+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Regular

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3841198;
    Why didn't they (Dr. Drew & staff) kick her out of rehab after the stunt she pulled?

staff: "Why did you take your top off Kari Ann?"
    Kari Ann: "I don't know... I didn't think I was breaking the rules or doing anything wrong" "I was bored".

That was ridiculous that they allowed her to stay. I sure hope Kari Ann is not a cast member on Sober House, I don't think I can take much more of her.

The second season of the Celebrity Rehab spin-off Sober House is set to premiere on VH1 on Thursday, March 11 at 10/9c. Read about it in the press release below, and check out the cast, which combines patients from Celebrity Rehab and Sex Rehab.

cast:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jennifer Gimenez, Dennis Rodman, Heidi Fleiss, Jennie Ketcham, Kari Ann Peniche, Kendra Jade Rossi, Mike Starr, Seth Benzer and Tom Sizemore.

Sober House 2 With Dr. Drew - Peep The Cast | Blog Archive | Vh1 Blog

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3841198;
    I sure hope Kari Ann is not a cast member on Sober House, I don't think I can take much more of her.
    I saw Dr. Drew in an interview awhile back, and he mentioned Kari Ann was part of the next season of 'Sober House.' Not sure how they're going to do that, since she left treatment.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Well....I'm happy to see some of those in Sober House. And some.....not so much.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Interesting cast. I do agree that Carrie Ann is a serious case. However, I do recall either Jennie or Phil saying in their blog after the Sex Addiction series that CA was testing positive for drugs all through the treatment and they were saying that it was because of something else she was taking. So she was allowed to stay there with all the problems she caused and testing positive for drugs. Interesting that Jennie will be on Sober House since she seemed to have been doing so well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3841606;
    Interesting that Jennie will be on Sober House since she seemed to have been doing so well.
    Sober House was filmed awhile ago, and I believe Jennie might have looked at this as another resource for her after-care. Maybe for $$, too, but I believe she is genuinely committed to being sober. I haven't read her blog in awhile, but I'm pretty sure she's remained sober for around one year now.

The segment with the children of addicts telling the group how it's affected them was poignant. But, if Mackenzie, who is a mother, and Joey, who had a problematic childhood (he hints at family addictions) could go in and listen to the kids, what was Kari Ann's excuse? Fragile, my backside. Sorry. Manipulative is much more like it.

ITA with those who are saying that Kari Ann being treated preferentially undermines those who are working hard, going by the rules and struggling to get/stay sober. But most of all it undermines Dr Drew & the program's authority. Mackenzie looked very disappointed. She likely sees Drew as a father figure, and the last thing she needs I'm sure is another permissive, undependable father figure. Nice move, Drew.

I'm not sure exactly what Kari Ann has to do in order to get some consequences from this treatment center?
    Last edited by Brandy; 02-27-2010 at 09:41 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3842078;
    ....Mackenzie looked very disappointed. She likely sees Drew as a father figure, and the last thing she needs I'm sure is another permissive, undependable father figure. Nice move, Drew.
    Dr. Drew is actually only one year older than Mackenzie, but I think I get what you're saying. He's an authority figure that she respects, and looks up to.

I totally agree with the posts about Carrie Ann, all of these people in Carrie Ann's life (including Dr. Drew) keep enabling her behaviors by never giving her any consequences- that keeps her sick just as much as the addiction. I think that was the point Joey was trying to make in group but Drew just seemed to ignore it. Carrie Ann has not participated in treatment one bit, but she makes entertaining tv and was probably already booked for sober house, its like that is what they cared about in making the decision. You could also tell that Shelley knew that they blew it- she knew what should have happened, but heck, she isn't on the production staff, she just provides treatment lol. You could tell she thought it was a ridiculous call, and she was right!

The segment with the kids was good.

Maybe Dr. Drew stopped being a doctor when he let celebrity become his actual profession? I'm thinking that, in a way, he is an egomaniac because he`saves' people who are `grateful' to him and he does it on televsion in front of the world, on three seperate shows-plus, throw in his radio gig and I don't know, maybe he began his career with honorable intentions, but once mass media took over, it's like he's addcited to it. The celebs do seem to fawn over him and maybe that's because they've had so little exposure to kindness from people in positions of power, that they are drawn to his convivial nature.
    I do think you are very observant and right in pointing out Mackenzie sees him as a father figure-it got me thinking that in many ways, he plays that part and that could be dangerous for her or anyone who sees him as such, particularly when he openly chooses to coddle and bestow preferential treatment on other residents. To me, and maybe I'm just too cynical, I find his `relationship' with Carrie Ann to be straining the boundries of proper treatement, medical and otherwise, between a Doctor and patient. I wish someone would question him about this in an interview and even show him via the show all of the incidents in which his dealings with her are directly in conflict with the way he's treated other residents and yes, staff, because they take a lot of abuse from her and she knows she can get away with it because Dr. Drew is almost always there to make excuses for her-there aren't any reprocutions for her negative behavior and that only reneforces her deluded belief that rules are for othe people whehrter in treatment or in the real world.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3842425;
    I totally agree with the posts about Carrie Ann, all of these people in Carrie Ann's life (including Dr. Drew) keep enabling her behaviors by never giving her any consequences- that keeps her sick just as much as the addiction. I think that was the point Joey was trying to make in group but Drew just seemed to ignore it. Carrie Ann has not participated in treatment one bit, but she makes entertaining tv and was probably already booked for sober house, its like that is what they cared about in making the decision. You could also tell that Shelley knew that they blew it- she knew what should have happened, but heck, she isn't on the production staff, she just provides treatment lol. You could tell she thought it was a ridiculous call, and she was right!

The segment with the kids was good.
    But maybe someone on staff should make a stand -I don't know how, but they are the ones doing the majority of work with the residents, not him. I do believe that some of the folks are there because they genuinely want to get better and I believe there are those who came not to get better but because they are so desperate to be on televison (however, once in the program they realized getting better was worth the effort). She's just , she's just as dangerous to the residents as any trigger or drug or horrible flashback. And again, maybe she's just so sick herself she's incapable of following the most simple and basic guidelines- and if that's the case she needs to be somewhere else or she needs to go home so that bed can be freed up for someone else. I'd also like to see Dr. Drew respect his staff by holding her accountable for her repeated abusive behavior toward them. While people fighting addiction are notoriously asll over the board as Dr. Drew pointed out, that doesn't mean they should be allowed to run rough shod- although I guess the young, pretty ones get a pass from Dr. Drew.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

+ Reply to Thread