+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Fogey

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

I had said a while back that I would post what the TV GUIDE wrote in their interview with Drew about past CR people, but I could not find it. But I do remember that Drew said that Seth was hard core and was clean as of the last time they touched base....but he knew that since Seth was still with his former contacts out and about on the streets, he could drop anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by petertracy;3825558;
    Really felt for Mackenzie about her dog. Seems like she has a good support group around her.
    I was crying right along with her while her little pooch was enjoying the ice cream! (then again, I have more sympathy for animals than people). This show never got that strong a reaction from me, but I am glad she is in treatment b/c, like Drew said, something like that would most likely cause an addict to Use.

Just watched the last episode. Just when Tom is ready to high tail it out of there, Monroe convinces Tom to stay in rehab and agrees to go to rehab herself. That's awesome and very decent of her! Seems like she really cares about Tom. Maybe there is more to this Monroe than one might suspect...

And that was really sad about Mac's dog dying, though it was sweet when she gave the dog ice cream for the last time.

Awesome that Dennis finally admitted he was an alcoholic. I guess Brigette really got through to him.

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3829184;
    Just watched the last episode. Just when Tom is ready to high tail it out of there, Monroe convinces Tom to stay in rehab and agrees to go to rehab herself. That's awesome and very decent of her! Seems like she really cares about Tom. Maybe there is more to this Monroe than one might suspect...

And that was really sad about Mac's dog dying, though it was sweet when she gave the dog ice cream for the last time.

Awesome that Dennis finally admitted he was an alcoholic. I guess Brigette really got through to him.
    I'm so glad she is taking the oppurtunity to go to rehab. You hit the nail on the head- there is always more to someone than people suspect-I would like to know Monroe's back story and what led her to addiction. She is more than her addiction, she is a human being like me.

They say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem so it was good to hear Dennis admit that. I think the way Brigette spoke with him about the different types of alchohlics made all the difference in the world in how he thought about addiction, that you don't have to be drinking everyday to fall into that category.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3827137;
    redsox girl - Have your box of tissues handy. *sniff*
    I had to change the channel, it was too upsetting to watch.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3830636;
    I had to change the channel, it was too upsetting to watch.
    I did too..I can only watch this show in little bits because it's sometimes way too painful.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I had to put my cat to sleep in September so the part with Mac's dog had me bawling. I wont watch that part again. Still too painful but luckily she is at the recovery center where she will have additional support. The first thing I did afterward was went to a bar my friend worked at and drank, hell people were buying me beers that night.

I wasnt suprised to see Amber, she seems to show up on every Celeb Rehab/Sober House show now.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3826957;
    I can see, undernerath all the bravado and irritating behavior there seems to be a very genuine, sweet soul. maybe that's one of the reasons he's such a mess, if you are extrodinarily sensitive and you get screwed around with enough growing up and into young adulthood, maybe you learn to hide it all behind an outrageous personality as a way to preotect yourself from further hurt.
    I think this is really perceptive. Carmen, his ex said much the same thing, too.

This might seem out from left field, but he reminds me of Jimi Hendrix. Maybe because both were/are talented, big souls, surrounded by people who drain them. I hope Dennis does not end the same way. He has another chance. In those days, was there even such a thing as rehab?

I must be getting really cynical so I'll spare my thoughts about Mackenzie and her dog.

I felt sorry for Kari Ann this episode. I felt some of the others did jump down her throat, just when she was barely starting to open up. I agreed with her that Mackenzie, for instance, was playing at being a 'doctor.' It wasn't Mackenzie's place. I also thought Mindy was starting to get through to Kari Ann, simply by letting Kari Ann know that someone else shared that hellish aspect of their childhood but then Mindy went all judgmental on her too.

It just seems no one can stop taking Kari Ann's inventory (TM Stuart Smalley), including me, I admit. But for a moment there we saw a human being.

Dennis is very much a soft heart. I have studied him for years and behind all that bravado, he is very tender and has been screwed ovver a LOT . Do you guys know he paid for the funeral of that poor kid in Jasper Texas and supports teh family. No fan-fare, no drama, he just did it.

Kari-Ann is a BRAT and I am already tired of her. Did you see the previews for next week? Just who does she think she is?

Which kid in Jasper TX? Sorry I don't know the story.

I haven't seen next week's previews, no. I think she splits and goes into fight mode really easily; she seemed nothing but fragile in 'group' when her persona was jimmied aside a bit.

Doesn't make her any less difficult to be around, of course. And it all makes for 'good' tv drama. I feel guilty watching these shows sometimes - rehab, hoarders...but I keep watching.

+ Reply to Thread