+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3833924;
    For me, those 3 or 4 minutes while Mindy was singing her song (which was so beautiful and poignant!), and while they were showing the photos and film clips of the group members, those were some of the most emotional and moving moments i've ever experienced on reality tv.
    I agree. So much of reality tv is not, but this definitely was. I was very moved by their reaction to not only the song, but also to those early pictures.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I think even if Kari Anne was clean and sober, she would still be a jerk!

Heidi and her bird were very sad. I think being around all the family members was a painful reminder of how isolated she is and she just wanted to flee.

I was glad for Mike that he got some closure and forgiveness.

Mindy's song was just beautiful- it was easy to see how much it moved everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3833750;
    Heidi's sister was there, along with Heidi's friend. They showed Heidi's friend (holding the bird) more than they showed the sister, though. The documentary I saw showed Heidi having a good relationship with her brother, and it's nice to see her sister supporting her, too. I realize she has mentioned she doesn't "like people," but I was happy to hear Dr. Drew tell her that he sees how great she is with people, and how people really like being around her.
    I can see how Heidi's ability to be good with people probably was a huge asset to her career choices over the years, even if she didn't like them. And I bet she honed that survival skill in those careers as well.

I also think the social butterfly and being good with people thing can be very isolated for Heidi and shifts a lot of attention away from her and her stuff.

FORT Fogey

that episode was very, very moving. Each person saw the person they used to be and could comprehend the damage drugs/alcohol has done.

[QUOTE=Brandy;3832764;]Which kid in Jasper TX? Sorry I don't know the story.

James Byrd was a 49 year old man murdered in the town of Jasper Tx in 1998 by three youths who offered him a ride and then attacked him, dragging him for miles at a high speed.
    Dennis offered to pay for James funeral and in the interviening years has stayed in contact with the realtives. James son, Robert, is very active in the push to repeal the death penalty, including fighting for the death penalties of his fathers murderers to be overturned to life imprisonment. He belieevs this is the best way to honor his fathers memory.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Thanks for the information on the Jasper TX story. Reading the details I do remember this story. I hadn't placed it hearing "kid in Jasper TX" but what a horrific thing to happen. I never knew Dennis Rodman paid for the funeral or helped the family. I'm sure glad somebody did.

Dennis seems to isolate, similar to some of the others in the group. Why would it be an okay bargain for him to support his wife and let her "live like a single woman?" Neither of them seemed happy with that arrangement, so it isn't just an alternate lifestyle choice, it seems. Their little girl was sure cute, I hope they work things out for her sake. (I mean truly, not just 'let's pretend for the kids'.)

The song and photo slideshow was indeed moving, I got the song after hearing it. I hope it can be used in a similar way for tv PSAs or such. Maybe it can become a traditional thing at rehab centers with the photos showing each group of clients. Her voice is amazing. I had never heard her sing before.

Really insightful comments. I agree that Heidi's skill at manipulating people likely helped her survive, and to thrive in exploiting prostitutes, as well as isolated her from most other people. The story with the birds, shows how she does want family, but it's become twisted over the years.

Kari Ann is a BRAT and someone needs to just tell her like it is!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Seriously! Why is she on this show?!? Why does she get away with everything?!? Why doesn't she have to attend group activities?!? UGH. I can't stand this spoiled little bitch.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Why didn't they (Dr. Drew & staff) kick her out of rehab after the stunt she pulled?

staff: "Why did you take your top off Kari Ann?"
    Kari Ann: "I don't know... I didn't think I was breaking the rules or doing anything wrong" "I was bored".

That was ridiculous that they allowed her to stay. I sure hope Kari Ann is not a cast member on Sober House, I don't think I can take much more of her.

This is just the latest incident in a long string of them in which Dr. Pinsky clealry is treating her differently than the other residents. Her behavior was again disrespectful toward herself and of course, others. If she acts like this in the real world she is putting herself in harms way (maybe, naybe she just doesn't care and thinks she deserves to be humiliated or worse). This sexualized behavior could also put others in danger, namely someone who misreads her acting out as an invitation to have sex. She's so unbalanced it wouldn't shock me if she came on to someone w and then cried rape later on. She's quite ill, psychologically and therefore she needs to be in a psychiatric facility which is at a higher level of care so that she can be properly diagnosed or at least they can begin to figure out somehow what part of her behavior is driven by psychological illness, which part is driven by addiction and which part is poor coping skills and what part of her behavior stems from abuse. Either she doesn't care about societal boundaries or she truly doesn't know how to navigate them. I'm just kind of thinking off the top of my head here. But I would also place much of the blame for her behavior, at least in treatment, directly on the shoulders of Dr. Pinsky as he has clearly set up two different sets of rules-one set for everyone else and one set for her in which there aren't any repercussions for her acting out. In fact, I would say his coddling of her is unprofessional and suspect. That he never held her accountable for throwing a vase at an employee during the sex addiction show made me reevaluate him as a `doctor.' It's clear to me, at least, that he treats her differently at the expense of staff and residents. Her verbal and physical abuse shouldn't be tolerated under any conditions not only for her own safety but for the safety of the residents and staff- i also worry that her behavior acts as a trigger for other residents, making their ability to focus on their own recovery difficult due to the distraction she creates.
    The sickest person always controls the group and in this case it's clear much of what happens in treatment for these people is impacted negatively by Carrie Ann's presence. She also is an expert at manipulating others by pretending to be a victim whenever she feels it will best suit her-any one questioning her, even in the most non threatening of ways, becomes the abuser and the bully. Have we ever seen her talk about her problems on more than a superficial level? No. because she freaks out whenever some one tries to talk with her about her own responsibility in getting well- rather than continuing to explore deep feelings she throws a tantrum and thus the tantrum because the issue rather than what she needs to talk about in order to get better.
    In the end, the person losing credibility is Dr. Drew for putting her in this type of group, yet again.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread