+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

was there a new ep last night? i think my dvr malfunctioned. booooooooo!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by petertracy;3825558;
    Really felt for Mackenzie about her dog. Seems like she has a good support group around her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3825640;
    There was one today at 11 AM ET. It's on again at 10 PM ET. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by petertracy;3825558;
    Really felt for Mackenzie about her dog. Seems like she has a good support group around her.
    I actually teared up right along with Mackenzie b/c I went through something similar with my cat a few months ago. So sad.

And will someone please kick Kari Ann to the curb? Can't believe we'll have to endure her insolence on the upcoming 'Sober House,' too. grr

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

This last episode was more intense than most. Mackenzsie really broke my heart --- I give her so much credit for being as dedicated as she is to maintaining her sobriety. She seems to be a genuinely very nice, down to earth person -- and someone who would be a good friend.

Nice to see Dennis finally, if not actually admitting, at least saying the words that he's an alcoholic. Moving in the right direction, but he's got such a long way to go, he may never get there. I think, really, whether he will beat the alcoholism, will depend on whether he comes to believe that he has actually already caused himself serious brain (and most likely liver) damage --- and the alcohol will continue to distroy his body until he stops drinking. If he doesn't believe it, he doesn't have a prayer.

Kari Ann has moments of being human, but very rarely. What a self-indulgent spoiled brat! Actually, I think her addiction just adds to her miserable personality, and that she would be pretty much the same unpleasant person even if she didn't have an addiction problem.

Hurray for Brigette, Amber, Rodney and Jessica!!! It was great to see them, and good for them that they've maintained their sobriety for so long!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3826480;
    Hurray for Brigette, Amber, Rodney and Jessica!!! It was great to see them, and good for them that they've maintained their sobriety for so long!
    I was glad to see them, too. Especially, Brigette. When she was on the previous 'celeb rehab,' I thought she was a genuinely kind, and loving person. I was unclear about Amber's sobriety, though. Didn't she state something like, "I've been working on my sobriety for 1 and 1/2 years now...."? I'm afraid I interpreted that as her not having maintained her sobriety, but I like her, and hope the best for her. Rodney's a sweetheart, too. Glad he's maintained his sobriety since he left rehab. Yay for Jessica, too. She's come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3826750;
    I was glad to see them, too. Especially, Brigette. When she was on the previous 'celeb rehab,' I thought she was a genuinely kind, and loving person. I was unclear about Amber's sobriety, though. Didn't she state something like, "I've been working on my sobriety for 1 and 1/2 years now...."? I'm afraid I interpreted that as her not having maintained her sobriety, but I like her, and hope the best for her. Rodney's a sweetheart, too. Glad he's maintained his sobriety since he left rehab. Yay for Jessica, too. She's come a long way.
    I missed this episode three times already! I 've so been wanting to see it as I wanted to catch up with Bridgette, Jessica, Amber and especially Rodney-he really broke my heart when i watched him on celebrity Rehab and Sober House-and i mean that in a good way. Considering the hell he went through he is such a shining example of how a genuinely decent human being will not lose that goodness in them even in the depths of addiction, post trauma disorder and the fact he owned up to his abusive behavior toward others is the sign of a strong person who 'gets it.' And Bridgette. gosh, i just adore her, as well -she totally took the treatment process so seriously and has stuck to it and she has such a genuine, joyous spirit-someone who wants to help others without losing herself in the process.
    I have to say Amber makes me smile, too- I'm not sure if she slipped or not but I wonder if she mean like all addcits maintaining sobriety is always a work in progress.
    Looking forward to seeing this episode and hope Dennis makes some more progress-that he's at least listening is a start- and I noticed he keeps out of the drama which is a good sign, I think. I do know he's got a lot of emotional scars and unresolved issues regarding his family and their treatment of him...it's weird , but I can see, undernerath all the bravado and irritating behavior there seems to be a very genuine, sweet soul. maybe that's one of the reasons he's such a mess, if you are extrodinarily sensitive and you get screwed around with enough growing up and into young adulthood, maybe you learn to hide it all behind an outrageous personality as a way to preotect yourself from further hurt.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3825959;
    There was one today at 11 AM ET. It's on again at 10 PM ET. HTH

I actually teared up right along with Mackenzie b/c I went through something similar with my cat a few months ago. So sad.

And will someone please kick Kari Ann to the curb? Can't believe we'll have to endure her insolence on the upcoming 'Sober House,' too. grr
    Did her pet die? Oh no. I missed the episode. Animals can get you through anything and i sometimes believe they are essential in healing from lives traumas.
    I really like Mackenzie and I'm coming to admire her.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

yeah, the dog thing had me in tears. i love my pooch so much, i can only imagine how she felt.

i really just can't w the kari ann chick. she disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3825959;

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3826959;
    Did her pet die? Oh no. I missed the episode. Animals can get you through anything and i sometimes believe they are essential in healing from lives traumas.
    I really like Mackenzie and I'm coming to admire her.
    redsox girl - Have your box of tissues handy. *sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3825640;
    You can watch the episode you missed on line. Just go to VH1.com

Personally, I find Mackenzie a tad annoying. Kind of like she thinks she knows everything. I know she's been through a lot and I give her credit for getting clean, but I still find her a bit over the top sometimes.

I loved seeing Bridgette, Rodney, Amber and Jessica. I hope they continue in their sobriety.

Does anyone know what happened to Seth? I really liked him. I hope he's clean and doing well.

+ Reply to Thread