+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Newbie

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

It wasn't a kid in Jasper, TX, it was a man, a 49-year-old man. The crime took place in 1998.

I'm too new to the site to post a URL, so if you are interested in the case, the victim's name was James Byrd, Jr. His body, minus the head and right arm, were found the morning of June 7, 1998. The head and right arm were found in a ditch apart from the body. Mr. Byrd was a black man who was waylaid, tortured and murdered by three white men.

If you put a / in at every return, here is the URL:

findarticles.com
    p
    articles
    mi_qa3812
    is_199809
    ai_n8816994/

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3832507;
    Kari-Ann is a BRAT and I am already tired of her. Did you see the previews for next week? Just who does she think she is?
    I saw the previews! What a case she is. Yikes. On another note, Mindy's song was really pretty, and she has a great voice. I really didn't know much about her prior to this show. I remember hearing about her arrests from the tabloids, but didn't know much about her. She seems like a really sweet person. Poor Tom was really affected by the song, and the video....

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Kari-Ann is a BRAT and I am already tired of her. Did you see the previews for next week? Just who does she think she is?
    I am so over Kari Ann. I just fast-forward past any segment where she's being obnoxious. Makes it a whole lot easier to watch the program when I don't have to have my Tums ready, to stop the acid pouring in my stomach whenever she starts her neurotic behaviour.

i love dennis rodman. been a fan for many years. he's the reason i watched celeb apprentice and this show.

Dennis is very much a soft heart. I have studied him for years and behind all that bravado, he is very tender and has been screwed ovver a LOT . Do you guys know he paid for the funeral of that poor kid in Jasper Texas and supports teh family. No fan-fare, no drama, he just did it.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I enjoyed this whole episode. I thought the scenes with the family members were really touching. Especially Mikes. I really felt his guilt over his friend and band mate dying. I think it was crucial for the mom to be there and give him "permission" to move on and be ok. Very sweet moments.

I also really enjoyed the dinner with Mindy singing and all of the photos from when they were sweet innocent children to the drug addicts and alcoholics they are now. It seemed to really hit home for Tom.

I wish Heidi didn't leave. But I wondered what the bird was doing there in the first place....no one else's "family" was there helping them set up. I feel for her that her birds is all she has. I hope she comes back.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3833338;
    I wish Heidi didn't leave. But I wondered what the bird was doing there in the first place....no one else's "family" was there helping them set up. I feel for her that her birds is all she has. I hope she comes back.
    I'm thinking Heidi doesn't come back, since the previews showed she was later in a car accident (where I think the car was flipped?), and I think at that time they had mentioned they only had one more week left in treatment. She supposedly is part of the next season of 'Sober House,' though.

A little background on Heidi and her birds: I saw an HBO documentary on Heidi when she first moved to Nevada to start the "Stud Farm." In the documentary, they showed Heidi living in a somewhat deserted area, with only one next door neighbor. The neighbor was one of the oldest living former madams in Nevada, and was in really poor health. The woman had tons of exotic birds living with her inside her house. Heidi befriended the woman, and also helped her out financially from time to time. At first Heidi disliked the birds, but later began to care about them. When the woman passed away, she bequethed the birds to Heidi. At first Heidi didn't want to keep the birds, but ended up having her brother build a giant home (attached to her house) for the birds.

I feel badly for Heidi, and her difficulties trusting/interacting with other people....

I really like MacKenzie and Heidi. Did you notice how PRETTY Heidi is now? Being sober agrees with her. THere is a possibility that her family didn't want to appear on screen with her - we didn't see Tom's family, for example. And her father is a well known physician. I find it so bizarre that they are related.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

She has said that all she has is her birds....and that she doesn't like to interact with people.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by duplessis3;3833740;
    I really like MacKenzie and Heidi. Did you notice how PRETTY Heidi is now? Being sober agrees with her. THere is a possibility that her family didn't want to appear on screen with her - we didn't see Tom's family, for example. And her father is a well known physician. I find it so bizarre that they are related.
    Heidi's sister was there, along with Heidi's friend. They showed Heidi's friend (holding the bird) more than they showed the sister, though. The documentary I saw showed Heidi having a good relationship with her brother, and it's nice to see her sister supporting her, too. I realize she has mentioned she doesn't "like people," but I was happy to hear Dr. Drew tell her that he sees how great she is with people, and how people really like being around her.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3833338;
    I enjoyed this whole episode. I thought the scenes with the family members were really touching. Especially Mikes. I really felt his guilt over his friend and band mate dying. I think it was crucial for the mom to be there and give him "permission" to move on and be ok. Very sweet moments.

I also really enjoyed the dinner with Mindy singing and all of the photos from when they were sweet innocent children to the drug addicts and alcoholics they are now. It seemed to really hit home for Tom.
    For me, those 3 or 4 minutes while Mindy was singing her song (which was so beautiful and poignant!), and while they were showing the photos and film clips of the group members, those were some of the most emotional and moving moments i've ever experienced on reality tv.

+ Reply to Thread