on, some people who have real talents. I'm so sick of "reality stars" being the focus of these shows. That is an oxymoron by the way. Or it should be.

I really don't think these two latest rumoured participants will be very interesting or much of a draw. I'm hoping they won't be. I never could stand Tila and Jason is not much better. I don't want to see them in rehab.

I have mixed feelings about what Dr. Drew is doing with this show anyway. If there aren't more talented interesting people on, I'm not going to bother to even give it the most rudimentary checking out.

the ONLY reason I watched it at all was because of Dennis Rodman. Say what you will about him, but I have a soft spot for the man. His mean outer shell hides his real self. It comes through some times, but you have to know what to look for.

I won't be watching any other rehab show

I don't know how much Celebrity Rehab helps the patients, but at least it gets them some interruption from their substance abuse for a little while. The patients also get therapy that is not broadcasted, so it's not just what we see on tv.

As Dr. Drew says, the patients may only be staying in order to collect their paycheck, but at least it's better than nothing. Hopefully, even if they sign up just for the money, it will bring them some treatment. It's up to them what they do with it afterwards.

Plus, it's free. I bet most of the patients on the show have no health insurance.

FORT Fogey

Tiger's mistress, Rachel Uchitel, is rumored to be ther newest addition with Tila being removed from the cast.

+ Reply to Thread