+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Fogey

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

I've asked this question before. what does the girl do to make a living so that she has a manager/agent AND an assistant? Dare we consider the options?

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I think we're looking at what she does for a living. This is her 2nd stint on this show. And we'll be seeing her in Sober House. You know they get paid. But before that....she was Miss Teen USA but got her title taken away for posing in playboy. Other than that....no idea.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Kari Ann Peniche talks about Dr. Drew, Celebrity Rehab, and Mindy McCready.

There are some uh, interesting interviews with Mindy and Kari Ann on Access Hollywood's site, too.

I just wanted to put in my two cents about the argument for or against Kari Ann being kicked out for her behavior.

Her manipulating Tom Sizemore by cuddling up with him in bed and subsequent exploitation of Mike's feelings for her, both with the ultimate aim of exposing herself (as we found she had done previously to the men in the PRC), are symptoms of her sexual addiction.

She does these things blatantly. She knows she is going to get caught. In doing so, she receives the negative attention she thinks she deserves, which comes from her history of being the victim of sexual abuse when she was younger. It's all attention seeking behavior that other people perceive as bratty, but she is seeking that negative reaction and she wants that reproachment.

So negative attention in the form of kicking her out would be counterproductive if the aim is to treat her addictions and the symptoms thereof. Kicking her out would be the status quo for her, and actually be perceived by her as justification for her behavior. By not kicking her out, the status quo was overridden, taking her out of her comfort zone, which ultimately led to her wanting to bolt.

None of this makes it any less annoying to witness on our part, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalwatcher;3848564;
    I just wanted to put in my two cents about the argument for or against Kari Ann being kicked out for her behavior.

Her manipulating Tom Sizemore by cuddling up with him in bed and subsequent exploitation of Mike's feelings for her, both with the ultimate aim of exposing herself (as we found she had done previously to the men in the PRC), are symptoms of her sexual addiction.

She does these things blatantly. She knows she is going to get caught. In doing so, she receives the negative attention she thinks she deserves, which comes from her history of being the victim of sexual abuse when she was younger. It's all attention seeking behavior that other people perceive as bratty, but she is seeking that negative reaction and she wants that reproachment.

So negative attention in the form of kicking her out would be counterproductive if the aim is to treat her addictions and the symptoms thereof. Kicking her out would be the status quo for her, and actually be perceived by her as justification for her behavior. By not kicking her out, the status quo was overridden, taking her out of her comfort zone, which ultimately led to her wanting to bolt.

None of this makes it any less annoying to witness on our part, though.
    Kicking her out to the street would be counterproductive. Placing her in the appropriate level of treatment would be what they should have done with the get go. She needed a higher level of care in sex rehab and needs a higher level of care in this rehab.

I agree that it's all part and parcel of her history and addictions but they have to all be held to the same standard of behavior in a given program. I think the producers kept her around so she would be part of all three shows - Sex Rehab, Celeb Rehab and now Sober House.

If what is said in Kari Ann and Mindy's interviews is even partly correct, it made the whole "will you go to Sober House or not" scene fake, to me. If not everyone was even invited, the show just got a (more) phony-baloney feel overall.

I thought using a real mausoleum as a tv backdrop was disrespectful. I kept picturing the people in the crypts wanting to shout, "Will you shut up out there, and leave us alone!?" Other than that, the standard parts of the graduation ceremony were okay. This is just one time the tv element went too far, in my opinion. I'm sure the families of those people did not pay for their eternal rest just to have them be a tv set for a reality show.

So is there a Sober House thread?

Yes there is. Here's the link.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3846810;
    I think we're looking at what she does for a living. This is her 2nd stint on this show. And we'll be seeing her in Sober House. You know they get paid. But before that....she was Miss Teen USA but got her title taken away for posing in playboy. Other than that....no idea.
    My husband spotted her at LAX last week (we were vacationing in the area). He said she was alone. Is she supposed to be in sober living right now, or was this a while back?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

I think all those programs were filmed well before they are aired, so I am guessing she would be out of that by now

+ Reply to Thread