+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

I think he should seriously be questioned about the appropriateness of the patients he is taking. Seth, Kari Anne, what's his nose from Grease... etc... they all needed a higher level of care than what he provides there but he still took them as patients. I don't take this show even remotely seriously. It's straight up entertainment for me.

I used to like Dr. Drew more when he wasn't doing all these show and when he was doing that show with Adam Corrola at night on MTV waaaaaay back in the day.

Kari Ann is such a screwed up woman. I couldn't stand being around her, but I feel sorry for her, actually (when I'm not watching the show).

That scene when they were shopping for the decorations for the dinner showed just how bad it is for her. She actually couldn't handle not getting the dragon. The way she kept saying, "but I WANT it"-- was so pathetic (not to mention aggravating). Going through life being unable to handle not getting everything that you want, when you want it-- is an absolutely curse. The amount of frustration and disappointment she must build up-- sheesh. She's horrible-- but how awful to be in a constant rage that reality isn't the way you want it to be.

Maybe Dr. Drew feels compassion for her-- but she desperately needs consequences-- from someone who really is involved with her. The effort and energy it would take to help her is just way beyond what anyone there has the desire (or ability) to give. Who knows what you do with someone like that.

Cavendish

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish;3843024;
    Maybe Dr. Drew feels compassion for her-- but she desperately needs consequences-- from someone who really is involved with her. The effort and energy it would take to help her is just way beyond what anyone there has the desire (or ability) to give. Who knows what you do with someone like that.
    I liked how strong Dr. Drew ended up being with Kari Ann when he treated her on the 'Sex Rehab' show. Before she was kicked out of 'Sex Rehab,' during their last meeting together, Drew was tough, professional, and very matter-of-fact with letting Kari Ann know she couldn't stay. Kari Ann had initially been acting child-like, and (seemingly) thinking she could manipulate Drew into allowing her to stay, but she suddenly changed back into her evil twin when she knew she couldn't manipulate Drew. (Kari Ann's last words to Drew - "You're not even a real doctor, Drew!")

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3842801;
    But maybe someone on staff should make a stand -I don't know how, but they are the ones doing the majority of work with the residents, not him. I do believe that some of the folks are there because they genuinely want to get better and I believe there are those who came not to get better but because they are so desperate to be on televison (however, once in the program they realized getting better was worth the effort). She's just , she's just as dangerous to the residents as any trigger or drug or horrible flashback. And again, maybe she's just so sick herself she's incapable of following the most simple and basic guidelines- and if that's the case she needs to be somewhere else or she needs to go home so that bed can be freed up for someone else. I'd also like to see Dr. Drew respect his staff by holding her accountable for her repeated abusive behavior toward them. While people fighting addiction are notoriously asll over the board as Dr. Drew pointed out, that doesn't mean they should be allowed to run rough shod- although I guess the young, pretty ones get a pass from Dr. Drew.
    My sense is that Shelley DID try to make a stand- and was shot down

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Yeah, Shelley didn't seem pleased at all with the "punishment."
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3842801;
    I'd also like to see Dr. Drew respect his staff by holding her accountable for her repeated abusive behavior toward them.
    Yes. I thought Shelley was the only one seeing things clearly and independently on this one. I like how strict she is with enforcing the rules.

While people fighting addiction are notoriously asll over the board as Dr. Drew pointed out, that doesn't mean they should be allowed to run rough shod- although I guess the young, pretty ones get a pass from Dr. Drew.
    Unfortunately this is what it's seeming like. Kari Ann is the type who gets through life by manipulating men, and Dr. Drew just seems like her latest 'victim.'

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

The only positive I've seen from Kari Ann's presence is that she draws the other patients together as a team. I think Dr. Drew has spread himself too thin....and it's starting to show. He needs to realize and accept the fact that he can't save everyone.

Did they ever explain why she got the "suite" while the others got the dorm-type rooms? If they did, I missed it.

I sure wish I could shirk my responsibilities because "I'm tired" or "don't feel like it". Puhleez.

Kari Ann gets away with everything on the show the same way she has all her life...

Big brown eyes open wide and innocent maybe slightly teary with a pout or a smile and appealing to the man's protective or sexual side and throwing a diva size hissy fit in front of the women.

If she put a little more effort in it she could become an oscar winning actress.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;3845042;
    Kari Ann gets away with everything on the show the same way she has all her life...

Big brown eyes open wide and innocent maybe slightly teary with a pout or a smile and appealing to the man's protective or sexual side and throwing a diva size hissy fit in front of the women.

If she put a little more effort in it she could become an oscar winning actress.
    You know, you can't fool Mother Nature! Kari Ann may think she's getting away with everything, but in reality, the more drugs she takes, the more she harms her body. The more cr*p she pulls on people, the more she harms her soul and spirit. Yes, in the short run she may accomplish what she wants and get people to allow her to manipulate them, but really, the one she's really harming is herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3846105;
    You know, you can't fool Mother Nature! Kari Ann may think she's getting away with everything, but in reality, the more drugs she takes, the more she harms her body. The more cr*p she pulls on people, the more she harms her soul and spirit. Yes, in the short run she may accomplish what she wants and get people to allow her to manipulate them, but really, the one she's really harming is herself.
    I totally agree. Some day she is going to have to pay the price for what she is doing to her body and her mind.Hopefully, she will get the help she really needs before that happens and not this "tv psycho babble" she is getting now.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

+ Reply to Thread